Incoming keeper on loan?

Joshua

According to the Nottingham Post, Notts are closing on another loan signing. That of 21 year old keeper, Anthony Patterson from Sunderland.

Sam Slocombe has supposedly picked up a knock in training.

The League One keeper has only 2 league caps to his name, so limited experience. Would it not be better to get Tiernan Brooks back?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Patterson

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-sunderland-transfer-patterson-5962117

I don't see why we enlist Jake Kean as a player, surely there's no point if we are required to bring in a player for a few weeks - if our regular keeper is injured. If he's there for the off chance, that if we can't bring in a player he will play - I still don't see the point. I mean Kevin Pilkington jumped in when we needed.

Well, at least we have cover and, are hopefully, capable of helping us.

Not all inexperienced keepers need time, but I do prefer it to be honest.

Yeah with regards to Jake Kean, sounds like he's an emergency, last resort option. Like if Sam Slocombe woke up ill on the morning of a game and we had no time to sort another keeper.

It’s a shame about Slocombe though a first clean sheet for a while would’ve given him and the defence some confidence going into this weekend.

Patterson sounds like as a good a replacement you could get at short notice. Lee Johnson the Sunderland manager (always down to earth and never comes across arrogant 😉) said “he’s a very good goalkeeper, it’s a gift in one sense, he will do very, very well for them”.

Made me laugh that, “a gift”… Like he’s basically given us a month of clean sheets by giving us Patterson!

That said I won't be complaining if he manages it, fingers crossed for one this weekend!

Archived