• 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

1-1 wonder goal by Snidjers

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

*Sigh

I felt we could have gotten a draw but its clear now, we must work harder on the training pitch to make it right within the playing field. Morecambe should be delighted, its a great result but I'm just very disappointed.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Initial thoughts....

That was not a 4-1 performance... the booing by some at the end.. and the strangled chants of not fit to wear the shirt... or the louder what a load of rubbish were not justified...

They actually played well... at half time we actually thought we could go on to win the game...

Thw referee wasnt great... but we have had worse..

We are not far off... that is the frustrating thing

Just speaking to Mike Edwards..

They are frustrated.. the score doesnt tell the story... Chances created... on another day notts might have been out of site by half time.

The lads "dominos" has just arrived so will leave them to it

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

we don't have a right to win games but we do need to do better, this result is not acceptable at all. 4-1 was supposed to be a thing of the past, yet nothing seems different.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Just speaking to Mike Edwards..

They are frustrated.. the score doesnt tell the story... Chances created... on another day notts might have been out of site by half time.

Thanks @PTID1862 for those thoughts from someone who was actually there it is difficult to get a true picture of the game from a commentary, you have made me feel a little better but not a lot, the trouble is losing can become a habit and if we start losing we will soon be at the bottom and we all know where that leads.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Morecambe are a team. They have a fantastic manger. They overcome injuries to key players and gave us a lesson in what's required to compete at L2 level. Being honest Notts look more likely to go down than Morecambe. Sobering thought.....

• Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  1

I'm still in shock after going to the game. We had loads of chances in the first half and they had a shot which went in. At half time I thought we were playing well and couldn't see anything else but a notts win. We looked like we were a class above. In the second half what a disappointment!! We don't look like a team who wants to fight together to win a match, or who wants to dig deep and go for it. Our players individually seemed far better than theirs but they were more together as a team.

more thoughts:

On a different day, we could have been out of site by half time. The defending needs sorting out, it is unbelievable how vulnerable we are, and there isn't one leader there... they all seem to be telling each other what to do, and end up with none of them doing anything... Most guilty of this.. Sprockel, Hollis and Amevor... I haven't included Audel, IMO he had a good game.

I think we paid the price for the suspensions, and with our record this will haunt us even more as the season progresses... in particular today Amevor and McLeod both needless, one for a silly petulant trip, the other for back-chatting and giving the referee grief... Campbell's yellow was very harsh IMO albeit with 3/4 of the pitch between us...

How on earth the referee didn't convert the systematic manhandling of Stead into a spot kick is baffling, every time the ball was played up to him, he had the defenders arm around the neck shoulder and across his chest...

A very frustrating day, although it wasn't a display to warrant the boos, "what a load of rubbish" "not fit to wear the shirt" ... They tried, for me the defensive frailties can and should be put down to organisation, familiarity and langua ge.... this is a coaching problem, not just a playing problem. The backroom need to sort that out, once done, we look pretty close to having a blooming good side

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

It's frustrating watching matches when the shirt pulling and manhandling are just ignored by the officials, for me it shouldn't be part of football.

The referee gave a FK against Amevor for shirt pulling in the opponents box, just a shame he didn't give anything against Shaun Beeley all game... :unsure:

Apologies to Mr Beeley for my mistaken Identity... the culprit was in fact Adam Dugdale.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Well to me (from a distance admittedly) it sounds like priorities 1, 2 and 3 are tightening up the the back. You can play all the nice possession football in the world and even score the odd goals, but if you concede silly goals at the back you'll find yourself chasing games and will end up with results like Saturday's. That's 10 goals in 4 games now. And before someone mentions Keegan's Newcastle, they won sod all!

They did get promoted

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

I was at the game although I only just made it for kick off! At times we played some decent football but our finishing was abysmal apart from the snidjers goal! By half time I thought we stood a good chance of winning this game but unfortunately the team that came out showed no fight at all. The defence collapsed again and Moniz baffles me with his substitutions. Why bring in all of these players and fail to sign a commanding centre half. I can't understand it. Talking to Morecambe fans, they were very surprised to have won the game after the way we were making chances first half. I was extremely disappointed but I don't boo my team and I don't understand how anyone thinks that the abuse by some fans towards the players will help motivate the team!!!

Archived