Does our embargo affect loans?

Chris

I'm currently trying to search for information based on the restriction we are under due to the embargo, it's obvious that we would be able to bring them in - however are we also unable to extend loan deals beyond the original period due to this?

I would have kept Collins and Laing personally.

Yet we have seen Oliver also depart (someone whom I'm not that bothered about). It makes me curious, as I would have felt we would extend at least Collins because of the limitations from the embargo. If we can't extend loans, I really wonder how we can move forward in terms of getting the quality in to make a huge difference. Otherwise it may be a battle to survive.

Does anyone know? Thoughts?

Extending a loan would be seen as making a signing and as we are under the embargo we are we'd have to ask for special disspensation to sign anyone, this would only be granted in extreme cases, the perfect example being both Scott Loach & Adam Collin being injured ( in some cases the youth team keeper also ) therefore no-one available to play in that position. 

What make our embargo worse is the non-payment of football debts by the Trews, this is always seen as being worse than owing the tax man

That's my belief also @Northants Pie, a loan extension will be seen as a new signing. Of the three, I only think Collins would have been worthy of an extension anyway. Laing and Oliver have both been very disappointing, although Laing was inexplicably played out of position at right back towards the end.

The Embargo has to be lifted before the transfer window is closed, otherwise we are toast basically.  

Oh well, I assumed this was the case but couldn't find clarity online.

Thanks guys!

PS. Unless the embargo is lifted, we may struggle to get goals and find the stability at the back. Really hoping Alan/Notts has some news regarding this soon.

This transfer window business confuses me. Isn't there a separate window for loans, which closes later? And I think it's possible to sign free agents even after the window has closed. So player A terminates his contract with club B and joins us a day later. That might be a possible way around it if we don't get the embargo lifted on time.

But the debts to other football clubs MUST be paid regardless of the transfer window. Leaving other clubs out of pocket in that way is outrageous, morally reprehensible and sours relations with other clubs.

28 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

This transfer window business confuses me. Isn't there a separate window for loans, which closes later? And I think it's possible to sign free agents even after the window has closed. So player A terminates his contract with club B and joins us a day later. That might be a possible way around it if we don't get the embargo lifted on time.

But the debts to other football clubs MUST be paid regardless of the transfer window. Leaving other clubs out of pocket in that way is outrageous, morally reprehensible and sours relations with other clubs.

To my knowledge the loan window remains open slightly longer than the transfer period, whilst free agents have much more time to find a club - there is a point whereby you can't sign any remaining free agents.

The actual embargo is confusing, is solely down to the unpaid fee's to opposition clubs or does the fact we owe HG estate come into play also?

Hopefully the nonsense can be sorted.

I would rather see Notts avoid the loan market but I don't see the embargo being lifted in time.

There needs to be some clarification on the subject, the current media team still seem to have their heads in the clouds with regards to being prompt with the latest news.

1 hour ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

I thought the loan window had been abolished, starting this year?

why would it be abolished i dont get why the fl would do this.

plus i think clubs are still signing players on loan, mansfield have right? who knows. confused :P

8 minutes ago, liampie said:

why would it be abolished i dont get why the fl would do this.

plus i think clubs are still signing players on loan, mansfield have right? who knows. confused :P

It's not the Football League, it is FIFA that has removed the emergency loan window. From my understanding the transfer window closes on February 1st and that includes loans. The only incomings after that will be free agents, or having special dispensation.

3 hours ago, Fozzy said:
It's not the Football League, it is FIFA that has removed the emergency loan window. From my understanding the transfer window closes on February 1st and that includes loans. The only incomings after that will be free agents, or having special dispensation.

Correct, they planned on removing it a few years ago but they extended it to make last season the final season with emergency loans, so no more loans between august and January, and likewise i believe the second loan window was February to march but Im not 100%

And I never knew there was a deadline for free agents @notts-joe ? I just assumed as long as their contract with the previous club before or during the transfer window it was alright to sign them after

4 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

And I never knew there was a deadline for free agents @notts-joe ? I just assumed as long as their contract with the previous club before or during the transfer window it was alright to sign them after

Only if the player had been released by their previous club during the transfer window, otherwise they have to sit it out.

I believe a few seasons back this actually happened to a Notts player, however I forget who it was - but I seem to recall them moaning on Twitter about having to go on a lengthy vacation. It may have been Tom Williams because I now recall a hell storm coming on him because he posted pictures whilst on holiday during the season.

However don't be surprised if I have merged the wrong player as it does escape me, yet whilst writing I do seem to recall this happening.

34 minutes ago, magpiejue said:

England invented the beautiful game why again, should we be ruled by bloody Fifa crooks.

"Language,Timothy ! ":rollonfloorlaughing:

Nowhere near as bad as your ex manager and I agree with your sentiments  @magpiejue

(Younger members will wonder who Timothy was )

It has to be FIFA really because of international transfers so that its the same for all countries who play a September to April season roughly. It's much more of a problem for countries who play over our summer, so we're not too badly off actually in the UK. FIFA are crooks but in this case it's irrelevant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

Anyone know the latest on this?

Going by his twitter feed he appears to be finally making some progress and seems positive that it will be lifted in time.

All I can say is that it had better be and preferably before the weekend! We are now in a run of 6 winnable games, we have to win 3 of them!

I will be glad when more news comes out about the Embargo, yet I'm thinking that we won't sign any players - perhaps just loans (as I have said before). With it being the 25th, I just see it being stuck in limbo.

There's talk of the bank withholding money owed to the club also now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Archived