Something not right?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, erindoors said:

I'll just say that when selling a business, every stage of the dealings is not out there for public consumption. Partly this is covered by an NDA. Obviously, there are occasions when potential buyers are not discrete, but that is never beneficial to progress. Why do people think something is not right?

A manager was needed. An Operational CEO was needed, the business needs to continue running. As for the media side of things, one was in place prior to sale and the other had already been interviewed and accepted our offer but had notice to work. Added to this, RT and myself are still Directors and owners. There's still a job to do. 

Which is exactly what I have been trying to say..............if I was trying to sell this hotel (offers are invited!)......I still need to cut the sodding grass, and if I haven't got time to do it myself .....then I employ a gardener.......actually PP/ @erindoors....I am pretty sure that you could have got more points than JF managed, if you had managed the team yourself!!..................................plus you could have pocketed his wages.

Why are people still trying to say that somehow and somewhere Mr and Mrs T are hiding something....or deliberately lying?

The problem is here that certain "keyboard warriors" (not on here I hasten to add)...... are determined to twist the knife, and actually it's pretty sad and pathetic.

ps @erindoors, your namesake goat is doing pretty well.

Myself and Miriam have sat outside under a palm tree all afternoon keeping an eye on her, fingers crossed, 8 days old and counting........another 20 days and she will be as feisty as you!!

Thanks for the update on Aileen, Tarqs. God help you if she turns out as feisty as me...

The only thing I'd say re your post is that, while people may not be foul mouthed on here, there Are constant insinuations that we are lying about possible buyers and an agreement in principle being reached. It all amounts to the same thing at the end of the day - knife twisting and it's there for all to see....

Thanks for the update on Aileen, Tarqs. God help you if she turns out as feisty as me...

The only thing I'd say re your post is that, while people may not be foul mouthed on here, there Are constant insinuations that we are lying about possible buyers and an agreement in principle being reached. It all amounts to the same thing at the end of the day - knife twisting and it's there for all to see....

I for one don't think you are lying but I think people only believe what they can see and as many things are hush hush regarding the sale of the club (NDAs ect) I think people start to wonder why everything is hush hush, myself included I only believe what I can see, I don't think you are lying but naturally I want to know as much as possible which is why I wouldn't take it personally, but I'm sure people will always be respectful to you here

56 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

I for one don't think you are lying but I think people only believe what they can see and as many things are hush hush regarding the sale of the club (NDAs ect) I think people start to wonder why everything is hush hush, myself included I only believe what I can see, I don't think you are lying but naturally I want to know as much as possible which is why I wouldn't take it personally, but I'm sure people will always be respectful to you here

I've explained why discretion is key when negotiations are in place. Most potential buyers or sellers will not send snippets out on social media, thank goodness, as it's damaging and misleading. People on here don't usually say "they are lying" but use more subtle phrases such as "i find it hard to believe" or"do you buy the story" and "if there really is a buyer"   more recently "just a bargaining ploy"  Strange, when it's been clearly stated that there is genuine interest and productive talks.

56 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said: I for one don't think you are lying but I think people only believe what they can see and as many things are hush hush regarding the sale of the club (NDAs ect) I think people start to wonder why everything is hush hush, myself included I only believe what I can see, I don't think you are lying but naturally I want to know as much as possible which is why I wouldn't take it personally, but I'm sure people will always be respectful to you here

I've explained why discretion is key when negotiations are in place. Most potential buyers or sellers will not send snippets out on social media, thank goodness, as it's damaging and misleading. People on here don't usually say "they are lying" but use more subtle phrases such as "i find it hard to believe" or"do you buy the story" and "if there really is a buyer"   more recently "just a bargaining ploy"  Strange, when it's been clearly stated that there is genuine interest and productive talks.

I completely understand where you are coming from and many are just questioning what they don't know, the post is always speculating different things and that is many peoples only way of knowing what happening so they don't know what to believe when they hear danish billionaires and then the next week something different, I'm confident yourself and Mr T are doing what's best for the club, but others are simply speculating

23 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

I completely understand where you are coming from and many are just questioning what they don't know, the post is always speculating different things and that is many peoples only way of knowing what happening so they don't know what to believe when they hear danish billionaires and then the next week something different, I'm confident yourself and Mr T are doing what's best for the club, but others are simply speculating

suppose what I'm saying is that when the truth is stated, its not hush hush or sinister. It seems certain people don't want to hear the truth..maybe journalistic aspirations aren't satisfied? I don't know ;-)

Nowt as strange as folk.

Supporter+

The sooner the new owners are in place the better for everyone. Mr Trew can relax and move with his life. I'm sure he'd love a holiday. Fans can look forward to a new era.

@erindoors - I have my doubts about the takeover. I have witnessed, on NCM, Ray many a time make statements that did not come to fruition. Three of those times were to do with us signing a top striker within the imminent future (over the years). This led to building up fan hope and expectation, and always ended in frustration. That is why I have my doubts - surely you can empathise with that?

5 minutes ago, mr_notts_county said:

@erindoors - I have my doubts about the takeover. I have witnessed, on NCM, Ray many a time make statements that did not come to fruition. Three of those times were to do with us signing a top striker within the imminent future (over the years). This led to building up fan hope and expectation, and always ended in frustration. That is why I have my doubts - surely you can empathise with that?

At last, someone ballsy enough to say what they really think with no innuendo. 

Yes, I can understand that after RT (years ago) said on MAD something was happening, then it didn't, it could make you wary. In his defence, that was quite Years ago and at the last minute, deals can get scuppered (and sometimes his idea of a striker from the champ or prem is different from others i.e.. a youth)Sometimes,  he jumped the gun. Unwise but not deliberate.

RT hasn't been approached about takeovers on here, or more wider media and knows business well enough not to openly blab about something so important. In this case, it was me who confirmed something on here (not with Any detail, of course.)  I'm not known for lying or jumping the gun, in fact, I've taken loads of flack (usually for other people) because I've felt discretion was better. Hence my frustration at one person in particular for steadfastly ignoring this fact.

Thanks for putting your point across so honestly.

"Twisting the knife" is a bit strong. The way I see it is that it's a bit like buying/selling a used car - there's naturally a bit of posturing involved as a bargaining ploy. If I'm selling I might emphasise (and maybe exaggerate) the level of interest in order to get a better offer, and if I'm buying I'll point out all the scratches and make it look like I'm about to walk away, even if I've actually made up my mind that I want to buy. I wouldn't take it personally, people on here are sceptical as to whether Alan Hardy is really going to walk away too.

You've also got to bear in mind that we've been through the whole billionaires thing already and it nearly ended in tears. So when I hear about unnamed foreign billionaires who want to buy the world's oldest professional club I get an uncomfortable feeling of deja vu, and really that can only be allayed if/when they are unveiled in public.

19 hours ago, erindoors said:

At last, someone ballsy enough to say what they really think with no innuendo. 

Yes, I can understand that after RT (years ago) said on MAD something was happening, then it didn't, it could make you wary. In his defence, that was quite Years ago and at the last minute, deals can get scuppered (and sometimes his idea of a striker from the champ or prem is different from others i.e.. a youth)Sometimes,  he jumped the gun. Unwise but not deliberate.

RT hasn't been approached about takeovers on here, or more wider media and knows business well enough not to openly blab about something so important. In this case, it was me who confirmed something on here (not with Any detail, of course.)  I'm not known for lying or jumping the gun, in fact, I've taken loads of flack (usually for other people) because I've felt discretion was better. Hence my frustration at one person in particular for steadfastly ignoring this fact.

Thanks for putting your point across so honestly.

As I mentioned to you on Facebook Aileen - there are many fans who do offer constructive viewpoints both on here and on NCM. You just have to weed out the garbage. 

I look forward to hearing the developments of the said takeovers in the near future.

Takeovers take time especially when dealing with overseas consortia. It maybe the case financial bank guarantees have to be put up as well, to see any deal going through more quickly. Maybe within the confidential dealings, an olive branch can be offered an option to Alan Hardy to join the winning consortium, if all of the parties  think it can work?

On 22/03/2016 at 01:51, tarquinbeech said:

Why are people still trying to say that somehow and somewhere Mr and Mrs T are hiding something....or deliberately lying?

The problem is here that certain "keyboard warriors" (not on here I hasten to add)...... are determined to twist the knife, and actually it's pretty sad and pathetic.

Think you're wrong on this one. People aren't twisting the knife. You can clearly see that the relationship between the current owners and the fan-base has deteriorated for a number of reasons, but most recently the owner came out and said he would do one thing, only to do the complete opposite. This isn't the first time either. Naturally, people will start to mistrust you when you do this.

The club has next to no transparency, it's relationship with fans has been strained, and many people did not trust some of the people at the club. Additionally, all this talk of foreign billionaires may be exciting to some clubs, but when you had Munto in the not so distant past, Notts fans are more weary.  This is why people will speculate, rightly or wrongly, and has nothing to do with twisting the knife.

agreed, SDA. I think it's been a trying time for  all of us and I understand the wariness of supporters, absolutely. The media hasn't helped with its talk of billionaires either. 

but there is quite a bit of knife twisting going on.. believe you me!

Pleased to see supporters seem to be giving Coops their backing, even if it is more through a sense of relief. I think we are all weary and need the excitement and positivity back. COYP

16 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Takeovers take time especially when dealing with overseas consortia. It maybe the case financial bank guarantees have to be put up as well, to see any deal going through more quickly. Maybe within the confidential dealings, an olive branch can be offered an option to Alan Hardy to join the winning consortium, if all of the parties  think it can work?

Alan Hardy tweeted not too long ago that he isn't interested in joining a consortium as it isn't the way he operates.

@Fozzy I don't blame him, some people will not want to work alongside others and that's just natural. Consortium's can be an headache, the first placed I worked was taken over by an American consortium and they looked to bring in local investment to help with the restoration of a historic building but because nobody had a clear plan as to what they wanted - nor the capital required to actually carry out the required work.

It forced them to terminate staffs contracts and release people.

In my opinion, most consortium's known in football are ones who need the investment from the other parties and that can lead to splits.

@erindoors....Aileen, honestly I wouldn't worry about it.

You and Ray saved this club when most supporters were fearing the worst....history will remember that.

OK....you made a few dodgy managerial choices, but at the end of the day, we still exist and you and Ray might get some of your money back.

I think you did OK....and Notts did ok........leave the "keyboard warriors" to squabble amongst themselves.

Ignore them.

Supporter+

At least the appointment of MC has deflected some of the attention away from the takeover. I'd rather it be done in private with no comment personally. When it's done, it's done.

Archived