Your biggest fear about Notts County's turmoil

Joe Jones

I know it probably seems like a dumb, "stating the obvious" kind question but it's worth asking just to gauge fans' opinions.

With Notts County doing as poorly as they are, what are your main anxieties about where Notts could end up?

Would losing the "World's Oldest Football League Club" be a critical blow for the club? Would we lose Meadow Lane? Would we go into liquidation and see the end of Notts as we know it?

Let's hear what you reckon - let's treat it as therapy (goodness knows we need it at this time!)

I worry that our fan base will take a massive blow, fans had became disengaged prior to the Munto takeover.

Yet gates was steady, we knew what to expect even without the money and majority of fans didn't mind if we struggled because we knew the expectations was realistic. Everyone knows the limitations, but year after year, season after season of bigging expectations up and all these five year plans which really was no more than 31 days (if that) has just lead to the poor form and utterly depressing decisions made. It's hard to re-engage after that, and Munto did well to re-catch our imaginations (without the money).

Why would they instantly come back? It will be years of rebuilding on the pitch and even longer to repair the damage of the past few decades in terms of the stands.

I feared unto Munto Notts would lose it's identify and 'family feel'. Perhaps a mistake in hindsight that.

Yet I worry about who will takeover, if anyone even does - the motives are more in favour of people who want to quick fix issues and we have seen too much of this already.

Supporter+

I fear this is the season we finally lose our league status. A club in turmoil. Falling attendances. An owner who wants out. Supporting Notts is no fun anymore.

My main worry would be relegation -  losing the "World's Oldest Football League Club" tag would be very hard to take after all these years.  Whether it would be a critical blow is hard to judge, if we had a season near the top of the Conference I think crowds would increase, but the longer we stayed outside the Football League there the more critical the situation would become.  I'm a stubborn old bugger, even if we end up as AFC Notts County I'll still be there.

The deafening silence from the club , the lack of real top level leadership from the club , not knowing what is going on behind the scenes with regard to debt's and who to , is a massive worry , rumours about such matters compound that significantly.

Then on the football front , Where do you begin , that's a massive worry to our very league status , the above uncertainty must be having a level of destabilising on the field and on the fan base .

1 hour ago, Dripsey3 said:

I fear this is the season we finally lose our league status. A club in turmoil. Falling attendances. An owner who wants out. Supporting Notts is no fun anymore.

It hasn't been fun for years, it's just not the same around the club.

49 minutes ago, Elite_pie said:

My main worry would be relegation -  losing the "World's Oldest Football League Club" tag would be very hard to take after all these years.  Whether it would be a critical blow is hard to judge, if we had a season near the top of the Conference I think crowds would increase, but the longer we stayed outside the Football League there the more critical the situation would become.  I'm a stubborn old bugger, even if we end up as AFC Notts County I'll still be there.

I'm not as worried about that if I tell the truth, would rather retain our league status and professional (although right now Basford United appear more like a Premier League outfit).

Keep the faith Elite, don't let anything get at your passion (or stubbornness if you prefer).

32 minutes ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

The deafening silence from the club , the lack of real top level leadership from the club , not knowing what is going on behind the scenes with regard to debt's and who to , is a massive worry , rumours about such matters compound that significantly.

Then on the football front , Where do you begin , that's a massive worry to our very league status , the above uncertainty must be having a level of destabilising on the field and on the fan base .

Well said bud, top response.

My opinion is that the club is effectively on life support at the minute and in a coma because of a slow-acting poison running within it. Either remove the poison and bring the club back to life or just pull the damn plug and let somebody with close connections to the club - Alan Hardy perhaps - set up a phoenix club in the 10th division. I would rather support a "FC County Of Notts" playing with passion and purpose on some Hackney Marsh style place with railings around the pitch against Mad Dave and his Skegby FC misfits in the 10th tier than the current toxic arrangement we're seeing.

We cannot carry on like this. The last three years at Notts have been hell. Funnily enough this has coincided with three years of hell in my personal life which doesn't help. But supporting this club is no longer fun, it's not even a chore - it's torture.

My biggest fear is that I will give up supporting them as it is a real chore at the moment and I've already given up looking at the table as I really don't want to know where we are!

We're in a desperate state and there is currently no way out of it until we gain some enthusiasm at board level. I actually think I am at my lowest ebb with Notts, I feel more depressed about them now than I did during the Trust years and I'm now purposefully staying away from Forums and Twitter on a Saturday evening, otherwise it will make me even worse.

Don't Fret lads and Ladies; 

After Christmas We'll ship out the Real' Deadwood from the Team and bring in maybe 1 or 2 Defenders to bring a Spark. We'll spring up the Table and be in a Playoff spot Come May. I'm being realistic in this prediction. JS seems very Stubborn in regards to the defensive pairings this season, but is this because he really has no other option? I'm not going to mention any names but, i dread Saturday Mornings when i see certain players on the Team sheet. 

As for the Board members, They'll finally come to the Conclusion that they have to sell up, so Alan hardy perhaps? I can't see the Trews being here come the End of the Season, that's for sure. 

I gotta, keep some kind of Positive perspective. Or all else is lost. Also i feel the Exact same way people are feeling. Every Saturday morning Since John Stead got injured in October it's been Painful Listening to Notts. Will Curtis Thompson provided something when he Does finally get back into contention? 

My biggest fear? Slipping out of the League and never returning again. Playing Conference North football in an almost-empty 20,000-capacity stadium that symbolises the ambitions we once had but never fulfilled.

If we do go down our decline will accelerate. Luton and Grimsby bounced back as they were the only club in their respective towns, we don't have that privilege. If we don't bounce back straight away, we'll never come back and will end up as another Bradford Park Avenue, another curious old name for the history books.

It's not yet too late, but our club desperately needs a custodian that cares about it.

This forum since I've joined  back in march , I've found has been in my opinion a well balanced , polite , none extreme in view , genuine forum , I feel for the most part comments well founded . 

All the comments I read above show a fear for our future for me so many can't have it all wrong , my my these are really dark days for NCFC . 

This forum since I've joined  back in march , I've found has been in my opinion a well balanced , polite , none extreme in view , genuine forum , I feel for the most part comments well founded . 
All the comments I read above show a fear for our future for me so many can't have it all wrong , my my these are really dark days for NCFC . 

How dare you call us well-balanced and polite you @£&")?x$%#*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relegation is my ultimate worry.

If you look at how quickly we have sunk to the bottom half, you will see that it is almost identical to the season we lost our League 1 status. If you pictured a more brighter scene around meadow lane, took away all the turmoil, you would not be as worried because we have been there many times before. Yet none of that appears to be disappearing anytime soon and I worry this year may the one which will see Notts lose its league status.

I have no faith in the current ownership that they process any ability to turn this around.

Archived