Match Discussion: Game 21 - The Bees (H)

PON_News

Game 21 - The Bees (H)

Team: Barnet

Date: 26/11/2022

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Luke Williams opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• 2 months later...

I can't wait to get back to Meadow Lane tomorrow, with @callum2569 and hopefully, @super_pie.

Barnet used to be a bit of a bogey team for Notts, but they're a different team now they're in the National League. They're in decent form though, with wins over some of those harder-to-beat teams, so it's going to be interesting for sure.

Personally, I would just keep the movement patient and use Nemane's pace to scare their defence into making mistakes.

Control the centre of the park, allow Palmer to choose the tempo as and when it's needed to be changed and Langstaff/Scott should do the rest. Rodrigues also can return now correct? Being at full strength could be another blessing for us.

• Like 2

under the floodlights again! night matches are great.

i fully expect barnet to throw everything but the kitchen sink at notts. they will probably watched footage from previous games and i hope they dont throw bodies into the box like chesterfield did for their equaliser. i think we just need to frustrate them by retaining the ball.

Can't wait to get back to the lane. Feels like an eternity. Notts in great form, aswell as Barnet. Completely different team compared to previous seasons they've been in the national League going to be a tough game but I have the belief in the squad to get the job done yet again. Personally, I think the players are going to need the fans to get behind the squad from the get go. Let's get the three points. #coyp 

• Like 2

Yeah, should be cracker, both teams are in good form. Barnet’s issue used to be that they were only good going forward but they seem to have sorted things out defensively too now. Agree that this is another tough game as I’ve no doubt Barnet will come and have a go. Hopefully they’ll leave some gaps for us to exploit and you just know Ruben will be raring to go, that’s if he gets back into the starting 11.

And funny how times have changed as we’re on a 5 winning game run against them, so we’re becoming Barnet's bogey team now!

• Like 1

Substitution for notts 

Coming off scott

Coming on austin

But Scott shouldn't of come off luke Williams took the wrong man off

Goal for notts

But it  doesn't matter as Adam Chicksen makes it notts county 2 Barnet 1

Goal for notts 

Who else but Langstaff
He now scored 26 now
It's notts county 3 Barnet 1

Substitution for notts 

Coming off Chicksen 

Coming on Vincent 

• Like 1

And breathe… Was anyone worried at half-time? I wasn’t 🤥 😅

Got to give everyone credit for that turn-around, like to hear what people thought about our first goal, was it controversial? Sounded like it wasn’t a head injury and it’s up to the ref to stop the game. It’s a competitive contact game after all and one of my bug-bears is players kicking the ball out for players who aren’t actually injured.

Great result, even though Wrexham dropped points we’ve just got focus on us. We’re doing unbelievably well at the moment I love this team, just hope we can keep this winning run going!

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 1

Oh man, what a crazy game! The referee had moments where he seemed to not know what to do and, others where he invented his own rules. I don't think he was biased towards anyone and, did call things quite fair. Yet, missing the players who went down and not instructing them to get up or seek medical attention just seems wrong to me.

I think he knew Barnet was trying it on but he needed to be firmer.

The first half wasn't that bad, we had times were chances came but Notts tended to rush them. Their goal, 100% our fault and that needs stamping out of our gameplay.

I felt Notts could score, but it was one of those games I felt the opposition had more luck. @menzinho yes, I did worry.

I said to the lads, that we needed to bring Jones on and score at least before the 65th minute. If Barnet had scored a second, it would've been goodnight in my opinion. They started to make tactical changes, to inject pace and thankfully we started to get our act together.

Once we did score, I always felt we could go into win. 4-1 one is a bit flattering, but at the same time we did well in spells.

I thought Barnet played alright, a bit dirty and time wasted at 1-0 and 1-1, it suggests to me they felt their lead/draw would disappear. Their manager should've walked, total clown.

• Like 1

i really thought we was going to lose at first but it turned out to be a good game in the end, apart from the ref who i dont believe actually knew how to ref a game at all. He was ok at calling for fouls but it was like he had lost his cards especially when their manager deserved a red.

• Like 1

Slocombe - 7.5 - Not at fault for their opener. Did his job well and made the right choice again and again.

Chicksen - 7.5 - Another goal. Can't say I quite made it out in the Kop. Solid at the back and good positions going forward. Doesn't skin a man, but that isn't his forte. 

Cameron - 8 - Thought he was excellent. Barely a foot wrong. 

Baldwin - 5 - Wayward passes, making wrong choices, bad touches... it's going to happen with the role he plays. 

Chicksen - 7.5 - Another goal. In the right position at the right time, again. Solid at the back and good positions going forward. Doesn't skin a man, but that isn't his forte. 

Rawlinson - 7 - Love Rawlo. Warrior.

TAR - 6 - Decent going forward, but was run ragged by their winger. 

Palmer - 5.5 - Gets away with 'bad' (as in below par for him) performances sometimes. Didn't get away with it here, was terrible in the first half. Improved in the second. 

Bostock - 6.5 - Poor in the first half. Improved considerably in the second.

Rodrigues - 6 - A little bit off it tonight. Tries all the risky balls and majority didn't come off today, but didn't shy away and kept trying the balls. Think he hit the post, too.

Scott - 8 - Rats around and does a lot of stuff that goes unnoticed. Scores - again. Could've been an assist - couldn't tell from the Kop. 

Langstaff - 8 - His goal looked superb, but again would like to see the replay. See he was attributed the fourth - not sure how much of a touch he got on that.

Jones - 7.5 - Thought he was threatening again. Some questionable defensive actions, but you expect that when you have a winger in a defensive role.

Austin - 7 - Good contribution off the bench.

Vincent - 7.5 - Thought he was excellent off the bench. Great touches, desire.... everything you want.

• Like 1

I didn't think Palmer played bad myself; I got more frustrated with Bostock for losing the ball or playing the rushed pass. I mean, when he played a good ball it worked so well, but he was guilty of doing what Rodrigues tends to do when he decides to go for glory, and by that I mean end up being extremely wasteful.

Second half Bostock did seem to get his act together.

Adebayo-Rowling for me was just poor, always trying to over do his runs towards being predictable when he was going to cross. Defensively clumsy in the first half too.

Baldwin had a shocker, but he did well at times and much better in the second half.