Notts County Vs Rayo Vallecano

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

So any hopes of making it out of the Europa League stage has now been dashed, although an impressive performance by the lads against Galatasaray means we have a share of optimism ahead for the new season. I hope to see scenes like against them, fans cheering and singing the lads on and of course the clapping. Very encouraging!

Rayo aren't a side to be dismissed easily, although some might not be fimilar with some of their squad players. They do have a couple of power-houses who can punish us from long range or close.

Not really bothered about the outcome, not for this one. I hope they have some traveling fans tho!

Think we can win, though a good performance would be the icing on the cake.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I'm looking forward to this match.Whichever Notts team turns up ,I promise I will give my honest opinion.No  Bulls**t. I 'll need help from Joe Identifying some players.I will also take into account that this is still, in effect, only a practice match.

I only saw one Notts match last season, v Bury.It was freezing cold(really freezing) and Joe had not long damaged his knee(understandably tetchy)I'm hoping to witness a performance like the 2nd half v Bury and hope that I will be able to give all you genuine optimism for the upcoming season'

It would be really fantastic to come on this site on a Saturday night  or midweek and be discussing wins for both our sides(and see a certain team not a million miles away struggling)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,951
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

If anyone is going to the game tonight and normally drives and parks, bear in mind that Notts CC are playing Derbys in a 20-20 match so the Trent Embankment will probably be full of cricket fans before you get there, you might want to find an alternative parking place.

I don't drive and thankfully!! DEAR GOD!! Neither does @super_ram.

I'm looking forward to it still, the suns coming out now and hopefully it will be the same in the Meadow Lane area. I went to get our home shirts @super_pie and had a photo taken with Danny Haynes and Young Fabian. I also spoke with Chris and Mick, both very warm and friendly. Mick told me not to be so nervous! LOL

Think it's more because I feel unwell.

@tonyhateley hope your ok with this, are you? I have the "Derby" fan with me tonight.

@MuddyPatchPie Let me down, we had an agreement that she would tweet a goodluck message and she forgot to do it when we played Galatasaray!! Oh well ;)

Supporter+

I don't drive and thankfully!! DEAR GOD!! Neither does @super_ram.

I'm looking forward to it still, the suns coming out now and hopefully it will be the same in the Meadow Lane area. I went to get our home shirts @super_pie and had a photo taken with Danny Haynes and Young Fabian. I also spoke with Chris and Mick, both very warm and friendly. Mick told me not to be so nervous! LOL

Think it's more because I feel unwell.

@tonyhateley hope your ok with this, are you? I have the "Derby" fan with me tonight.

@MuddyPatchPie Let me down, we had an agreement that she would tweet a goodluck message and she forgot to do it when we played Galatasaray!! Oh well ;)

I'm sure @super_ram will enjoy the game and won't cause any trouble. :wink:

@MuddyPatchPie is a she!!!??? I had a picture in my mind of a 40 ish bloke with a pot belly and a beard. I don't know why. :biggrin:

I'm sure @super_ram will enjoy the game and won't cause any trouble. :wink:

@MuddyPatchPie is a she!!!??? I had a picture in my mind of a 40 ish bloke with a pot belly and a beard. I don't know why. :biggrin:

Muddy has full permission to hit you with a broom like nora batty would have (god rest her soul).

You get him Caroline, how could he say such a thing..

Supporter+

Sorry Caroline, it was your username gave me the mental picture, please don't hit me I've got a bad back. :biggrin:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Sorry Caroline, it was your username gave me the mental picture, please don't hit me I've got a bad back. :biggrin:

Luckily I have a sense of humour! ;) I've never really thought about how usernames can conjure up strange images haha! I don't even look like Nora Batty! Very amused by it all and I'm laughing too much to hit you with a broom :D

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Notts 1-0 up at half time, Danny Hanyes credited with the goal on his debut from an Alan Sheehan free-kick. Sounds like we've played quite well thus far - calm at the back and sound pretty dangerous going forwards

Full Time: Notts County 2-2 Rayo Vallacano.

Two goals from the same player a minute either side of the hour mark put the visitors in front but Yoann Arquin secured a draw with a goal 10 minutes from time. He clearly has a natural talent, its just a case of getting it out of him regularly.

I didnt listen to the second half, I watched Nottinghamshire Cricket Team get absolutely humiliated on their own ground by Derbyshire instead :'( but by all accounts we looked pretty good and its another encouraging performance. I look forward to reading the accounts of those of you who attended :)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

I went to the game tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed it, even better than last week. I had a friends young son with me who attended both the galatasaray and tonights game. He is a new Notts fan, and has really enjoyed his first taste of watching professional football. I think that most of the new signings will bring dividends to this club, come the new season. COME ON YOU PIES !!

@MuddyPatchPie - Nora was a lovely lady, I wasn't trying to suggest you look or act like her ;) I just wanted to add something fun and encourage you to get even with the naughty Tony.

@nottsfan2013 - I never thought I would bump into people from off here (however draft this sounds) or at least not this quickly. I also never thought that I would make friends of the nature in which I have. I'm delighted to see that you've taken the plunge and it was very nice to meet you! I'm quite shy in person but I don't think I was too bad tonight. Thanks for adding your thoughts :)

-----------------------------------------

The game was very lively in the second half, which we was easily the better team. We controlled the game well and if we took a couple of chances, we might have cruised the second half but this is not a negative (as you can't score them all). The goal, I could see coming and I took to taking a picture hoping I could be fast enough to capture it. I only managed to snap Sheehan watching over the ball!

Second half it was totally different, we seemed to let the changes effect us but we have to see who can be useful and deserving to be in the starting lineup.

We took control back and Arquin's goal was good.

Fantastic night and delighted by it. Refreshing to see the fans and the club together! I hope the genuine, passionate fans can help to keep this and make Notts the place it used to be.

I personally couldn't get bored of nights like tonight if so!

Supporter+

Sounds like a great game typical I missed it.

@nottsfan2013 it's great that your are introducing new young Notts fans, I'm hoping to bring my grandson to a match this season. I just hope he'll like it, his boredom threshold is very low and he's only 4.

@tonyhateley Surprise him with a signed shirt maybe? I'm quite good at obtaining signatures. ;)

1005186_10201860245970730_742460363_n.jp

I got this signed for a friends cousin, he will be attending the Fleetwood game and this will be given to him. I love helping younger fans, when I was little I wouldn't shout players across and kind people always helped me.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

the more younger fans who are introduced to a team like ours, the more fans we will hopefully in future years. i think its great that fans are helping out taking and doing things such as @notts-joe also.

brilliant game, very impressed. the official site called them a passing side and i do not agree with that. i thought their passing was poor considering, they might have been more patient than us at times but we looked very good. i would say far better than them! the goals all was good, arquin took his very calmly and chris thinks we can get more if we turn defenders!

Supporter+

I'd be interested to hear your honest assessment @super_ram the rest of us are a bit biased.

How did we play, who stood out for you?

OK,Tony,here it is.

Rayo Vallecano passed the ball around very quickly and accurately but tended to over-elaborate.They were content to play the ball around and try for an opening. Notts players stuck to their task and seemed to me to be coping quite comfortably and played some nice football themselves..I mentioned to Joe that I thought Notts looked the more likely to score but I was a bit worried at the same time that Rayo would suddenly 'click' The first time I glanced at the scoreboard clock I was amazed to see that 30 minutes had already passed. I nudged Joe just  before Notts  scored and he tried to get a picture.A very entertaining first half.

We moved seats at half time to just left of the Notts technical area because Joe was trying to get a shirt autographed.There were various substitutions as  CK tried different players and Rayo  began to dominate,though Notts were by no means making life easy for the visitors.I suppose Rayo had to get a goal sooner or later and even though they went in front I always felt that Notts could come back They did in spectacular fashion thanks to Arquin

A draw was about the right result. Bart looked safe .I liked the look of Dumbuya and Fotheringham.The whole squad looked up for the challenge. If you consider that Rayo are probably on a level with a lower Prem side then the future looks bright for Notts.I thoroughly enjoyed the match in spite of getting soaked before.

We also chatted with Notts fans that Joe knows.Very nice folks and all positive before and after the match.A few really enjoyable pints with a very enjoyable match between.Marvelous.

Notts wont be playing many sides that play Rayo's style but I truly believe that you Notts fans are in for a great season.I really do hope so.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Another good result.Glad everyone enjoyed it.Super and Joe certainly did. :thumbsup:

Supporter+

Thanks @super_ram lets hope they take the pre season form into the season proper, I'm really starting to get excited now, can't wait to get cracking.

Good to read a neutrals take on our pre-season preperations. Fills me with more confidence when someone who isn't of a Notts persuasion thinks we're in for a good season! Glad you had a nice evening @super_ram :) Bet you wouldnt have said that if you went to the dark side of the Trent lol

I'm getting excited too,for BOTH my teams I don't want to get too carried away though,competative matches are a bit different to practice matches ,with all the substitutions,etc.,

One criticism I have from last night-I would like to see Notts forwards  get their head on more of the punts upfield from Bart.,not an opposition defender.Easier said than done!

One thing that stood out-there seems to be a real team spirit amongst the players and they seem a really nice bunch of lads :thumbsup:

Cheers,James.Yes a really nice evening after the thunder storm.Met some lovely Notts fans.Saw some great football.I think most Notts fans left the game with 'a glow inside'There was a definite buzz about .Almost enjoyed it as much as watching The Rams-There that IS praise! :thumbsup:

I hated going to Hades.I did even when we won.Horrible place,Biased ,bigoted and boring.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

I didn't go but i heard it was a great match and much better play by notts than in the galatasaray game.

Its a good start, even though it wasn't a win. A draw is much better than a loss even though it was a friendly game.

Glad to see that everyone that went enjoyed it too.

@weymouthPIE   I didnt listen to the second half, I watched Nottinghamshire Cricket Team get absolutely humiliated on their own ground by Derbyshire.

We've not done much else this season, James.No wonder Will has been quiet.He likes to rub it in when Notts  beat us.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

why is @super_ram discussing cricket? isn't this a banable offense @notts-joe:unsure: 

rayo was not impressive passing wise, movement maybe but we took the ball away from them fairly easily.

Archived