Change of fortunes = Paul Hart?

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Do you think that the upturn in our playing fortunes is in any way coincidental that Paul Hart came to the club. Do you think Kewell is learning and taking on board what Hart is suggesting and this is why we've started winning?

Not much has changed under Harry Kewell in terms of tactics, I don't think Paul Hart's impacted anything yet either. To me the defence has improved with the arrival of Cedric Evina, Jamie Turley and Elliott Ward.

The midfield has been focusing more on how they move the ball forward but it all seems simple stuff.

Hart may have encouraged and helped, but I don't think there's much credit there for him to have yet.

Paul Hart would love this but I think he would be humble enough to say he's had very limited impact on what's happened.

I am sure he's offered advice but at the end of the day it's down to Harry Kewell to decide what he feels best, and I believe he's started with going back to basics. Then focusing on the training, improving the desire to get onto the pitch and selecting a squad he felt he could grind out results. So, I don't believe Hart's had much to do with it but he can be a bigger part given time.

I do believe the experience of Paul Hart will have helped Harry Kewell even in these early days, can he take all the credit? I don't think so, his impact is probably less than what his experience would have you believe. I feel he's got a bigger role to play, it's just important that Kewell has the people like Hart at his disposal for the help required to make those difficult decisions.

I wouldn't hype or discredit him as I say he's got a role to play in this new management team.

@AmericanPie makes two very interesting points.

Paul Hart has been appointed to do the work that enables Harry Kewell to spend more time coaching the players, surely Hart's involvement will be minimal with terms of the coaching and actual management of the players.

I am sure Kewell has benefited and I take nothing away from Harts experience.

I just feel that the OP to this topic might not have so much of a valid point after all, yet it is an interesting discussion I think.

Archived