Leyton Orient (H)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

17 minutes ago, Veggie pie said:

I can't stand by and watch a human being be ridiculed like that, it's not in my nature and I don't want any part of it, I feel really sad but I have my principles and I will stick with them.

Fair comment. Hope you won't stay away for ever though.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Ratings:

Carroll 5 - Just a 5 at best. Thought Orient had scored 5 minutes before when ball seemed over the line.Caught going walkabout again.Firm case for Loach now
Atkinson 5.5 Thought he was the better of the full backs defensively.
Hewitt 5 Some wayward passing, but still not strong enough to be a centre half
Hollis 6 Best of the defenders
Adams 4 Caught in first half being drawn inside too often leaving acres of space. No offensive capability
Noble 5 Wasted out on the right
Thompson 6 Always 100 per cent effort but still cant really link play
Smith 2.5 Jamie's Moniz/Jenner equivalent love-in. Asleep when Noble passed from the freekick to him, which allowed Orient to break and score.Mobility zero and seemed always within touching distance of Curtis, giving Orient the space to work in.
Banton 5.5 Can deliver a cross but drifted too often out of the game.
Stead 6 Battled but well marshalled. No real space in which to work. Never a midfielder near enough to help link play
McLeod 2.5 A Charlie McParland "offside" brain transplant. Always too lazy to return onside, therefore playing himself out of the game. Another disgraceful falling over in the penalty area first half. Are the front 2 a partnership, in an answer no. Both play as individuals in a striking sense.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Veggie pie said:

When 'our fans' starting laughing because 'our' manager fell over I walked out in disgust and walked out for the final time, feel like I have had my heart ripped out but I won't be returning.

I laughed because he tried to trap the ball, lost his footing and did a couple of pirouettes. It was pure slapstick so I laughed. He wasn't hurt, except perhaps his pride. By the way if we had been winning 5-0 it would still have been funny.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  1

39 minutes ago, Riverleeno said:

I laughed because he tried to trap the ball, lost his footing and did a couple of pirouettes. It was pure slapstick so I laughed. He wasn't hurt, except perhaps his pride. By the way if we had been winning 5-0 it would still have been funny.

Fair enough, but most of the laughter was mixed with nastiness, I think a lot were hoping he would fall over, it was just too much for me, I take my Austistic son to games and I don't want him subjected to all that as I don't know where it will all end up.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

5 minutes ago, Veggie pie said:

Fair enough, but most of the laughter was mixed with nastiness, I think a lot were hoping he would fall over, it was just too much for me, I take my Austistic son to games and I don't want him subjected to all that as I don't know where it will all end up.

Unfortunately a lot of that anger and frustration is directed towards JF as he's the latest figure head chosen by the owners, when the real anger is towards them. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,516
  • Days Won:  9

That performance was a leaderless Notts, no spine or desire.

Leyton Orient looked a poor team but one that wanted to win. Much more than can be said by the 11 players who took the field and let the fans down, that was not football I saw today. Very disgraceful by them and the clash afterwards!

1 minute ago, upthepies said:

That performance was a leaderless Notts, no spine or desire.

Leyton Orient looked a poor team but one that wanted to win. Much more than can be said by the 11 players who took the field and let the fans down, that was not football I saw today. Very disgraceful by them and the clash afterwards!

Clash?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Notts was never going to get anything out of that performance.

I agree with fans who said the defence did well, they had limited support but I do feel the goal could have been handled better (Roy couldn't see). That said Orient was always likely to score, if they had the desire to win - they should have taken the game to us rather than hang back. They seemed fearful to actually take us on, stringing passes and resorting to awful tactics.

If they had have been more direct the outcome could have been worse and previous seasons they have looked pretty decent but not today.

Notts must learn to pass the ball. They over did it but everything was awful today, I can't praise a single player.

• Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Riverleeno said:

It wasn't the commentator making the game 'sound' poor. It was poor. 

Yeah that's what I said in my post ;o)....although its the first time I've heard him commentate and half the time he didn't actually talk about what was going on , on the pitch.

Still, it sounded like a poor game all round

8 minutes ago, NewNottsFan said:

although its the first time I've heard him commentate and half the time he didn't actually talk about what was going on , on the pitch.

That's not a new thing, even if we are playing outstanding football you won't know what's going on if Col's commentating. :lol::lol:

• Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

29 minutes ago, Veggie pie said:

That's not good to hear at all.

I don't think some fans were ever going to give him any time but the performance today wouldn't have helped.

I've never been a booer or shouter as I think its counter productive and that's my worry if the atmosphere remains toxic ( and I know they are reacting to the performance).

Personal abuse is never warranted , I've seen it at games and you cant defend it ...people can show their frustration or even vote with their feet if they think that's what they want ...but personal stuff isn't right

• Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

After taking time to calm down I can't agree with all these really low marks. Realistic ratings:

Carroll 5
Atkinson 6
Hewitt 6.5*
Hollis 6
Adams 6
Noble 5
Thompson 6
Smith 5
Banton 5.5
Stead 5.5
McLeod 4.5

We defended fairly well, and I wouldn't fault the effort. It could even be argued that we deserved a point if only on the basis that they were just as bad as us. Both teams struggled to create anything worthwhile and the winner summed up the game - an awful goal to win an awful game. The problem is that an improved defensive display was at the expense of any attacking threat - one decent shot all game at home is unacceptable, it really was mind numbingly tedious stuff. I feel sorry for Fullarton, if Cooper or Sheridan had won 3 out of their first 6 games there's no way they would have been abused like that. It's hard to see where Ray Trew goes with this one - a ridiculous appointment he has to stick with. I really hope Fullarton manages to turn things around but unfortunately I can only see some very dark days ahead.

@Elite_pie I see where you are coming from...but I take my marker as 5 for acceptable. It was another bad day at the office.. and maybe taking Smith off, moving Noble to central midfield would have delivered a better outcome.

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

12 minutes ago, Elite_pie said:

I'd have a bigger gap between the decent, the mediocre and the awful

Carroll 4 (more interested in fighting with Orient players than taking crosses - should have given away a penalty in 2nd half)
Atkinson 6 (OK defensively, too much wasted ball)
Hewitt 7 (last minute position change, did well)
Hollis 7 (for Haydn we was decent. Defeat was not down to him)
Adams 5 (had a lot of space which only only partly exploited)
Noble 5 (wasted where JF plays him)
Thompson 6 (tried hard, passing not good enough)
Smith 3 (game passed him by)
Banton 7 (looked as though he could be a good player)
Stead 6 (steady - sorry!)
McLeod 4 (I'm a fan, but this was his poorest game at ML)

Campbell - (not fair to mark him)

JF 2 (bad selection, bad playing philosophy, bad substiutions)

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

After taking time to calm down I can't agree with all these really low marks. Realistic ratings:

Carroll 5
Atkinson 6
Hewitt 6.5*
Hollis 6
Adams 6
Noble 5
Thompson 6
Smith 5
Banton 5.5
Stead 5.5
McLeod 4.5

We defended fairly well, and I wouldn't fault the effort. It could even be argued that we deserved a point if only on the basis that they were just as bad as us. Both teams struggled to create anything worthwhile and the winner summed up the game - an awful goal to win an awful game. The problem is that an improved defensive display was at the expense of any attacking threat - one decent shot all game at home is unacceptable, it really was mind numbingly tedious stuff. I feel sorry for Fullarton, if Cooper or Sheridan had won 3 out of their first 6 games there's no way they would have been abused like that. It's hard to see where Ray Trew goes with this one - a ridiculous appointment he has to stick with. I really hope Fullarton manages to turn things around but unfortunately I can only see some very dark days ahead.

You are very right, they would be applauded and cheered, people would be happy if it was either of them in this situation but to not play Stan and play as bad as we did most of last season he doesn't help himself, the make a sub chant I can understand but to victimize him is just plain wrong, how can you judge someone after only 2 home games and having won 3/4 away games ? Yes today was awful but no where near as bad as everyone is making out, how would you feel if people were asking for you to get sacked 2 months into your first job?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

When you are paying more than £20 to watch a game, you hopefully go there to be entertained, to see one shot on target in two homes games is not acceptable, no matter who is in charge and that is the managers fault as it is his system the players are trying to play.

Orient changed it and were on top for a good few minutes after their subs had come, so what did our manager do, counter the substitutions? No, he stood there and let them get the upper hand and did not make a change till 3 minutes after the goal. As the saying goes, he closed the stable gate after the horse had bolted.

Unacceptable behaviour, but he brought it on himself. Entertain the fans Mr Fullarton, we can take defeat if we see effort, skill and a desire to win, we have seen none of this these last two home games!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Blame is shared equally, at least for me but @Fozzy makes a valid point. I've mentioned myself about hus in game tactics and decisions, yet I will always say he should have support.

Surely for the start of next season, we must appoint an assistant?

Give it Alan Smith, as his performance today highlights why we need a bit of pace. I won't knock his fight or spirit, it's just a shame that's all he provided. He might not have experience as an assistant but I am sure he can read games well. He instructs players around him well at times.

When did we look likely to score today? McLeod just looked useless.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727

Fullarton won't be here next season il be surprised if he makes the end of this one yesterday there was some fans were arguing with one an other shoutin abuse.

fans were arguing with Carroll after the game apparently it's a recipe for disaster this is.

10 points off play offs 14 off relegation it's getting closer to relegation.

Oh and don't forget Stan outside the pavis tellin fans he is fit and so on the club is rotting the owners don't care our voice is worthless as they do the opposite regardless.

next manager will be sponge bob square pants his assistant will be Patrick 

@Elite_pie Maybe we are of the same ilk, as we seem to agree on a lot of things. Having slept on it, I still think your marks are too high. As a team in an attacking sense, creativity was near zero, albeit with the ocassional good cross from Banton...but that was our only hope. "6's" for boredom all around

have to agree Banton for me was the only player who looked like he could go past someone and maybe make somat happen.

Least he ran at people went past em and tried to create what annoyed me was when we broke izale was holding and holding the run when Adams had a pass on either izale or Banton was free on the left ready.

And he played it to izale who was then offside when Banton was free with a one on one with the left back who he got past every time.

But Adams had a shocker for me but even tho Banton looked good and our only threat they were all poor 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I'd love for all the JF supporters who backed his appointment to tell us how watching aimless hoofball produce 1 shot on target in two games is anywhere near acceptable or a platform to build from for next season (before that one is brought up)

well when I got out the ground there was angry people I saw I went to my and got out of the place so. 

I heard some fans were Arguing with players going at it then protesting behind the stand were the trews sit.

I don't condone it or get involed but it's clear to see the situation is boiling over if you was at the game yesterday which I clearly tell you wasn't you would of saw this.

In fact fans will tell you they was protesting

But fans in the kop at the top were apparently arguing amongst themselves and that was getting heated so it's obvious

The atmosphere is poison fans arguing with player fans arguing with each other the pavis were gettin heated to so its a recipe for a huge disaster simple.

Anyway a bet Steve coppell fell asleep and also a never sang get out of our club so people need to actually see how bad it's getting 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i dont think we knew how to play orient, passing and literally every else so of the mark.

Archived