Craig M-S

ivansneck

Past it and hasn't done anything for years to be honest. We needed a target man and I cannot see what CMS will bring on the pitch that Dennis and Hemmings don't already, unless one of them is going tomorrow.

I'm assuming he has been brought in more as a "voice" in the dressing room.

Agree with @Fozzy We tried to sign him in 2015 but went to Luton instead ......thankfully.... Would not be surprised if Stead moves to Bradford, as rumours persist that he is of interest. Will Dennis and Hemmings go if transfer fees are offered?

I would have preferred a U23 striker with pace, fear we have signed a Ben Burgess mark II

When he's played against Notts I've never been impressed, he does work hard but the only positive thing right now that stands out is that he's very ugly to play against on the pitch. He's physical and will let others know there's no messing around, it could be a good thing.

Alan Smith used to kinda bring this attitude to the pitch and it's infectious.

I see it as a good experienced signing, if only someone to add more depth and experience to what seems like a team destined to be relegated. Adding some mettle, grit, power and league knowledge is quite a good thing. A much bigger signing that I expected, yet he needs to come in wanting to move mountains for us - so there is a fear with me that he could become just another standard player who turns up on match days.

We'll have to wait and see, I hope for the best.

Wycombe fan in peace here.

Can't believe the negativity in the thread, he should be a great signing for you and is still plenty good enough for our squad in the top half of league one, we just have a silly amount of strikers and he wants to play every week.

His goal scoring record isn't amazing on paper, but our team is very much built around Bayo a lot of the time so he's not the focal point, often he's been played out wide. He more than makes up for it with his work rate and intelligent runs, and when he does get a chance he usually takes it. He might not be as quick as he used to be, but his legs definitely haven't "gone".

Good luck for the season.

Looks like he had a decent debut then! We really could have done with him ourselves today as his younger version picked up an injury before half time.

Actually hope he does keep you up, always a good away day up there, and I suspect we'll get a decent bonus fee if you stay up.

Archived