Will Notts sign another striker to push on with promotion?

Chris

Will Notts County sign another striker to push on?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think; will Notts sign a striker or will Saunders/Forte be used?

• Yes, we need a striker to continue pushing for promotion so Notts must sign one.
    • Saunders and Forte can do the job.
    • No, I don't think the club will sign a striker.

I speculated within the last PONcast that Kevin Nolan's use of Callum Saunders might have been an effort to see what he can do at this level, just in case the club can't or doesn't sign a striker.

With 2 signings made so far in January (3 if you count Liam Noble) - all these players are midfielders. Matty Virtue replaces Ryan Yates who failed to make Scunthorpe United's bench yesterday. Noor Husin sounds like a very decent signing as there's a lot of praise sorrounding how good he can be, however one area we as supporters have being cry for all season is a striker.

I'm siding more within the 'I don't expect a striker to join', however I hope we do.

Don't get me wrong, I think we could manage but if we desire to improve further and also rival Luton for the title. I think this is the area where the prime focus should have been.

What do you think? Cast your vote and comment below.

It depends, AH has mentioned speaking to players who play upfront but its a case of if we do.

I almost voted for no as I do think we might struggle despite our position in the table. I don't think a striker will be all that confident about starting regularly and the Forte thing is another part I think looks dubious to any new signings.

There is hope that we can and will, heaven knows we need a younger striker.

We do, especially as I fully expect Grant to be recalled and sold to add to funds Karanka needs across the river. Saunders is too lightweight and we all know that Nolan doesn't like Forte so we're very sparse up top, which makes it even odder that we are signing midfielders. Maybe we are going to switch to a 4-6-0 formation?

I would also add that we desperately need another centre half as well, because if either Duffy, or Brisley get injured, we're stuffed. Hewitt can fill in, but he isn't a natural CH and he is now too important to our midfield.

3 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Maybe we are going to switch to a 4-6-0 formation?

Perhaps Kevin has figured out that many of our better performances the midfield ran the show and as a result scored goals.

I don't know - I'm assuming that we are preparing to lose Grant myself. I can't understand why two midfielders would be the priority at this stage if it wasn't the case, I know some might say there's discussions and I heard this or, that rumour - I just feel like we need to be strengthening now because really we didn't require much at all.

Also I hate to say it, but failure to sign a striker could prove to be our undoing.

i voted no.

we always tend to miss out on a signing the player we most need, then excuses are made about how its the area in which we signed that are most needed at the club. there is a chance we might sign another player like callm saunders but i do not think we will sign a first team striker.

at least forte is not being pushed out. :lol:

The early part of the season saw goals from all departments which was great but now they have dried up somewhat. Stead does a great job but we need a poaching centre forward to get goals from knock downs and scrapps. If we don’t manage to get anyone in I feel we may drift off the promotion pace as clean sheets are getting scarcer.

The answer has to be YES.....we do need at least one more striker.  Apart from anything else, we are presumably building for League One next season, and neither Steady nor Shola will be around.  I think Forte will leave this summer, too.  So KN can either snap up a striker or two now, or else wait until the summer and scramble about for some signings along with many other clubs in the close season.

It's going to be an interesting week at Notts, I should start taking odds.

It's looking likely that we may make a swoop for a few players, if comparing our habits of loaning out fringe squad members is anything to go by.

Archived