how long does Moniz have in your opinion?

liampie

how long does Moniz have in your opinion?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. if things dont improve when do think the club will axe him?

• 4 games (hartlepool)
    • after the new year? (oxford)
    • early feb (york)
    • afterwards (between york and the end of the season)
    • he will survive (regardless of results)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

how long does Moniz have in your opinion? i thought it would be interesting to see the response.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I think if things dont improve in the next 2 games, we may see him go.

It depends if the club still target promotion, I do think Ray could take some of the pressure off by speaking his thoughts when he writes the notes in the programme. Just clarify what he is happy with but I do not think he would considering some of the reaction it would probably get.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm not sure the board can afford to sack him, so unless Moniz resigns - I can't see him going.

I do think the pressure could mount and force the hands, yet I am unsure just how much pressure this would require and so I voted for the only obvious answer. I know I will be one of few who do, yet I am basing my decision on the fact the club will see Moniz has improved some aspects and may just require time.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

i think he'll be given Time. We're not that far off the Playoffs, But almost to far out to Get Relegated. Let's have a look at what happens in the January Window. 

i voted for early feb because i believe he does not have enough fans on his side.

• Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

well if the board can't afford to sack him good luck cause we ain't achieveing anything so I'd get rid if Newport beat us.

I don't care what anyone says 16th is a joke in league two despite worse teams below us we can't even win away to Dagenham.

I don't get why everyone is so obsessed thinking moniz is the saviour okay we're okay at home but even against Barnet we let in two silly goals.

Its took him 5 months to realise McLeod needs a partner and then after that he played him up top on his own again that's a sign of going against what worked to going back to what doesn't work.

Personally I'd speak to with Cooper I believe if it's the one I mentioned the ex Swindon boss or now forest have picked up I'd try AV a chat with clough.

Thats my view on it also I can't vote as it doesn't give the option after Newport or even after Wycombe 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  3

I know I have said this before, but Notts must be the only team with its own manager of the year trophy.  We have had;-

Older experienced -

Young up and coming -

big boot -

play the ball around 100 times before we to get to the half way line,

yet it seems that there is an element in the support who cannot decide what they want, but its never what we have. 

I warned that the influx of gifted ball players to a league 2 team would  be met by teams, not be able to play sexy football, but who can kick those who can. We have  simply been bullied out of games. As a result of injuries we have been unable to play the same team 2 games in  row, and the need to cut costs leading to a smaller squad, means players are not always in their favourite positions. We need unity, and a team ethos, with the whole squad working together. calling for a new manager will not archive that. Besides, what good manager would want to come to a team  who has no money, and changes its manager so regularly?  

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Clough back at Burton Albion, i do believe. 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Much depends on the result but I think he will be okay, we may improve our away form.

12 hours ago, Piety said:

I know I have said this before, but Notts must be the only team with its own manager of the year trophy.  We have had;-

Older experienced -

Young up and coming -

big boot -

play the ball around 100 times before we to get to the half way line,

yet it seems that there is an element in the support who cannot decide what they want, but its never what we have. 

I warned that the influx of gifted ball players to a league 2 team would  be met by teams, not be able to play sexy football, but who can kick those who can. We have  simply been bullied out of games. As a result of injuries we have been unable to play the same team 2 games in  row, and the need to cut costs leading to a smaller squad, means players are not always in their favourite positions. We need unity, and a team ethos, with the whole squad working together. calling for a new manager will not archive that. Besides, what good manager would want to come to a team  who has no money, and changes its manager so regularly?  

funny you say we have no money yet we have spent more then most of the top 6 also who else has spent 150thousand on a striker ?

I think we have more money then most teams in this league so that's not true .

2nd you say injuries have made us change etc so what about the stupidly of 11 changes by moniz at Orient all of his own nature his fault there.

Also who has played a target man on the right wing for ages again moniz who after 5 months finally realised hey stead and McLeod can play up top togther when we've been saying all along.

Any manager with a brain would realize McLeod and stead can work also he's wasted money brought in not a solid centre back sent one good full back out.

he drops players for one tiny mistake bennett Adams he plays stupid formations at times leaves bizzare subs like bishop for McLeod with a minute to go .

A lot of managers would look at the squad at league two and would do better then he is his stubborn methods don't work his clueless lost and in need of help but he seems to stubborn to admit that.

We have took a lead in away games only to lose embrassingly we attack so high up then any team with a brain catches us quick on counter and scores Plymouth perfected that also Cambridge.

I ain't here to argue with anyone just simply point out my view and that's how I see it but to say we have no money in this league I have to say that I strongly disagree.

Tell me another club who has bought a 150k striker and his wages plus Jon steads wages 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Fact of the matter is, we're closer to the playoffs than the drop zone. We really need to keep him for the long haul. I can't see him relegating us, and so long as we survive, next season he will get until November. If by that point he hasn't got the right players in and playing confident and result-getting football, then it'll be time to show him the door.

will be interesting to see after Newport how close to the playoffs we are with 3 away games which is 9 points and if we lose all 3 which is 99.99 percent likely he will go.

Newport won't be a easy home game like some think new manager picked up had some very good results lately 

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

interesting results for this poll I see that the majority of people think he will be given more time regardless of results. That is also what I voted, I'm fed up with the continual revolving door of managers, let's stick with Moniz for the rest of the season and longer I still have faith in him.

how can you have faith in someone who hasn't learned a lesson all year .

We haven't beaten anyone on the road league wise since Stevenage we've played terrible formations all year.

Weve played a target man as a winger we have been humiliated on national TV we have spent more then most teams and struggling to kill off away games.

We make stupid subs like McLeod for bishop 1minute left to do something we played 442 by mistake and then won 4-2 but then went back to what doesn't work one up top and lost .

Again that's just resorting to another mistake that you shouldn't make I'm not been funny but if you went into work and did this many mistakes you'd be sacked.

I mean he has brought in two players for each postions correct but yet we don't have a actual solid centre back so Edwards has to do it again.

We brought in Bennett then one mistake he ain't good enough Blair Adams yea to lightweight but doing the business down the stags .

Rob Milsom was signed what for egxactly he has been on the bench can't even get above the mobile smith (Joke) Smith is blocking the way of Curtis Milsom etc as smith doesn't run round chase hassle like Thompson does.

And when Thompson played last year and had confidence by God he showed just what a player he can be but again I reckon his confidence is getting shatterd.

Loach is less of a clown then Carroll is becoming at the moment Audel is so terrible at left back its scary that every teams plays down his side and terrorises him.

Noble has been off it for a while now Murray looks sharp and should start he'd be his best off steads play but in all he hasn't convinced me we are going to get better.

I can understand you all want him to be successful everyone does it's like when you have a supplement you all want to think it's working when in hine sight it's not it's you that's making things work.

He isn't working there's no graft no desire zero passion you have to install this into that dressing room he hasn't gaurentee after Newport if we lose all 3 away hel be sacked that's 9 points.

Sorry but as a manager you have to see the problems ie anyalize them correct them egxample say goal 3 Cambridge Hewitt is so far forward useless pass lose the ball break score.

Train on it so it doesn't happen but we won't and then we will repeat that issue goal against Northamphton Burke just lets Maloney go past him they back off shoots scores why cause Burke didn't want it.

Luton town another example mcgheehan picks the ball up runs at us defence backs of he shoots goal again same process.

Thats just a case of a problem not addressed by a manager who is not going to come good cause he's repeating his mistakes week after week after week if he cares that much how us fans feel ring up some people in the game ex people he knows ask for advice tips learn you're trade better.

Hes tried formations and they ain't worked cross them off and stick with what did work 442 don't base players on who plays by training base it on a matched performance of 90 mins smith might be messi in training but he's useless in a game cause he can't keep up.

Carroll is starting to be silly lately the Cambridge goal shows that give Loach a chance might re install some desire in Carroll and smith to drop those might also bring the best out of Curtis again.

Maybe give speno a bit more of a chance again but just learn from ur mistakes please cause it's been 5 months now watch the game anyalize it learn from it prevent it enough said sorry everyone for going on I apologise 

Supporter+

I've been watching Notts for over 50 years now and I don't like the modern attitude of fans that if we aren't in the top six and winning every game then the manager has to be sacked. In the old days we had managers for years, we have to be patient with Moniz, I remember when big Sam was appointed his record was awful but we stuck with him and look at what happened there.

Fans expect too much these days, they want instant success, it doesn't always work out that way, I believe Moniz is still learning and eventually (if he is given time and Ray can be patient) he will come good.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

To be fair,

This all stems from the media, Premier League, Football Club themselves. As fans, it's easy to get sidetracked and sort of brainwashed as to what you should expect because they 'hype' everything and when it backfires they wonder why. The problem extends to fans because of this and I do feel more so than not, they're blamed unfairly.

Yes, some can be ridiculous with their expectations and desires but a fan only wants to see their club succeed.

The media aim to sensationalize everything, so papers, magazines, TV is watched and so on are sold.

The Premier League has pumped so much money into football, wages, TV rights, ticket prices to sustain the wages - that success is the only answer to retain glory and the income that comes to boot with it.

Football Clubs in turn seek and sort out whatever possible way they can to gain money to be successful, if they aren't patient, how can they expect fans to be? It's a vicious circle which only repeats but in my humble and honest opinion - it is football clubs whom hold all the cards to balancing fan expectations. Yet, you have to have the right foundations, the money to invest and the money to spend when it isn't going to plan.

I wouldn't solely blame modern fans @tonyhateley.

well people are voting, so it is interesting and @notts-joe makes a valid point above.

yet to speak out, some fans are morons when it comes to football. just look at what liverpool fans have been doing recently on twitter, if they do not blame the manager, its a player.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  3

It was so much easier to apportion blame when the manager was in charge of everything  at a club. Now with transfer committees - C.E.O's etc. things get confused when we start to play the blame game.

@Notts26   points out that we paid £150K for a striker [not having a go but]  I would suggest that as he has a Mcleod shirt, he like me was expecting a better return on the investment.

It's  not a lot when top teams pay £12mill for squad players, but the money has been spent, so would not be available to a new manager.

As for team selection, Ricky seems to be trying to match our opponents, man for man. Bringing Smith Sheehan and Edwards into the team has made us harder to beat, and is probably only a short term measure to give the team some spine. I would like to see him trust his players and send out the best 11 available, and let the other team worry about us, but its not my neck on the block. Some signings have been a disappointment but at the core of the team we have some quality players, who need the confidence to show it.

this is not the time to start again with an other new manager. 

2 hours ago, Piety said:

It was so much easier to apportion blame when the manager was in charge of everything  at a club. Now with transfer committees - C.E.O's etc. things get confused when we start to play the blame game.

@Notts26   points out that we paid £150K for a striker [not having a go but]  I would suggest that as he has a Mcleod shirt, he like me was expecting a better return on the investment.

It's  not a lot when top teams pay £12mill for squad players, but the money has been spent, so would not be available to a new manager.

As for team selection, Ricky seems to be trying to match our opponents, man for man. Bringing Smith Sheehan and Edwards into the team has made us harder to beat, and is probably only a short term measure to give the team some spine. I would like to see him trust his players and send out the best 11 available, and let the other team worry about us, but its not my neck on the block. Some signings have been a disappointment but at the core of the team we have some quality players, who need the confidence to show it.

this is not the time to start again with an other new manager. 

spot on mate I had that for my birthday to 50 odd quid aswell and yes I agree 150K plus his wages of lets say 2-3grand a week you'd expect a lot more I know he has had a injury lately .

But I don't agree with @tonyhateley the modern fan I'm a young fan at 27 and I think you have it wrong we don't expect success but what we do expect is not to be 16th in December after spending more then last year.

We expect abit of desire passion and guts also I expect a manager who says we gonna have quality over numbers but yet again we have numbers.

Also we shouldn't all sit here and go oh yeah we're happy with 16th if this was going to be a expirementing season why give moniz all this money to waste.

Im sorry I have a diffrent view in not a modern fan cause I'm younger I've watched us thro the big Sams season but moniz is no were near going to be on what big Sam has achieved.

Supporter+
19 hours ago, Notts26 said:

Im sorry I have a diffrent view in not a modern fan cause I'm younger I've watched us thro the big Sams season but moniz is no were near going to be on what big Sam has achieved.

@Notts26I bet you were calling for Big Sam's head when he went all those games without a win and we went down.

i cried when big Sam left I was mascot when we played Macclesfield at home and still Rember it now never wanted his head would do anything for him to come back now 

Supporter+

I apologise to anyone I have upset with my remarks about young fans or modern fans, I didn't mean to upset anyone, just ignore the ramblings of a grumpy old man, I like young people really, I used to be one myself a long time ago. :joker:

Once again sorry for any upset caused.

5 minutes ago, tonyhateley said:

I apologise to anyone I have upset with my remarks about young fans or modern fans, I didn't mean to upset anyone, just ignore the ramblings of a grumpy old man, I like young people really, I used to be one myself a long time ago. :joker:

Once again sorry for any upset caused.

I can forgive you for it 👍🏻👻

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

RE the thread title: he's probably got about 30 years to go, maybe closer to 40 as he'll be in good physical shape.

Archived