Rachid Harkouk,...... Rash the smash

Piethagoram

Aguila
06-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Rash was arrested as he came off the pitch at Brighton by a policeman who recognised him. He was wanted for fighting in a chip shop if I remember correctly. Silkman is of course now one of the agents that our leader feels so strongly about. 

Sorry I've got no idea where Rash lives now.

How football has changed.

You would never get a way with wanting to fight people as a professional these days.

http://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/25542?page=1

The ex-Magpies midfielder was sentenced at Birmingham Crown Court this week after being arrested as part of a major Warwickshire Police operation targeting people involved in supplying Class A and B drugs in the Rugby area.

••..The 55-year-old, of The Leas, Bulcote, was jailed after pleading guilty at an earlier hearing to conspiracy to supply amphetamines.

He pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to supply cocaine. This charge will lie on file.

Warwickshire Police arrested 11 people, including Harkouk, in a series of dawn raids in Nottingham, Rugby and Wolverhampton on December 15 last year.

The raids were part of an operation which has led to eight people being charged with drug supply offences.

Officers recovered heroin, crack cocaine, amphetamines, ecstasy and cannabis worth around £75,000.

Weapons including a sawn-off shotgun and ammunition, machetes, knives and a samurai sword have also been recovered.

Harkouk made 169 league and cup appearances for Notts County, scoring 52 goals after signing for £50,000 from QPR at the start of the 1980-81 season.

Harkouk quickly won over County fans by scoring on his debut in a 2-2 draw with Leyton Orient at Meadow Lane in the Anglo-Scottish Cup.

He also helped secure a memorable piece of Notts history by scoring one of two goals in a victory at Chelsea which secured the club's promotion to the top flight at the end of the 1980-81 campaign.

Harkouk's most prolific season for Notts came in 1984-85 when he scored 19 goals.

He caught the attention of Algerian selectors and played two games in the 1986 World Cup in Mexico.

I'm going to watch what I say based on reading some of these things, I have him as a friend on Facebook (sometimes I wonder if it really is him but it seems legit).

A lot of players from his area used to enjoy a scrap, it was a different time and nobody knows what goes on. I do think it's a shame this his criminal record and his habits outside of football is what fans mostly talk about - rather than his career.

Strange all those links are from 2011 and 2002?  is there anything he's done lately, one thing i can tell you he did a fantastic job for Notts especially in the promotion year. 

3 hours ago, Chris said:

I'm going to watch what I say based on reading some of these things, I have him as a friend on Facebook (sometimes I wonder if it really is him but it seems legit).

A lot of players from his area used to enjoy a scrap, it was a different time and nobody knows what goes on. I do think it's a shame this his criminal record and his habits outside of football is what fans mostly talk about - rather than his career.

Agreed Chris.... Rachid still remains one of my all time favourite players........Husin's ability to strike a ball, reminds me of Rash's ability

• 7 months later...

Archived