Is Ross Fitzsimons starting to look like our number one.?

Magic magpie

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Not this again... 🤣🤣

I think the defence and keeper have come together, I feel he's improved but we need to play a really good team that are in form before we start saying how he looks. I am dubious a little but that's only down to his shaky start.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

He seems to be more focused and less like a grumpy arse now, I don't know what he expected but I am glad he's found his hands and confidence.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i think hes improved but dont think he will be experienced enough if we gain promotion and i still feel he needs replacing, only way he could become good enough for this level is to play a few seasons as the number one.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  739
  • Days Won:  3

I will say at the end of the season, he had an awful start to this season but things have picked up. He looks to be making the right progress but it depends if he can keep focused.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

It was always a confidence thing this season. We were shocking at the start and so was he. Think back to last year (before the moment of madness) he was a solid keeper who played with confidence, which is what he is now doing. By all means HK looked for a different keeper, didn’t get one, so we are where we are. Let’s be greatly he’s come through the rough patch and is still smiling.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, hissingdwarf said:

It was always a confidence thing this season. We were shocking at the start and so was he.

To me he looked like he had choked with the responsibility of knowing he would be the keeper for the whole season, pressure he didn't handle well and only effected his confidence. There was a period where he also looked disinterested.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

He looks more content and happy, I don't think it would harm him to give some sort of reaction when Notts scored or just try to be upbeat. He seems a miserable sod TBH.

That said he is improving which is the main thing and I do agree he choked at first when taking on the number one shirt.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

He's starting to play and make those saves he would have let in, the Macclesfield attempt after the Jon Stead penalty a few months ago that would have gone in. There's effort being made and the fans appreciate that.

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

He looks more content and happy, I don't think it would harm him to give some sort of reaction when Notts scored or just try to be upbeat. He seems a miserable sod TBH.

That said he is improving which is the main thing and I do agree he choked at first when taking on the number one shirt.

I wish he would crack a smile mate ..I’ve said the same about him being miserable ..

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

At the moment he seems to be returning to Whst fans remember of his last season the confidence will return it will take though. But at the minute he is looking good pulling of some good saves and finding his voice 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I would say he is now showing that he's more than capable of being the first choice keeper.

The start of the season could be put down to pressure and a loss of focus, not just by him but by the whole team. Things seem to be improving for the better now.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I think hes improved alot since the new manager came in, not sure why he played so bad before.. i just thought he wasnt a good keeper, but now hes like a completly different character.

Archived