Notts County Vs Crewe Alexandra

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The big day! I feel I will be saying this for sometime, although Saturday will the big promotion £10 adults and £1 for children. It's a shame the offer couldn't included away fans, it might have the away end full but I guess it makes sure we at least bring in some normal finance. Yet I do hope fans come down, even if it's a case of taking up the offer and meeting up old friends. It's a great deal!

Notts will have to put aside the disappointment of last Saturday against Carlisle, they need to be stronger at the back and on the break.

I honestly feel we would have won if these two areas had been spot on, it certainly wasn't a lack of effort on goal for me because Gillespie had a great game - Despite him showing a lack sportsmanship.

Crewe - Cannot be written off, they have a good system and for sure they can pass, although
Mathias Pogba also is one to watch.

Notts - Will have to be stronger, I'm unsure about Leacock personally. Some have mentioned they would give Manny Smith a chance, even at the expense of Gary Liddle. It might be wise to remain unchanged, although I think a few a starting to notice that Deano isn't looking the same right now.

I can't say I see a win, part of me says a draw but I think Crewe will take the game.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

We have to defend better than we have up to now. 1 clean sheet in 9 isn't good enough. I think we'll win 2-1. Haynes and Haber.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I think this is a match we can win,but I'm not predicting the scoreline. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This is definitely a match we can win and should win if we are serious about moving up the table. Crewe have had the most goals scored against them in the division so their defence looks as if it is pretty suspect, lets hope we can score a hatful and get on a good run.

How's that for an optimistic post.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Surely this is a match Notts can win.This is a real chance for CK and the Notts players to start winning over a few of the Notts faithful doubters. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  159

You just need our result against them Tony. We swept them aside and won easily.

(Only one point on our travels though!!!)

AND missed a penalty,Mickey.I bet Notts fans would take 1-0 and a good display.

Good luck,Notts.Let's see you climbing up the league.

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Fantastic win, I was so pleased for everyone, when the first goal went in the players all came over to CK to celebrate, they definitely seem to have a togetherness now. Looks like Mr. Trew may have been right to stick with CK, long may it continue.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Fantastic result. Excellent team performance. Once the first goal went in our confidence grew and grew. Crewe had plenty of chances and we still need to tighten up at the back but all in all a good day at the office. Callum Mcgregor was definitely man of the match. I was even impressed with Boucard!!

Fantastic win!

It gets easier when you can performance like this, I am one of the fans who felt we could do much better. I think if we can do this against the bigger boys and I don't mean win 4-0, I mean play as a unit and respect each passing phase then we can't go wrong. CK's pressing the side and I have to be honest, I felt nervous but I had a good feeling.

Reason I felt nervous was because the win was vital, no matter how it happened. It's a good chance to get the support we need and I really want us to gain it!

I don't blame for staying away, tho my support will always be given. Think the fact we had direction helped, so hopefully some will consider coming again but I do feel the club need to try and attract them. It's probably time for more ways to win them over, the club released a video of the players and I didn't like it. It felt like we were desperate but I have to hand it to the media team. :)

Great result and good for CK. Hopefully we can just continue to make progress!

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

It was a good performance and much better than most of the games before. Great score too. A well needed win and points on the league table.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i am gutted that i missed the game, it sounds like i missed a great game. 4-0! i did not see that happening. ck might be safe after all

Match Report | View Here

It sums up the game very well, definitely worth the read. Great result!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486

That is a fair review, agree with most of that.

Notts looked more balanced, creative and threatening going forwards than of late tbh. Defensively there were still lapses and the odd dodgy moment but, fortunately, Crewe fluffed half a dozen decent chances. They reminded me of us - plenty of possession, quite good on the counter attack but hopeless in the final third. We do seem to have found the knack of taking our chances now there is admire settled look about the side - and McGregor is in it!

Overall, we were the better side and thanks to some clinical, decisive finishing deserved the result in my view. Some of Boucaud's passing was top class, McGregor was different class and Haber looks like he could be a very significant acquisition. Good stuff Notts.

Defensively there were still lapses and the odd dodgy moment but, fortunately, Crewe fluffed half a dozen decent chances.

There was a few moments with Deano where he had me concerned, especially when it was 2-0 and they looked bright. He really did miss place some passing, although noticeably there was weak moments by others. It's a good job Gary Liddle wasn't dropped because he held his own, his physical presence and aerial ability was what needed - especially with their crossing. 

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

Notts did do alot better this game. I should take the kids to toilet more often when i go... i missed 2 goals that way lol. :lol:

Archived