Are you happy with County’s business so far in the January transfer market.?

Magic magpie

So Notts have acquired two new players defender Ben Barclay from the Brighton seeing Ben Hall return to the Amex. 

Then Notts acquired exspirenced midfielder Jim O’Brien with the gaffer heaping on praise saying he never stops. 

keston Davis returned to his parent club and ended a season long early by Mutual consent. 

So my question is so far in the January transfer window are you happy with the business that Notts County have done.?

It's early days but it seems sensible, I think a keeper and a winger/striker is all Notts really needs.

I think realistically we should expect some outgoings before anyone else arrives but we will have to wait and see. I do feel a winger/striker could push Nathan Thomas and inject some pace into the flanks.

My fear is that we're in too much of a mess to sort out in one transfer window, but by and large I'm happy so far.

I'm a bit disappointed with Hawkridge leaving due to his work ethic, but the manager clearly doesn't rate him so it makes sense to free up the funds for someone who will play. Turley is sorely limited and not what we need. Elliot "panic signing" Ward will no doubt be joining him out the door.

I'm happy with O'Brien - finally someone who cares and cajoles and motivates his teammates! We need more like him. My first impression of Schofield is good too. As for the Hall-Barclay swap, it makes sense to have someone who actually plays, but our back line is very young with Bird, Barclay and Schofield in there - a bit of experience at the back would be good.

Archived