does jimmy knowles have a part to play in our squad?

liampie

He was decent when he came on today and his run and cut back were good. However, he needs those bits of space behind to be able to run into because the other areas of his game aren't good enough, from what I've seen. Depending on who the opposition is, it would be good to see him start against a team that will attack / play a high line. 

FYI: I would still send him back and get in somebody better. 

To be honest, I’m not sure what more the lad can do? Both him and RR should be starting. We only go past the “watching paint dry” stage when we actually, genuinely attack teams. Knowles has that knack. He deserves a few games.

But then again, Dennis was the same and Ardley wrote him off as well.

Supporter+

Jimmy Knowles is a real talent at NL level. The way NA chooses to play means we are not getting the best out of young Jimmy. Take the shackles off and watch him go. Unfortunately that is never going to happen so we will be getting Jimmy at 50%, rather than Jimmy at 100%. We have him until the end of the season and I have no doubt that Jimmy will have a huge part to play, shackles or no shackles. 

Whilst he not not be able to contribute as much in the way of build up and all the other things NA talks about needing to improve. He's more likely to bring something we desperately need at the moment - goals!

I hope he gets the chance to start against Weymouth, either with Wootton or Effiong (I'd guess it's more likely to be Kyle!). We need players that naturally want to get in behind and cause defenders problems, he might not be perfect but if he's never going to get a start there's not much point in him being here.

Archived