January transfer discussion page

ARLukomski

If you've got anything to say regarding what Notts should do in the transfer window, this is the topic. 

I'll start 

In

2 centre mids, Right back , Left back, Target man striker, Centre back 

Out

David Vaughan, Shaun Brisley, Cedric Evina, Dan Jones, Nathan Thomas (cancel loan), Keston Davies (cancel loan), Ben Hall (cancel loan), Tom Crawford (loan out), Richard Duffy (maybe), Sam Osborne (loan out), Declan Dunn (loan out), Tyreece Kennedy-Williams (loan out), Kion Etete (loan out), Remaye Campbell (loan out), Alex Howes (loan out)

I would keep Nathan Thomas, Dan Jones, Cedric Evina, David Vaughan and Shaun Brisley.

I would cancel Ben Halls loan deal.

He's been a pointless addition to the squad. Richard Duffy needs to go and I agree all the young players need to be getting some sort of loan experience. I can't see the club releasing too many who are under contract.

Wouldn't send Osbourne out on loan, he should be starting while Enzio is out, We need to replace Jones,Evina,  Brisley, Duffy, Husin, Milsom, Thomas. The manager needs to change it, no point changing the manager if he's going pick the same players that all the fans know aren't good enough,  we need direct players who go forward rather than sideways and back all the time.

All the opinions over Dan Jones and Cedric Evina could be different if Notts was in form and winning, Jones won people over at the end of last season and many of the same people change their opinions like a yoyo.

I don't think there is much that can be done in the next transfer window.

I really can't see much movement and I would dread to think if the clubs forced to sell someone like Kane Hemmings or Kristian Dennis in order to fix something that should be resolved with training. I don't think the players fitness are good or at an acceptable level, Harry Kewell blamed Kevin Nolan but I think it's a case of inexperience.

To trim the playing staff down will be difficult at this time , probably the best we could see happen , would be send the loan players back if the terms of the loan allowed it , loan some of our young players out which I think is achievable and would probably do them more good than putting them into the dog fight we are in ,and hope NA can get more out of a significant number of the remaining players to improve us enough to stay up and finally hope that AH can manage to find some money to bring in 2 or 3 of quality and steel and I think personality to make an impact in the dressing room and on the pitch , massive job on in my opinion. 

There needs to be a ruthless clear out but players are under contract so it’s easier said than done getting rid of them. Ben Hall was a contracted season long loan so not sure where that leaves the wages situation. 

Evina hasn’t fulfilled his early promise, Davies hasn’t played enough to judge. 

Ward & Turley are better than Duffy & Brisley but the latter two are contracted.

we can’t keep bringing in players with the wage bill as it is so the gaffer has an almost impossible situation.

my once buoyant optimism about our future is beginning to wane. I think we have done very well to get Ardley and just hope to god he can sort this dire situation out for us. 

i dont think much trimming will happen as i am not sure the club can afford to buy anyone out of their contract.

i think some of the shorter term players may go but i think it would be a shame if jamie turley is one of them. i dont know who else is out of contract by january.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 05:06, AmericanPie said:

Interesting to see fans opinions, I can't comment because I don't know that much about the current squads performances but I do find reading posts like this interesting.

It will be interesting to see if any of the suggestions or rumours get signed or even linked with Notts.

Archived