Fixtures

ARLukomski

Unless something really dramatic happens over the next few weeks, they'll all be a test. Right now I'd be quite happy if we end up where Chesterfield did last season.

As for the fixtures themselves, meh. Thoughts:

- Eight (!) matches in August, that'll be fun with the state of our squad. Don't be surprised if we find ourselves bottom of the pile come September.

- Maidenhead home and away on Boxing Day and New Year's Day, yeah thanks for that. Would Chesterfield have been so difficult?

- Away opening day. I'm not going to moan about it being Eastleigh though, League Two isn't exactly glamorous either.

- First home game is midweek (and against Stockport, who'd have brought a decent following on a Saturday).

- One match I was looking out for was Torquay away. And it's in February. Oh well!

- At home on the final day though. Wouldn't it be nice if, despite everything, we still had something positive to play for? We can only dream.

its what it is, i just hope the club can truly prepare for the fixtures now. i dont think neal ardley will walk, i think thats twitter idiots stirring it and spreading untrue rumours after news came out about ardley supposedly nearly walking out last season.

On 03/07/2019 at 21:52, DangerousSausage said:

Unless something really dramatic happens over the next few weeks, they'll all be a test. Right now I'd be quite happy if we end up where Chesterfield did last season.

As for the fixtures themselves, meh. Thoughts:

- Eight (!) matches in August, that'll be fun with the state of our squad. Don't be surprised if we find ourselves bottom of the pile come September.

- Maidenhead home and away on Boxing Day and New Year's Day, yeah thanks for that. Would Chesterfield have been so difficult?

- Away opening day. I'm not going to moan about it being Eastleigh though, League Two isn't exactly glamorous either.

- First home game is midweek (and against Stockport, who'd have brought a decent following on a Saturday).

- One match I was looking out for was Torquay away. And it's in February. Oh well!

- At home on the final day though. Wouldn't it be nice if, despite everything, we still had something positive to play for? We can only dream.

It makes a change to be at home for the final game, those types away always tend to be the longest to return from. 

Archived