The makeup of the National League next year

Dripsey3

Supporter+

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_National_League

We will be familiar with a number of the clubs we will face next season. I know a lot of Notts fans like the trip to Torquay and that's back on the agenda. Chorley's promotion is the story of the season. They are the David in a league with more than a few Goliaths. 

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/attendance-table-national-league-season-standings-56838

I'd imagine most clubs are rubbing their hands in glee that we have replaced Orient as attendances may even be better with Notts in the Conference. It's easy to see that Notts are the equivalent of a shark in your local pond. 

You can either cry and moan or you can embrace the challenge. It will be good to face teams we haven't faced before. Visit a whole load of new grounds.  Sample the local beers. Meet the locals. Make the best of it. 

There's going to be some good fixtures, let's face it - away days will different for a change.

Notts didn't play well enough to stay up, so we have to embrace the National League and come back stronger. It will take time, Orient had an okay squad when they went down and managed to retain some of their better players, I am sure some of them would have loved to have a massive clear out but that is part of the issue at Notts. The club needs to issue contracts based on them being deserved, so you get the players fighting and playing for the shirt.

It's going to be interesting.

difficult league to get out off, notts might learn how to assemble a squad properly or it could just see them get stuck. i think it will help them recover and grow, just need to adapt and have some players above that standard.

with only two teams going up, its a tough ask to do it after being relegated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2019 at 21:23, CliftonMagpie said:

Think some of the seaside games might bring some excitement, but I do feel its depressing what's happened. I do believe the club will grow from this but I think it will be a few managers and another owner down the line.

I’m hoping for some weekend fixtures where I could stay over, it would make away games more doable for me but it’s going to be an interesting season.

I have accepted relegation, I wish for the club to forward thinking and stable from the ground up. The National League is the wake up call Notts should have had years ago, when the takeover happens I hope they bring in proper football minded people.

Archived