Nice shirts, I particularly like the gold trim on the home shirt.  Get the Jake Bugg logo on the front and I might well be tempted.  The away shirt is a bit similar to a couple of recent ones, but at least it's not pink!

Thoughts:

I liked the video reveal, it's a really nice touch to involve a young fan. Kevin Nolan needs to put his seat belt on.

The home shirt looks nice and clean and I think I'll be getting one. I'm not a big fan of the faded stripes on the back and I'm not convinced it'll make the numbers easier to see from the stands, but it looks good with a number and is certainly better than a big black square.

I've never been keen on all the gold on the badge and shirts, it's not a traditional thing and can look like brown when the lighting isn't good. I'd prefer straight black and white, or even dark green as a foil to represent Nottinghamshire (which would also be unique). Our badge looks much better on white than black.

The away kit looked like a training top at first glance but it's grown on me and is a decent colour. Third kit is vile, which is the tradition with these things.

The black goalie kit is quite smart but could be ruined by a sponsor.

I'm keen to know what the home shirt looks like with the sponsors on. I'd expect them to be printed on a white block that would extend halfway across the two black stripes. I don't think that would do the shirt any favours. I was thinking about getting the Jake Bugg logo simply because of the cult factor of having a pop star on the shirt, but I'm leaning towards the sponsorless look now.

It's confirmed to me that Mace Sport is the sponsor I want and I feel it helps with the plain look.

Don't get me wrong, I like both the home and away shirts and felt it would be 'sponsorless' but it looks nicer with one for me. I also strongly feel that the investment made by Paul Mace deserves support - as unlike Jake Bugg the decision has been made to 'support' us and not PR credit or anything like that.

Eh? Sponsoring the kit is for PR/advertising?

Of course, the point is Mr Bugger uses the club and I'm told he hasn't been quite the success in the states. Sponsoring us is hardly noble or anything like that but Jake's just attaching himself to the club.

That's a bit of a cynical view @Chris, everyone who sponsors the shirt does so for the exposure and Mr Mace is no different. I don't think Jake Bugg needs to use Notts for the publicity - it doesn't do the club any harm to have a celebrity fan, especially one who nails his colours to the mast.

At the end of the day both understandably want to raise their profile, they're both supporting the club and should both be applauded for that.

I take it you're not Jake's biggest fan? I don't know him or listen to his tunes, so don't have an opinion on him personally. 

As for the shirts, I'm not sure on the faded stripes part of the home shirt, but the front is OK. I do like the away shirt, but would like it more if it had a collar and I:o hope that top button can be undone as I always associate people that wear a shirt with the top button done up and no tie as a bit of a square! 

I take it you're not Jake's biggest fan? I don't know him or listen to his tunes, so don't have an opinion on him personally. 

As for the shirts, I'm not sure on the faded stripes part of the home shirt, but the front is OK. I do like the away shirt, but would like it more if it had a collar and I[emoji33] hope that top button can be undone as I always associate people that wear a shirt with the top button done up and no tie as a bit of a square! 

I don't like or dislike him, his music is very Bob Dylan and his lyrics are very questionable if you compare them with others but really I have no problem with him - I just think if he was a proper fan he wouldn't latch onto the club solely for PR boosts.

It's unfair to claim that Jake Bugg has "latched onto the club for a PR boost".  All the many media reports say he is a lifelong fan, and his sponsorship will generate far more publicity than the rest of them put together.  How many other sponsors will make The Sun?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/3816729/notts-county-announce-that-rockstar-jake-bugg-will-become-an-official-club-sponsor/

It's unfair to claim that Jake Bugg has "latched onto the club for a PR boost".  All the many media reports say he is a lifelong fan, and his sponsorship will generate far more publicity than the rest of them put together.  How many other sponsors will make The Sun?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/3816729/notts-county-announce-that-rockstar-jake-bugg-will-become-an-official-club-sponsor/

He's doing exactly what Carl Froch does with Forest. His grandfather is a fan, but there's interviews where Jake's admitted he's a casual supporter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2017 at 12:52, DangerousSausage said:

That's a bit of a cynical view @Chris, everyone who sponsors the shirt does so for the exposure and Mr Mace is no different. I don't think Jake Bugg needs to use Notts for the publicity - it doesn't do the club any harm to have a celebrity fan, especially one who nails his colours to the mast.

At the end of the day both understandably want to raise their profile, they're both supporting the club and should both be applauded for that.

OK.... it's the second post in a row, but I completely agree with @DangerousSausage again.

Am I a fan boy? 

Archived