players fighting for first team chances

liampie

how does js get players ready to step into the first team when he does not even give many a chance? surely he needs everyone pulling together and fighting for a first team place, this is my only criticism of sheridan. hes like the biased coach who always picks his son and his friends, rather than actually testing the full depth of the squad available. i really do not see how he can expect players who dont feature enough to have the motivation either, people call burke but surely his morale is pretty low?

i think js should try to switch things up and give players like burke and snijders a chance.

Well it makes you wonder if we offloaded everyone who hasn't made more than 5 appearances, what would happen when John Sheridan brings in his signings? When we are doing well, people want us to stick with the squad as much as we can - naturally when its on the other foot people are calling for changes. For me, I would just like to see places who perform well as subs being given a chance over those they replace in games.

I'm amazed by how poor some players have been, yet never seem to be dropped - whereas a none John Sheridan signing is.

We just need that consistency but obvious JS is still learning about his team. I don't care who signed who, they are HIS signings and he should make the most of the squad available to him. I am sure he will.

It's time to dust off the old cliche: never change a winning team. And until Mansfield we were on a great run. The worst thing JS could have done was to change the team to accommodate players who hadn't earned their place. And let's remember that the non-Sheridan signings have had at least a year to prove themselves and have in most cases performed miserably. The onus is on them to prove they're worth a spot.

The exclusion of Snijders is curious mind. Multiple managers haven't given him a proper run in the team now.

You can't keep reserves match fit unless they are playing regular fixtures which they can't because we are no longer in the development league. It is always going to be the case that those in possession of the shirt are going to be very hard to shift, because there is no way to keep monitoring the progress of the sidelined players.

Sheridan is always going to favour his signings and you have to look and think who can do a better job that we currently have? Get rid of as many as possible that don't figure in the January window and bring in 2, or 3 quality replacements. We might then just sneak into the play offs.

He has to get Collins into the starting line up for Saturday to inject some pace and directness into this side, we are just way too pedestrian.

God knows what formation though as our midfield is so lightweight, maybe the Christmas tree with Stead up top with Colllins and Forte behind. Midfield 3 of Richards O'Connor and Milsom in it and please sack off Rodman as he doesn't do enough to warrant a place. 

Although people don't seem too keen on O'Connor, can anyone work out our record with him in the side compared to when he has been injured?

Sheridan keeps picking his own signings simply because they are better than anything else we currently have in the squad. I cant understand why people don't like Dickinson he's a good solid full back and for me Tootle has so far been one of our stand out players. The reality is we have a big squad but most of them aren't up to it as was proved last season. I'm not going to draw up a list but with the exception of the Sheridan signings,Stead, Richards and a couple of youngsters the rest can all be offloaded at the earliest opportunity to free up some space for more Sheridan signings. 

And don't get me started on Aborah, for a player with his skill and touch his contribution when he does play is always a massive let down. Possibly our best player last season but that says more about the rest than it does about Stanley.

Sheridan is one of the best managers in this division and we need to back him and his signings all the way. And come January hopefully the chairman will too.

Sorry Piethagoram but this is how I see it,

When Stanley doesn't play do we miss him...NO

If Stanley left for pastures new would we miss him...NO

Come January will League 2 clubs,or above, be forming an orderly queue for his services...NO

If he left would Notts be able to find a replacement of better quality from the hundreds of available players...YES

and its not just Stanley, the above can be applied to about ten of the current squad.

6 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Oh no, another with @Elite_pie... a queue outside Specsavers developing quite soon :D 

Rewind a year and Stanley was being described as "the best midfielder outside the Championship", and "a player we should build the team around".  Since Moniz was prematurely sacked his once large fan club is rapidly dwindling.  Sorry Piethgoram, but I think you'll struggle to shift that batch of 'Sir Stanley - the Lower League Messi' t-shirts!

9 hours ago, RowZ_Greg said:

Sorry Piethagoram but this is how I see it,

When Stanley doesn't play do we miss him...NO

If Stanley left for pastures new would we miss him...NO

Come January will League 2 clubs,or above, be forming an orderly queue for his services...NO

If he left would Notts be able to find a replacement of better quality from the hundreds of available players...YES

and its not just Stanley, the above can be applied to about ten of the current squad.

Err...If there is better quality available that Notts could somehow get how come we have ended up with ten players to be got rid off and not the better quality ones?

Or did you mean 10 non-JS players?

I am not sure that all the JS signings have been successes, did Tootle Dickinson and Rodman inspire you last night to go and watch the Crewe game?

I think JS has limited tools to work with personally, we have a legacy from last season and will almost certainly take until the summer to sort it fully , then the next season we should see much improvement I'm sure, this season who knows , if we can halt the slide in form and results quickly , confidence could grow both on and off the pitch , COYP

I cant understand why people don't like Dickinson he's a good solid full back

I have never seen Dicko have a good game in a notts shirt, he gets torn apart by every winger that comes near him and he just lets them last, at least audel puts in a tackle, i can barely remember Dicko making a tackle

I think JS has limited tools to work with personally, we have a legacy from last season and will almost certainly take until the summer to sort it fully , then the next season we should see much improvement I'm sure, this season who knows , if we can halt the slide in form and results quickly , confidence could grow both on and off the pitch , COYP

The problem is we haven't had a manager since Ricardo that has had us dominate games, i haven't seen us go and attack a team and pin them back since he left, we lost 2 or 3 games at home under Ricardo and even in those games we weren't always out played, Sheridan talks about attacking football but we always seem to be playing away rather than dominating games

Archived