Can't do sport? Try gardening.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I was looking at my fitbit the other day and it said I had done 37 minutes of sport, burning 288 calories with an average heart beat of 111 per minute, I was racking my brains to remember what I had done that fitbit considered to be sport, it wasn't a run or a walk because fitbit knows when I'm walking and running so it must have been something else, then it dawned on me I had spent some time in the garden clearing out old plants and cutting back stuff.

So there you have it, if you can't do sport get out in the garden it's good for you. :joker:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Well done mate. That’s almost two packets of crisps! I’ll have ready salted please!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

1 hour ago, hissingdwarf said:

Well done mate. That’s almost two packets of crisps! I’ll have ready salted please!

Apologies for my sarcasm. I’ve been doing political flyers attacking the opposition all day!

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i dont mind gardening but i think i would rather make a fool of myself playing sports when the weather is warm. 😁

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  363
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, liampie said:

i dont mind gardening but i think i would rather make a fool of myself playing sports when the weather is warm. 😁

It can be relaxing Liam, wear a hat and keep in the shade but it feels rewarding to feel the nature.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  2

This could be a top tip for some of the England players like John Stones and Kyle Walker!!

Supporter+
4 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

Apologies for my sarcasm. I’ve been doing political flyers attacking the opposition all day!

No need to apologise it made me laugh.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Gardening? Only if it involves the water sprinkler or hose.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I sometimes help Kate, yet I have to admit I struggle due to the heat and fact I tire very easily now.

I'm not the most mobile person when it comes to bending or adjusting myself to take care of the lower areas of the garden, such as weeding or taking care of the flowers. It's something I miss doing because I once did it all myself, now poor Kate has to do the majority of it.

Supporter+

I must admit although I started this thread I’m not a great gardener, it’s only on an as and when basis, I love to see a nice garden but the work involved is too much, my next door neighbour has a show garden, it is immaculate I swear he combs the grass to straighten the blades but him and his wife spend hours in it and a lot of money I dare say.

I’d rather go on holiday.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I don't have any green fingers in my body, watering plants is about as much as I care to do. I think things may be different once I am older, when I have my own place to live but even then I think I would opt for self managing things to have in the garden.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Gardening, or at least growing vegetables, is one of my favourite hobbies.  It's quite a challenge over here due to the short growing season, but it fascinates me to see a tiny seed eventually grow into something big.  I sowed my onion seeds in back in January, and now they are a bit bigger than a golf ball with plenty of growing to go.  I've already had a lot of rhubarb, mint, spinach and rocket, and in the next few weeks I'll have more tomatoes, courgettes, runner beans, french beans and beetroot than I can cope with.   Not only much cheaper than the supermarket stuff, but also much tastier.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I don't have much of a garden but I do want to purchase a big enough sized plot so that I can do the garden up. I would like to landscape it all.

Archived