How do you fancy Notts chances in the Playoffs?

Chris

I haven't felt nervous until recently, I suppose it's natural.

I do feel our form can be picked up from where we left, provided we focus and apply pressure from the off when it comes to playing. I haven't let the friendly impact my thoughts, yet I still feel splitting our squad into two would have made more sense. I'm just pleased nobody got injured, as I do feel we will miss Regan Booty who had been ruled out before.

We have the depth in the squad, it's all down to the fight and, making sure we are a tight unit on the pitch.

I fancy our chances of getting to the final.

Supporter+

I think Notts will win promotion. Yes it was a bad loss to Dorking but it's just a minor set back. I wouldn't be surprised to if Boreham Wood were our opponents in the final. They are flying under the radar. I can't see Barnet winning at Yeovil. Yeovil will be a tough game if it comes to pass but that's what we will need before the final. 

1 hour ago, gtownjohnno said:

Is the only way to watch the playoffs through BT?

Yes, due to BT Sports having the rights to the National League.

I believe you can get a monthly pass for BT Sports.

https://www.bt.com/sport/monthly-pass

If you want to watch it via your TV, I'm not sure this is possible - without an Android TV box.

Since December we've statistically been the best team in the league. I hope we can continue the form we were in at season's end. 

I believe we can take anyone in the play-offs. The only thing that is worrying me slightly is who we face in the semi-final because we don't have the greatest record against Yeovil and it also matters about the extra game and whether that will be a key factor in match fitness. We did enough to take something from their place in the league but we were still trying to find our best team, the squad was still getting used to each other and we were still to bring more players in. We then went there in the FA Trophy and it showed how much our defence had improved having been down to 10 men, then 9 and still won. That could signify a change in mentality.

We have beaten every other team apart from Barnet but we lost that using the 3-5-2 system and we abandoned that after 3 games (with the exception of Barrow when it was used to square off man vs man against their 3-5-2).

We beat Harrogate whilst still in pre-season mode but they will be tough opposition, taken 6 points from Halifax (who are without Devante Rodney) and 4 from Boreham Wood (should have been 6).

Notts need to make sure we plan adequately for the semi-final. Get through that and we are 90 minutes away and at that point I beg we win

i think notts will do well, i dont want the club to get yeovil as they tend to be a bogey team.

i am confident and feel the players will end the season well, whatever happens i am proud of this season and think the clubs stronger.

Watching the EFL Play-offs haven’t exactly filled me with confidence. The favourites knocked out and the teams you’d least expect to go up win it! Both Wycombe and Northampton play very aggressive and direct, it’s just about getting the ball in the box and capitalising on set-pieces. I’m glad we can at least deal with corners now!

I'm not too fussed as to who we face, pros and cons to both. Statistically Barnet's recent form was better and they conceded fewer goals. But then Yeovil finished higher and scored more goals. 

I’m hopeful without being expectant but if I had to put money on it I would probably go for Harrogate. That said, Ardley’s been successful in the play-offs and I’ve got a strange feeling we’re going to see an Enzio rocket at Wembley. It would be an amazing achievement if we do it.

All our form from the season would have gone out of the window anyway, let alone after a four-month break. Our players have the quality, but they need to show it too. I've seen in Germany what it looks like when a team comes up against another side that is better prepared and more match fit (as Barnet may well be, having already played a competitive game), it can take time to get up to speed and gain a foothold in the game. It's absolutely crucial we don't end up shipping goals in that period as we don't have the luxury of a second leg.

I'm relieved we're not playing Yeovil as I had a bad feeling about that one (although that doesn't necessarily mean that Barnet wil be cannon fodder). The disadvantage of that is that if we fail, Yeovil will surely be a strong contender for the title next season. Let's make sure we don't :D

Supporter+

I watched Harrogate vs Boreham Wood. I see comments saying Boreham Wood were poor, true, but that's because Harrogate made them look bad. Harrogate are no mugs, if Notts let up, they will take advantage. 

According to oddschecker, Notts are 15/13 to win while Harrogate are 12/5. I appreciate that this means absolutely nothing and many bets have simply been placed because of our name and larger fan base. It interested me though :)

For me it's 50/50 now, I really have no idea how it'll pan out. Harrogate's recent results have been fantastic, but so have ours, and our most recent match against them was in September so can hardly be taken as the yardstick.

I don't want to come across as belittling Harrogate, or to have this comment come back to haunt me. It is my opinion, and how I feel currently. So far, no nerves have crept in and, I would have feared Barnet more than Harrogate or Boreham Wood.

I know underdogs can lift their performances and it's really a matter of who wants it more.

Yet if things go right [which usually doesn't happen in football] - Notts will come out to Wembley not star struck or hindered by the glamour of playing at such a big stadium. If they come out determined to do well, remain focused and treat the game exactly as they did against Barnet I would be happy. Obviously, the only concern is Jon Stead has former players have an habit of spoiling our day.

I am quietly confident, and eagerly awaiting the final.

Archived