Mansfield (H)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

We need to steady up on the injury and suspension front.

If we can play how we have with fresh legs coming in, we will be fine. If the new replacements effect the balance within the squad, as did the trailsts. It will make it more entertaining, it could be like Forest in the league cup a few years back. A goal feast but without penalties!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I might be bringing my Ipswich supporting mate along. What's the cost to get in the Kop?

Priceless now the football is taken up several notches, I may get myself over sooner. I hope your Ipswich mate brings us extra luck!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's MATCH DAY!!! I can't wait to get back to Meadow Lane, it feels like it's been ages since I have been roaming around the outside taking pictures and so on.

I have a very good feeling about the game, which I hope is a sign of a good performance. If we can put together a good display at home, I think folks will start coming back and the attendances will lift. I hope tonight is busy and full of our fans silencing @Dan's lot.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

What starting 11s do we all hope to see?

For me, 4-2-3-1:

Carroll

Hewitt Bennett Audel Sharpe

Aborah Thompson

Snijders Noble De Silva

Campbell

• Content Count:  47

I am hoping we can play our usual game, for me if they try to stop that. It will be useful to see how we cope with that and what the play would look like.

Long ball football would not be good.

£22, get yourself the reward card if you plan to attend often. It will knock off £2!! Well worth it.

I've seen the reward card, looks like some good deals, how much is it?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This game is very lively, Mansfield are playing quite well (dirt) but well. We need to keep the ball and frustrate them, chances will come. Roy Carrol's save was spectacular!

69759467afda1d14e0f9cbab83ba5c65.jpg

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

A lesson and one well learned I hope. We'll get back on track quickly I reckon.

We need 2 players. A dominant centre half and a goal scorer. The sooner the better.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Speechless after that abysmal performance! Local derby obviously got lost in translation judging by the lack of passion shown by our foreign legion!!

• Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  1

As bad as we were, I thought Mansfield were excellent, I had a horrible feeling pre-kickoff we was going to get turned over, tonight showed that we you need a mixture of skill and also effort, last season we had the effort without the flair, now we seem to be trying the flair approach without the neccessary effort, I just hope Ricardo learns from this very harsh lesson.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Well...after listening to the radio as we're still away, I'm so bloody glad I didn't cut the holiday short by a day to come and watch that. It has new thing to do with yo-yo support and everything to do with the effort. The effort by the stags that is. They sounds as if they hounded and hurried the whole game and we didn't deserve to get close to them I thought it was our plan to be first to every ball and challenge? Well done Mansfield is all I can say. Long term, as in next week!!, it seems the back four is really being messed up by suspensions and injuries. I hope when all that is clear RM has n idea of his first 11 that can harry and press like the stags did.

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

As bad as we were, I thought Mansfield were excellent, I had a horrible feeling pre-kickoff we was going to get turned over, tonight showed that we you need a mixture of skill and also effort, last season we had the effort without the flair, now we seem to be trying the flair approach without the necessary effort, I just hope Ricardo learns from this very harsh lesson.

Can't argue much with these comments to be honest.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well @hissingdwarf is glad he didn't cut his holiday short whilst I wish I hadn't postponed going on mine, we could have gone away Wednesday but I wanted to go to the match. BIG MISTAKE.

We were out fought and bullied, the Stags were well worth their win, they had obviously done their homework I'm afraid Notts will play a lot of teams in this league that will do the same, we need to stand up to it better we won't be able to get the ball down and play pretty football all the time. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee Notts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With it being a local derby we shouldn't be too disappointed because at the end of the day, we should have been better.

It does not make it easier to accept though.

• Days Won:  1

I'm still fuming! What other game plan did they think Mansfield would come with? Everybody on the planet knew they would play like that! Adjust your tactics accordingly!!!!

Mansfield came with a plan and stuck to it, which was to waste as much time as possible. The ref never got control of the game. I felt sorry for the bloke next to us queuing to get in the Kop, as he'd just driven up from the south of France.

• Content Count:  3

I've been v impressed with the comment on here but as you would expect I don't agree with the last post. As a Mansfield fan I was impressed with how we approached the game and we were clearly up for it. Not sure the game plan was to time waste time - I don't think anyone could say we came for a point . I think we turned in an excellent professional away performance and I'm sure you would have a similar view if the boot was on the other foot

I think a big factor was the support  - I've watched Mansfield for many years and thought the support last night was awesome.

You have to accept you are in Div 2 because you deserve to be and hype doesn't win matches. Commitment and ability does.

If I can be honest I would summarise last night quite simply  - we were up for it and you werent

Good luck for the rest of the season. I hope we stay in the same division tho  - the six points are v useful -))    

I've been v impressed with the comment on here but as you would expect I don't agree with the last post. As a Mansfield fan I was impressed with how we approached the game and we were clearly up for it. Not sure the game plan was to time waste time - I don't think anyone could say we came for a point . I think we turned in an excellent professional away performance and I'm sure you would have a similar view if the boot was on the other foot

I think a big factor was the support  - I've watched Mansfield for many years and thought the support last night was awesome.

You have to accept you are in Div 2 because you deserve to be and hype doesn't win matches. Commitment and ability does.

If I can be honest I would summarise last night quite simply  - we were up for it and you werent

Good luck for the rest of the season. I hope we stay in the same division tho  - the six points are v useful -))    

That was my reading of it after listening to the radio as well @yorkstag. Teams can always blame refs etc...but at the end of the day the players need to want it more. Simples!

I would not expect a side not to time waste, over with me being state side I cannot comment much. I have watched the highlights on the magpie player, Mansfield did look fired up and played some good football.

On another day it could have been the other way around.

Enjoy the points and good luck to the stags.

• Content Count:  648
  • Days Won:  4

I was shocked at both sides. I couldn't believe how bad Notts were and I couldn't believe how good we were. I think Muzza had a game plan and he executed it perfectly. Stop Notts playing, put some hard tackles in on the foreign players to welcome them to a local derby (Sprockel didn't fancy it after that crunching tackle early on) and don't give them time on the ball. Had I not seen how good Notts were at Stevenage & particularly Huddersfield, I would be really worried if I was a Notts fan thinking that we were in big trouble as most of the team didn't play well. But seeing the first 2 games I think this was just a blip and also the Meadow Lane curse coming in to play too.

As for us, I was really impressed with how we went about our jobs, each and every man were brilliant. The time-wasting from the 50th minute onwards was a tad embarrassing like, but Brian Jensen is an experienced as they come and he was orchestrating it perfectly. 

Let's just hope both teams can carry on doing well for all of our sakes. I think Notts will draw 1-1 tonight and I can see us getting beat at Accrington as they're a bit of a bogey team for us and it'll be a classic case of after the lord mayors show knowing us!

I was shocked at both sides. I couldn't believe how bad Notts were and I couldn't believe how good we were. I think Muzza had a game plan and he executed it perfectly. Stop Notts playing, put some hard tackles in on the foreign players to welcome them to a local derby (Sprockel didn't fancy it after that crunching tackle early on) and don't give them time on the ball. Had I not seen how good Notts were at Stevenage & particularly Huddersfield, I would be really worried if I was a Notts fan thinking that we were in big trouble as most of the team didn't play well. But seeing the first 2 games I think this was just a blip and also the Meadow Lane curse coming in to play too.

As for us, I was really impressed with how we went about our jobs, each and every man were brilliant. The time-wasting from the 50th minute onwards was a tad embarrassing like, but Brian Jensen is an experienced as they come and he was orchestrating it perfectly. 

Let's just hope both teams can carry on doing well for all of our sakes. I think Notts will draw 1-1 tonight and I can see us getting beat at Accrington as they're a bit of a bogey team for us and it'll be a classic case of after the lord mayors show knowing us!

A fair reflection of the game from what I've heard. (Unfortunately!!!) Pains me to say it, but well done stags!

Mansfield came with a plan and stuck to it, which was to waste as much time as possible. The ref never got control of the game. I felt sorry for the bloke next to us queuing to get in the Kop, as he'd just driven up from the south of France.

Perhaps I put that wrong about wasting time, Mansfield stopped Notts from starting, and deserved to win.

Archived