What about Kevin Nolan's mistakes?

Chris

I get that he's annoyed, but this interview just shouts a manager who is having a meltdown at his own decisions. Why no motivation during games? It's okay to blame the players, yet his decisions and bizarre tactics have caused us issues. I really don't get why he always seems to portray that he's faultless and anyone seriously thinking of defending him - think about the recent downfall.

Notts are ruining their own chances, yet I expect better from a strong manager like KN.

I'm very disappointed with this interview, he's just saying what we as fans want to hear.

All started with that formation change against Exeter. Lost. Stook without it against Crawley. Lost again. Oh yeah then we play 4-4-2 against Swansea and we play well. What a surprise. Then we beat Crewe with 4-4-2 and it’s all looking good but no. A normal team bows out with pride like Newport did but no. Absolutely not. We get ripped apart against Swansea 8-1. It’s not acceptable to lose 8-1 at any level whether it’s Sunday League or Premier League. Another change of formation this time to 4-4-1-1 in which we gave a performance where we did not look bothered. Not one bit. On tv, against a Premier League side. How do you not get motivated for that? Then today. We used the right formation but by the sounds, we didn’t turn up yet again and we took the opposition lightly like we did against Oxford City and Crawley. We constantly hoof it when Nolan clearly knows we play better when we play it on the ground. Defenders constantly hoof it upfield and kick it out of play when they have so much time on the ball. Nolan also knew the risk of signing Bennett who had problems with injuries in the past. I said get Caolan Lavery but nope. And also, how does it take two weeks to sign a player. Is it really that difficult or were we in slow motion yet again? Grant hasn’t turned up last few games. Would definitely drop him for Tuesday. What happened to the fitness levels? Everyone seems to be ill or injured all the time. Collin couldn’t trap a bag of sand with his goalkeeping abilities. Put Fitzsimons in next game. A lot better keeper, even if he throws out Sweet Chin Music once in a while. And if there is fall out and back chat, drop the players who are doing it or rally the team together for a talk to try and gain some of the team spirit back that took us far earlier in the season. We haven’t fully bottled it yet but we are going that way if we don’t sort it out. There has to be a siege mentality now to bring us back up to where we were earlier in the season. 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I get that he's annoyed, but this interview just shouts a manager who is having a meltdown at his own decisions. Why no motivation during games? It's okay to blame the players, yet his decisions and bizarre tactics have caused us issues. I really don't get why he always seems to portray that he's faultless and anyone seriously thinking of defending him - think about the recent downfall.

Notts are ruining their own chances, yet I expect better from a strong manager like KN.

I'm very disappointed with this interview, he's just saying what we as fans want to hear.

Did you go today mate?

KN for me was bang on to tell it how he observed it , if they are letting him down by not following a game plan then he should say so , and for me he should face the press media as he did win lose or draw , if he hadn't he would be criticized for that so no win , there needs to be a strong manager who manages players need to know there place in the scheme of things , the big test now is will they respond positively or is KN in trouble , we are still 4th so come on show some humility players and get back at it .

4 hours ago, Northants Pie said:

Did you go today mate?

No bud, I heard enough to get an outline of what happened though.

He may be angry but a few weeks ago he was banging on about fans expressing their opinions, now he's done this and failed miserably to select the right team. There's blame on his and the players shoulders but his 'pals' can't do anything wrong.

Well what I consider to be the right team means very little, yet I don't see why you'd name players on the bench that aren't fit to start allegedly.

He's defend several players who don't always give 100%, yet he still doesn't choose to drop them? He freezes out players, juggles around the formation and changes what works. We lost 1-0 today, he's acting like it's Swansea all over again - after that game he said he was proud of them then? Suddenly he can't defend them, it's quite rich.

He's under pressure but he needs to accept his faults which KN clearly doesn't.

8 hours ago, Chris said:

Well what I consider to be the right team means very little, yet I don't see why you'd name players on the bench that aren't fit to start allegedly.

He's defend several players who don't always give 100%, yet he still doesn't choose to drop them? He freezes out players, juggles around the formation and changes what works. We lost 1-0 today, he's acting like it's Swansea all over again - after that game he said he was proud of them then? Suddenly he can't defend them, it's quite rich.

He's under pressure but he needs to accept his faults which KN clearly doesn't.

You needed to be at the game to understand it mate, players not chasing after balls they could have easily got to, no one making challenges, no one making any runs for players when they had the ball, absolutely shocking.

None of that yesterday was his fault, hopefully it will provide a springboard to play a more dynamic team come Tuesday night.

I can only remember one challenge all game from Milsom before Noble came on, he made more in 15 minutes than we'd managed in the previous 75.

Tbf to Dan Jones if it wasn't for his 65 yard cross field sprint from left wing to right back to nulify a Barnet attack we'd have conceded in the first half as everyone else has given up as soon as the ball went over Tootles head.

Jorge Grant kept trying and he looked better once Noble came on but it was all over attacking wise at that point.

As for their goal it opitmised our performance all game & personally I think Collin should have done better with it

kevin is not blameless.

i think he could have made his points better in his post match interview, i would agree hes show a lack of experience here because he could have said things a lot better. it looks like hes thrown his toys out of the pram. there is no accountability for him, he does not take his share of the blame. a manager good will know its a series of things that results in poor performances.

that said kn is still learning is he not? he needs to wake up tho.

Managers lose jobs because of players poor performances over a period of time so accountable they are , he was annoyed , if he was ignored he has every reason to say so , drop the lazy players if not showing effort , KN has stuck up for those players when being criticized before so does he need to do that regardless NO 

Its not unreasonable to say Kevin Nolan is making some foolish errors, but there are some fans who simply wont acknowledge this. No manager is bigger than the club and recent weeks if not longer, Nolan has been becoming bigger and bigger on the ego front.

What did Kevin say to Charlie Slater when he was quizzed about the squad selection? 

Archived