Daily thread - Monday 8th October

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Morning all, it’s a bright sunny start so far, temperatures are due to climb the next few days so it’s an ideal time to set off in our camper van.

We are meeting up with around 25 friends at a campsite in Derbyshire for a little get together and some fun and laughter.

Have a great day whatever you are doing.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Ordering a few presents to start off with, I was going to order my Mum and Dad one of those Tefal Actifry things don't know if anyone had got one? Found one that costs 94 pound but I have been told to hold off until Black Friday but I am worried they all go out of stock. If anyone can help me on this that would be appreciated.

Im buying my sister a Hot Air Balloon ride for her 18th birthday coming up. Also going to go gym later to get back into that after a few weeks out.

Also hoping we can squeeze time in to record this weeks PONCast with @Chris as I will be struggling for time again if not. 

Cheers everyone.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Morning all, it’s a bright sunny start so far, temperatures are due to climb the next few days so it’s an ideal time to set off in our camper van.

We are meeting up with around 25 friends at a campsite in Derbyshire for a little get together and some fun and laughter.

Have a great day whatever you are doing.

You doing some baking today then @Fan of Big Tone? 😂😂😂

@samwatto2008 definitely hold off until Black Friday. All the shops will reduce prices on most electrical so you will pick up what you want somewhere.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, hissingdwarf said:

@samwatto2008 definitely hold off until Black Friday. All the shops will reduce prices on most electrical so you will pick up what you want somewhere.

Thanks pal! I am just worried that the stores will get cleaned out but I suppose that is a risk you have to take.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i thought it was odd when i read the daily bread in the topic title, its thanks giving in america today i think? should we be grateful for the daily bread. :rollonfloorlaughing:

i have just got back from work and everything seems slow, so i am going to be my part to encourage people to lift the site and get it back on track. i have not done much other than work, cant say its good to be back but its a job.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I have put this to feature and amended the list so its not outdated, @Fan of Big Tone can you please feature the discussion so that people see and engage with it. Thanks

I haven't been up to much, just sorted my CV and e-mailed it to a few vacancies. I am considering doing agency work despite hating it, it can pay well but the way you get treated shouldn't happen in the UK.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

6 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

Also hoping we can squeeze time in to record this weeks PONCast with @Chris as I will be struggling for time again if not. 

Not today sorry, I don't feel well and other wise I am struggle too. We'll have to find time or some way around it.

----

Today I've prepared home made pizza, done some small stuff but I haven't pushed myself as much as I normally would.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Not today sorry, I don't feel well and other wise I am struggle too. We'll have to find time or some way around it.

----

Today I've prepared home made pizza, done some small stuff but I haven't pushed myself as much as I normally would.

Mr c’s pizza open for delivery mate 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Magic magpie No chance mate.

A couple of fans this past Saturday at Macclesfield had a joke with me about this, they wanted a delivery for Tuesday. I told them to come fetch it. 😛 

Went food shopping came home felt a bit iffy.  some Pon posting of course 😊😊 my favourite part of the day. Now just watching tv thinking a few things over .. the normal .. have a good day guys 

1 minute ago, Chris said:

@Magic magpie No chance mate.

A couple of fans this past Saturday at Macclesfield had a joke with me about this, they wanted a delivery for Tuesday. I told them to come fetch it. 😛 

So it’s collection only right you are get my shoes on😂😂 they know good pizza when they see it @Chris

Supporter+
2 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

I have put this to feature and amended the list so its not outdated, @Fan of Big Tone can you please feature the discussion so that people see and engage with it. Thanks

I haven't been up to much, just sorted my CV and e-mailed it to a few vacancies. I am considering doing agency work despite hating it, it can pay well but the way you get treated shouldn't happen in the UK.

I thought I had featured it I normally do, not sure how daily bread happened, I must have been in a rush to get off in the van.

Everyone’s arrived safely from as far away as Scotland and Kent.

Off to the pub shortly.

Supporter+
23 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

@Fan of Big Tone just have fun and have a drink on us! ;) 

That’s very generous @CliftonMagpie thank you, I’ll have a double gin and tonic, you can give me the money next time I see you. :joker:

• Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

I went to watch my grandson Harvey 6 in a inter schools across Erewash cross country race, it took part on the school field of one of the Senior schools in Ilkeston, out of over 100 children, Harvey came 4th. Well done to him.

Then it was work, then after tea, went for a power walk round the 3 lakes. 

Supporter+

Blimey, well done Harvey, we’ll be seeing him at a Park Run soon, my Grandson George did his first 5k the other week he wasn’t very fast but he completed it with a bit of encouragement bless him.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I was at school again volunteering until 12, then i came home and had plans to do a few other things but didn't feel like it today. I guess i'll be busy doing it all tomorrow then.

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

I was at school again volunteering until 12, then i came home and had plans to do a few other things but didn't feel like it today. I guess i'll be busy doing it all tomorrow then.

It’s called procrastinating @cheeky~k8 But don’t worry about it we all do it, I keep putting things off in the hope they’ll go away but they don’t.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

11 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

It’s called procrastinating @cheeky~k8 But don’t worry about it we all do it, I keep putting things off in the hope they’ll go away but they don’t.

Unfortunetly they don't go away. I'm not worried about it, just would rather just get on with it.

I'm always putting some things off, but i really need to actually get on with it otherwise it will never get done. Obviously over time some things can get forgotten about but unfortnetly that isnt one of them.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Still making my way to Portland, deadline is approaching in a few days and I am just about to have a few hours rest. I drive mostly during the night as it's easier to avoid traffic and its more relaxing.

I am starting to think I need a holiday!

Archived