Something not right?

lets be perfectly honest here something is not right.

If you were buying a business for millions of pounds would you let the person you were buying it from appoint 2 people into possibly 2 of the most vital positions in the organisation (Cooper & The chief exec) course you wouldn't. if you were taking ownership of notts later this week you would tell ray trew to let you be the one to fire JF and automatically be in favour with the fans. Would you let a man leaving the organisation to appoint a chief exec who is basically going to run your £5m pound asset day to day? No - No you wouldn't - the whole thing stinks.

I am not on here berating ray or aileen far from it, the facts indicate that something isn't quite right. The one thing the board need to be at this moment is transparent, 80% of the fan base has had enough of whats been put before them this season. Be straight with people, this is our football club you are the custodians and quite frankly everyone has had enough of the smoke and horsepoo that has been offered at times.

Any chance of some actual facts?

Saw this on NCM from a poster called 'TrentEndTrev', and I tend to agree with it.

At times this takeover business has been Munto-esque. It's all a bit cloak and dagger behind the scenes, talk of first Danish billionaires, then some strange American wrestling takeover, then people flying in from China? What is going on? Throw in Alan Hardy into the mix and his tweets, something is amiss surely?

Meanwhile, the Trews have dismantled the backroom staff and are appointing new ones? What? Do the Trews actually want to sell, or are they just seeking further investment?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question, but it could be a case of RT protecting his investment, because the sale of a club perilously close to Non league will not have the same value.

Personally, I'm just happy that JF has finally gone and we now have the man that thought he had got the job originally. Everything else will be revealed over the next few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

Good question, but it could be a case of RT protecting his investment, because the sale of a club perilously close to Non league will not have the same value.

Personally, I'm just happy that JF has finally gone and we now have the man that thought he had got the job originally. Everything else will be revealed over the next few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You're right, it could be, but it seems odd timing. Having said that, odd timing is a Trew trait. 

I think Notts fans, myself included, are very wary of these billionaire and foreign ownership tags, after Munto. 

If I was selling my hotel as a "going concern"......it would need to be exactly that ie not a worsening "black hole" with a value fast declining?

If the numbers are to be believed ie 4/6/8/10 million squid.....then paying off MC or the new CEO from Newport is pocket change.

1 minute ago, tarquinbeech said:

If I was selling my hotel as a "going concern"......it would need to be exactly that ie not a worsening "black hole" with a value fast declining?

If the numbers are to be believed ie 4/6/8/10 million squid.....then paying off MC or the new CEO from Newport is pocket change.

But it does suggest the takeover isn't close. If it were, the new owner(s) would surely have input? 

If I were buying a hotel in the next month, I wouldn't want the seller doing a refurbishment job that isn't to my taste.  

....plus, if the deal falls through then RT needs to keep the club running until a different buyer is found.

Unfortunately, some will say that there was no buyer in the first place, but if our results improve (let's face it, they cannot get worse!!)....at least fans will be returning and the cashflow will improve.......3,500 on Saturday must have caused Ray some concern.

It could be that the Trews are genuinely undecided about who to deal with, maybe they are doing "due diligence" on the purchaser and that therfore it's goin to take longer that expected. I think both arguments above are valid, the don't refurbish one and the protect your asset's value one. Perhaps they were in a position where they had to choose between the two, as doing nothing had become untenable. @erindoors?

3 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

But it does suggest the takeover isn't close. If it were, the new owner(s) would surely have input? 

If I were buying a hotel in the next month, I wouldn't want the seller doing a refurbishment job that isn't to my taste.  

MC is on a short-term contract.....he has a points "target" for an extended contract.....the points target might not even be achievable unless Notts turn into superstars, at which point the new owners are unlikely to sack him?

Just now, tarquinbeech said:

MC is on a short-term contract.....he has a points "target" for an extended contract.....the points target might not even be achievable unless Notts turn into superstars, at which point the new owners are unlikely to sack him?

The new manager makes sense, it's more the new CEO, media team etc.. that has left me baffled. 

Just now, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

The new manager makes sense, it's more the new CEO, media team etc.. that has left me baffled. 

I admit, the CEO bit is a little strange.....but the new guy didn't stay long at Newport either......maybe he is on a "trouble-shooter" type contract which is not unusual in big business.....6 months here, 6 months there.....results based bonuses etc?

I think Notts will get a decent crowd for the Monday fixture, between 5,000 and 5,500.....those extra 2,000 tickets at £15 average x 5 remaining home games plus extra catering profits? ...............is easily enough to pay off MC's and/or the CEO's short-term contracts if needs be.

Put it another way......the alternative under JF was crowds nudging 3,000 and flirtation with relegation.....and possible buyers backing out!

Personally I think Ray has played it spot on....this time!

29 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Strangely enough......it could be that a deal is closer than we think ie the CVs of the new guys have received a "nod" from the new Chinese/American/Indian/Danish squillionaires!!

My final point is this.....for all the bad press that Ray has taken over the running of Notts (especially his taste in rookie managers).......the guy is no fool.

Nobody gets anywhere in business without having a certain flair or level of shrewdness.......Ray and Aileen are definitely not Munto, and one thing I find a bit upsetting is all those on the "other" forum implying as such (yes I still read it despite no longer contributing there).......and some of the stuff is pure bile, no wonder Mr and Mrs Trew want out.

Yes, they have made mistakes.....but who hasn't, I know I have!

If Ray says a deal is close....I believe him.....if it falls through then sobeit......at least we have a decent manager now.....and I am fooking excited about it....COYP.

Well, having spoken to fans at the Exeter game - I know many have voiced that they do not believe this is the case that the club is actually up for sale.

Myself I think they are trying to show potential buyers that the club is well cared for, by this I mean simply that the structure is already there for buyers. I do have some doubts, yet I think from the logical point of view - no buyer will want to take a ship which people are jumping from. Considering 'supposedly' an assistant manager wouldn't come in under Fullarton - yet we can attract the manager most would have been happy with in the first place.

The smoke signals are perhaps a little confusing.

6 hours ago, notts-joe said:

Well, having spoken to fans at the Exeter game - I know many have voiced that they do not believe this is the case that the club is actually up for sale.

Myself I think they are trying to show potential buyers that the club is well cared for, by this I mean simply that the structure is already there for buyers. I do have some doubts, yet I think from the logical point of view - no buyer will want to take a ship which people are jumping from. Considering 'supposedly' an assistant manager wouldn't come in under Fullarton - yet we can attract the manager most would have been happy with in the first place.

The smoke signals are perhaps a little confusing.

What do you have your doubts about? That the club is up for sale? Do you think we are lying?

What smoke signals?

I'll just say that when selling a business, every stage of the dealings is not out there for public consumption. Partly this is covered by an NDA. Obviously, there are occasions when potential buyers are not discrete, but that is never beneficial to progress. Why do people think something is not right?

A manager was needed. An Operational CEO was needed, the business needs to continue running. As for the media side of things, one was in place prior to sale and the other had already been interviewed and accepted our offer but had notice to work. Added to this, RT and myself are still Directors and owners. There's still a job to do. 

Guest gtownjohnno
27 minutes ago, erindoors said:

I'll just say that when selling a business, every stage of the dealings is not out there for public consumption. Partly this is covered by an NDA. Obviously, there are occasions when potential buyers are not discrete, but that is never beneficial to progress. Why do people think something is not right?

A manager was needed. An Operational CEO was needed, the business needs to continue running. As for the media side of things, one was in place prior to sale and the other had already been interviewed and accepted our offer but had notice to work. Added to this, RT and myself are still Directors and owners. There's still a job to do. 

PRIOR TO SALE ????

Archived