Jump to content

Notts County 2017/18 shirt - sponsor or no sponsor?

Joe Jones

Recommended Posts

So next season us Notts County fans have the option of choosing one of several sponsors on the front of the new Puma shirt, and there is also the option to get one without a sponsor.

I have to say, I was skeptical with how it would work, but the club has pulled off a masterstroke - and it seems so easy and logical.

Personally, I will opt for the Notts shirt with Jake Bugg's name on it - I can see it becoming a bit of a cult fashion item in the years to come.

But many purists will love the idea of a shirt without sponsor, and in all fairness I would have opted for that were it not for the Bugg sponsor.

So what are you opting for? Sponsor or sponsor-free? And if it's the former, which one are you going for?

Let PON know!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've alwsys said they should have shirts without a sponsor available. After all it's the fans that walk about adertising the logo and don't get any money for doing so.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apart from the 150th issue I don't usually buy the shirt when it first comes out, I'm a bit of a tight@rse so if I like it I wait for one on ebay for a tenner rather than £40.  I must admit the that the option of no sponsor makes a bit more appeal and it's one I would go for 99% of the time.  However, the chance of having 'Jake Bugg' on the shirt would qualify for the 1% option.   I'm a bit past the "cult fashion item" stage mentioned above, but I am a JB fan so I may well purchase the new shirt if the design is acceptable.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having fans walking around town with your logo on their shirts is part of the package of being a sponsor, that's why I had my doubts that the club would go through with this. I thought one sponsor would appear on all replica shirts, probably Paragon. What Notts are doing is certainly innovative.

I quite like listening to Jake Bugg at work but I'm not really enough of a fan to go walking around with his name on my shirt. Then again, I wasn't a fan of Forward Pest Control either but that didn't stop me ;)

If the shirts look good (and I have high expectations) then I'll get one without a sponsor. When is the great unveiling? Surely it shouldn't be long now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About PON

Pride of Nottingham

Pride of Nottingham is an independent fansite devoted to Notts County, the world’s oldest professional football club. Created in 2013, it has served as a source of Magpie news, features, match previews, reports, analysis and interviews for more than three years.

Support PON

Enjoy our content? Want to help us grow? Your donation will go a long way towards improving the site!


Meet the Team

Chris Chris Administrators
super_ram super_ram Global Moderators
DangerousSausage DangerousSausage Global Moderators
CliftonMagpie CliftonMagpie Global Moderators

Social Media

    Search In
  • Create New...

Important Information

Pride of Nottingham uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. To approve, simply continue using the site or click 'I accept' Terms of Use.