Should We Be Worried

4everapie

2 minutes ago, 4everapie said:

Although A.H has said the sale would still go through, probably by the weekend, I won't rest until its signed sealed and delivered, what else can hold it up.

This is Notts County, so there are probably a dozen other things that could hold it up.

If it all went smoothly, it just wouldn't be us!

I can't say I'm sweating over the takeover, I believe it will happen (it's not like the hold up can cancel). Its now a matter of when not if, we do need it to happen as quickly as possible but hopefully things are progressing regardless.

No doubt we all will feel better once it does happen.

When you take over a football club, you take over the assets and liabilities. Whatever we think of Ray Trew's stewardship of the club, if that loan was taken out by Notts County FC it should be paid back by Notts County FC whoever the owner is, unless another arrangement has been made. Maybe RT has deliberately held it back until the last minute so that AH has no choice but to pay for the deal to go through. But it's also possible that the loan was to be paid in the future or in instalments, but has a clause stating that a takeover would trigger its immediate payment, hence the last-minute panic. It's all speculation. But by now surely it's in everyone's interests for the sale to go through.

I'm not a businessman, but all loan deals can surely be renegotiated? I'm sure if the Trust see the prospect of only getting 10p in the £ back from Administration, then they would happily negotiate how it is repaid?

Supporter+

Well the amount has gone up to 1.5 million. No wonder AH is wary. What other undisclosed liabilities are lurking in the dark corners of Meadow Lane. I wouldn't blame him for walking away at this point. 

http://www.nottinghampost.com/alan-hardy-prepared-to-walk-away-from-notts-county-takeover-deal-over-1-5m-loan-dispute/story-30047880-detail/story.html#j1rj2zdSu6Ow1i3i.01

On 10/01/2017 at 20:08, 4everapie said:

Although A.H has said the sale would still go through, probably by the weekend, I won't rest until its signed sealed and delivered, what else can hold it up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You can rest now 4everapie.

Glad to see its done and dusted, there was only some concern at my end though. More worried about relegation!

Archived