League suspended indefinitely

JIMBO

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,936
  • Days Won:  162

i expected it, i just wished they would be a bit more open with what might happen.

the fact clubs feel the need to send the fa a letter, i find it silly, communication should be there not just with the clubs but us fans.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

They're still dithering - probably just waiting to see what the PL and EFL are going to do. Ideally, the Premier League, Football League and Bananarama Tinpot Conference should all sit down together and agree something jointly. The National League is under extra pressure here, as most players' contracts expire at the end of this month. Without a secure income, clubs will be unable to sign or resign players; without players, it will be impossible to play any matches.

To be honest, I think there's no prospect of having football matches with fans in the grounds any time before June, and probably later than that. I'm concerned this is going to drag on and affect next season too.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,143
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I agree with calls to have the coaching staff tested, along with the players.

If a higher percentage is okay, they should proceed with what they mentioned about playing behind closed doors. Provided the UK Gov agreed and, that clubs could be sensible with how they proceed with this. I.E don't expect love ones to still go, as this risks an higher chance.

To be perfectly honest, at this stage I just want them to make a decision and allow the club/fans to have their say.

Before doing what most expect and, be bullied by the FA in cancelling the whole season.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

The National League need to be more transparent and stop dragging this on.

I can't understand for the life of me why they can't just say we will review the situation at the end of April, without confusing people.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

Delaying it makes sense, but with reports that this or that will happen. It adds to the frustration, compact the leagues in the future until the fixtures can return to normal.

Play the remaining games behind close doors, stream via the official site or YouTube.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,099
  • Days Won:  2

I just wished we knew what is likely to happen, they should address things in stages.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

On 01/04/2020 at 09:58, DangerousSausage said:

To be honest, I think there's no prospect of having football matches with fans in the grounds any time before June, and probably later than that. I'm concerned this is going to drag on and affect next season too.

I think you're right, they need to look at playing behind closed doors.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

News broke out here last week that the league would be suspended, then it was corrected. I do hope the National League aren't in a rush to speak, they should take the time required to consider all the options at hand to them.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

I would prefer them to only mentions things when they are aware of the outcome, maybes and rumours won't help. I don't expect them squash all the nonsense going round but the occasional update about meetings and how productive they're would be more helpful than anything we have had to date.

I don't expect football to come back any time soon.

Archived