Notts County and Forest Green Rovers spat over Liam Noble

Joe Jones

So what do you make of the whole situation between Notts County and Forest Green Rovers over the Liam Noble "transfer"?

Also worth having a look at these tweets, which denote similar demeanour by FGR over previous player on their books...

FGR s.jpg

I don't think we should be chasing him or held to ransom by FGR.

They don't need to sell him, he's a big part of their squad and has two years remaining. I can't help be feel Liam Noble is also at the root of this sega, as him and both clubs are just acting very silly over this whole deal. They rejected three bids? Maybe a fourth? Why is this still news? It's beyond me.

This is exactly why I became disillusioned the club.

Alan Hardy seems to be a smart businessman, so why is he fuelling this by continuing to see the club chase Liam Noble like the man is our only target. Kevin Nolan should know better, all his years in the business. If a club that doesn't need money rejects a bid it means something.

From the tweets / reports I've read, it's pretty embarrassing all round with both chairmen apparently calling each other liars.  Just sort these deals between yourselves, stay away from hints and false promises on social media, and only tell us supporters when a deal is done and dusted. 

I'm glad it's over, I've actually found the whole incident to be very annoying.

Here's what I believe happened...

*Liam Noble signs a deal with FGR after leaving Notts.
(Being told he wasn't wanted in the manner he was by Mark Cooper and the season he had, I wonder why he'd want to come back after enjoy a successful season with FGR)

*Liam helps FGR to promotion but is earning less than he desires or feels is fair.

*Notts express their interest

*FGR don't want to lose an important first team player, yet feel LN wants to make a move now he's back in the FL

*Liam Noble doesn't show his card, yet uses social media to play dumb

*FGR rejects the first offer, labelling its not good enough to discourage interest

*Notts put a second offer in but FGR say they want 100k in the hopes to discourage interest again

*Notts put in the 100k, FGR says they want it all upfront (again to discourage the interest)

*Notts puts in the 100k upfront and FGR start complaining

*Liam Noble extends his stay with FGR until 2020 and in the process gets a pay raise.

--

Alternatively, the 100k could be false and that we don't have the money suggested by fans on social media. I just feel Liam Noble is trying to act squeaky clean, and I believe he isn't remotely blame free in all off this. I think it's highly likely he did want better wages and told Notts he would be interested in agreeing terms based on this fact.

I'm just glad it's all over now, I rate him as a payer but 100k is insane for someone who only spent a season in the Non-League and might show his hot head again.

Archived