Match Discussion: Game 21 - The Hatters (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,287
  • Days Won:  80

Game 21 - The Hatters (A)

Team: Luton Town

Date: 09/12/17

Where: Kenilworth Road

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,447
  • Days Won:  287

Luton have handed out a few real spankings so I'm wary here. I'll go for a 2-2 draw and I'll be very happy with that.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Luton are my tip for L2 Champions. If Notts were to avoid defeat in this one it would be a very very good result.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

As above really , tough game , would be happy to remain on same points as Luton at full time would be a very good point , COYP

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We have to play them at their own game, offensively they're very dangerous but we must remove the middleman and limit their creativity.

I know other fans are expecting us to lose or fall to a heavy defeat, yet honestly I think we'll cancel each other out. We just need a stable performance - one that shows we do have the quality to match the big hitters in this league. At the same time, we need to avoid the Coventry City/Mansfield Town type of games. I think a draw is likely, can we win? Of course but we'll have to be spot on with how we proceed during the game.

A point would be good enough due to the difficulty Luton present.

1-1 I say, Grant to score?

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

All depends on which Luton turn up, will it be the one that spanked Stevenage, Cambridge and Yeovil? In which case it will be a long afternoon, or will it be the one beaten convincingly at home by Swindon and Coventry? Personally I think they are starting to gain some consistency and I just can't see us containing their front men, so it will go one of two ways: Score first and it might end up 1-1, but if they score first, be prepared for a long afternoon!

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,940
  • Days Won:  162

i dont know why people think they will thrash us because they have beaten other teams? it does not matter. they still have to play us and we are in a decent form ourselves. how they played against weaker opposition does not worry me.

we need to go wanting to get all the points but i would accept a draw.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,356
  • Days Won:  1

I would take a point here myself.

We need Yates, Grant and Hawkridge all on form and trying to drive play forward. Any news on Dan Jones yet? He would be a welcome addition to the back four and would give us some strengthening in that department.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Great point well deserved , maybe could argue could have won with chances first half , then the late save kept the point so , I'm happy it's a terrific point , any doubts about whether we are contenders need to be forgotten , we are for sure , COYP :frantics:

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

Difficult game but a solid point for Notts.

I felt impressed with how we approached the game and handled Luton, first half we could have been leading easily.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,940
  • Days Won:  162

it was a good draw but goes to show that we wont win every big game and we certainly wont just lose because the other club is firing in the goals.

i am pleased that it sounded like everyone played well, so its a good point and team performance.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I always felt the game would be one of those that both sides ended up cancelling each other out.

I'm not disappointed, I would have taken a draw and the performances sounded impressive. I think it goes along way to showing what we can achieve if we work hard, so just very happy with the point. It sounded like the squad played excellent, and I am pleased for players such as Dickinson who has received a lot of praise. It doesn't feel like a points dropped or anything like that and its just a very positive thing.

There was the concern that they might break the defence but credit to each player, even Duffy.

Only got the goalscorer wrong. :) 

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,468
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I listened to the game on the radio, Notts sounded like they put a very impressive performance on show and equally matched Luton Town. Things might not have gone in favour of them at Kenilworth Road but the result is one of the best this season.

Notts have an amazing togetherness, in both team spirit and effort and Kevin Nolan must be delighted with how things are.

I feel like I can start believing more that we are able to gain promotion, which we can sort the hoofing out once we are out of League Two. There's no negatives about drawing 1-1 to a side like Luton at all. We have nothing to fear against any side provided we respect the approaching opposition.

• Like 1