Match Discussion: Game 38 - The Bees (H)

PON_News

Game 38 - The Bees (H)

Team: Barnet

Date: 19/03/17

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

i think we should go for it on sunday, barnet dont worry me.

if we play right i could see us winning 3-1 but we need stead and two strikers, create the chances and the goals will come. so i hope we see a second half performance for 90 minutes v barnet and that we can replicate how we controlled hartlepool.

• Like 1

Barnet have draw 3 of their last 4 games 2-2.

I can see this being a draw myself, as neither team will want to lose or sit back and defend. Yet I do not think it will be very high scoring, 0-0 or 1-1. Knowing Notts they will invite Barnet to take the lead and remain the whole game being unlucky not to have won.

Stick with the same team that played Doncaster.

Focus on doing a good job at the back, we'll be okay.

We conceded two poor goals against Doncaster, whereby defensive decisions wasn't the best and although we can argue the match officials didn't help - having seen the highlight those two goals would have annoyed me because it was poor. Yes, the first may have a foul on us but you can't expect to win games defending like that. Barnet should be a little more easier to control, they have a few good players I'd welcome here (not many).

So for me the game will all be about creating chances and putting them a way.

I'd give Jorge Grant the role to unpick Barnet, allow him to drive us forward and boss the midfield play. I think in the future he will make an ideal captain, so I am hopeful we can keep him but I don't think we should be scared if we play well.

2-0 Notts.

• Like 1

Barnet at home with our current form should hold no fears , but respect them they do create chances and are more than capable of taking them , think myself we can beat them , Stead back in contention , another positive atmosphere at the Lane , and  with some results going our way in the Saturday games , 3 points would be brilliant , and a large step towards safety , COYP 2-1 to NOTTS 

Akinde is your main danger man, keep him quiet & you should get the points. It's my 55th birthday tomorrow (19th) so I demand nothing less than a home win. COYP!!

• Like 3

We're going to win this and take another step towards safety. If we keep picking up points at home the rest will fall into place. COYP

• Like 1

Halftime scores just what we need today in the main , let's hope they stay like that and that we take advantage and a big step to safety on Sunday . 

Notts win, if Audels back I can see a clean sheet if not I think we'll do it the hard way! Haha! 

• Like 1

Win this game and Notts are safe in reality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GET IN!!! Almost safe now....COYP!!!

• Like 1

Well done Notts and with 10 men for most of the match !

On 18/03/2017 at 09:17, BradtheMiller said:

Akinde is your main danger man, keep him quiet & you should get the points. It's my 55th birthday tomorrow (19th) so I demand nothing less than a home win. COYP!!

Hope you're having a good birthday Ian.Any chance all 3 of our teams are at the right end of our respective leagues next season ?

Edited by super_ram

I was pleased to see we had won.

Some will know it was my eldest daughters birthday, so I spent the day with my family and after going ice skating I noticed several happy Notts fans. This prompted me to check the score, however I instantly knew we had won because it's not every day you see so many smiling after a game at Meadow Lane. :lol:

We must be okay now, surely?

• Like 1

Winning with 10 men for nearly the whole match is fantastic! After the red card I revised my expectations down to be honest - to get anything at all out of that would have been a bonus. Overcoming the odds to win shows we're made of sterner stuff now.

No way are Orient or Newport going to make up an 11-point gap in the last 8 games. They need to win half their remaining games just to catch up with us. Also nice that we've established a cushion over Cheltenham.

1 minute ago, DangerousSausage said:

Winning with 10 men for nearly the whole match is fantastic! After the red card I revised my expectations down to be honest - to get anything at all out of that would have been a bonus. Overcoming the odds to win shows we're made of sterner stuff now.

That's a game we would have comfortably lost in the first half of the season.  It was a brilliant game to watch, not in the sense of free flowing football because there wasn't a lot of that, but it was riveting stuff and the crowd really got behind the 10 men, every tackle, challenge and block was enthusiastically applauded, even more so as the clock ticked down.  Every player gave every last ounce of effort.  I thought Nolan got the tactics spot on after the red card, dropping Ameobi to left midfield to replace Yeates seemed odd at the time, but we protected the defence well and still offered more attacking threat than they did.  

Great to see so many staying after the final whistle in all 3 stands to give the players the ovation they deserved - here it is for those who weren't there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZuLGLJ-SHA

• Like 3

Amazing win and you cannot fault any of the side yesterday to get a result after the sending off, especially so early in the game. Initially I thought the ref had got it completely wrong and so did social media, but after seeing a still shot of the incident there is no question that Yeates's studs were showing and he caught him around the knee.

9 hours ago, notts-joe said:

We must be okay now, surely?

We may be, but I reckon one more win will definitely see us safe. I can't see Newport winning 5 of their last nine games, or even four wins and two draws if we only get another 3 points. Hopefully Luton and Portsmouth will beat them in the next two and Orient unfortunately are just a mess, they won't get to 40 points.

• Like 1

It feels like we are a different club, not just from the board but to how we all approach games. I am hopeful that we can get a few more wins, just to push us up the table a bit but I firmly believe Kevin Nolan will be able to attract the right players we need for next season.

Let's just hope the wheelbarrow doesn't break in the meantime because this is great to see.

The comments post match tell me much more.

• Like 1

I love Kevin Nolan, knew he'd be a good fit for us, has abit more hunger and fight about him than Fullarton/Cooper/Sheridan, excellent man manager as well..