Wrexham owners at Wembley?

Piethagoram

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

As mentioned in the PON article, it’s fantastic that Ryan Reynolds is coming to wish Notts well at Wembley. It’s usual for the owners of the winning team of the National League to attend. Fans are talking about him doing an interview, but that’s not why he’ll be there. I believe it shows something positive for both Notts and Wrexham and may also draw some interest in Notts.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There will probably be other famous people, such as ex-footballers, too. I think the fact that Ryan and Rob have extended their well-wishes is only a positive for our club. Everyone will have a different take, I get that, and I don't personally see a problem.

People need to remember that this comment came from a Talk Sport interview with Ben Tozer, who mentioned it.

As for singing "You can shove your Ryan Reynolds up your arse", I get the feeling he would find that funny 100%. Yet on the grand stand, it becomes less whimsical and more childish, especially since he's wishing our club well.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

I would appreciate additional support, as anyone who supports the mighty Magpies in their quest for promotion back to the Football League is all that matters. Perhaps Ryan is now a secret supporter of Notts? After all, who wouldn’t be impressed by our stadium, tea ladies and, of course, the new gourmet food van.

• Like 4

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Some people may have an issue with this given who he is, owner of the team we've slugged it out with over the course of the season for the title, and I do get that. As for myself I don't have an issue with it, I can't see this being anything other than a good thing for Notts. 

Any chants that come his way as @Chrismentioned, he'll take them all day long and just laugh them off.

I genuinely feel like he wants us to go up. Especially with how highly he's spoken of Notts during the season and being very vocal on the 3 up 3 down situation. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

@KB1862 Yes, he wants Notts to go up. The competition between Wrexham has made him look at us differently. Who knows if it’s just because he’s a nice guy or down to Notts earning his respect. I don’t feel he’s motivated by media attention or trying to do interviews. He’s one of the most well-known actors in the world. Although, I do think Rob McElhenney has a bit of an ego. They’re both funny people and seem to just want the right teams to go up.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

as i said in the pon article, i praise it and think that its a kind gesture for them both to wish notts all the best. allow people to have their opinion, provided they dont try to argue with me or make our club look bad, their opinion is theirs to have.

im delighted to see it.

• Like 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

Wow, I have seen some desperate people in my life but none so desperate to do what that chant suggests! I said, they’re just Debbie Downers. I would applaud anything like that, it’s just water off a duck’s back. No, Super this one doesn’t talk and there’s no wise owl either! How about these Karens or Kens shove their favorite Deadpool figurine where the sun doesn’t shine? They might learn to like something new. But seriously, turn negatives into positives. Frowns into clowns and smiles into miles… WEMBLEY!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@CliftonMagpie I think it's a combination of him being a nice guy and also Notts earning his respect. 

Have to give Rob and Ryan credit though, they come across as decent owners. Attending games, talking sensible about Football and having the knowledge too. 

There's an opinion about them both being Hollywood but at least they do things for Wrexham that other owners like these don't. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Piethagoram that tweet is spot on. They do actually get involved, not just with their own club but football in general. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Why would it be weird? Notts have had a remarkable season just as much as Wrexham. What do you think @Piethagoram? Does anyone here object it? There’s always room to be classy towards your competition. That respect has been earned. I mean, come on, we’re all in this together. Let’s show some love and appreciation for the hard work and dedication that both teams have put in this season. Am I right or am I right?

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think some fans just feel overshadowed by the whole 'Welcome to Wrexham' and that it naturally takes the light away from the club. As for people, who believe that it's an effort to be interviewed. I hope they realise that it would happen just by walking down the street.

It's the way the media works: they generate a buzz and thrive on people like vampires.

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Dry Nelson Ray It's good for football that there is mutual appreciation and recognition, when sometimes, there are always some people who take a more divisive attitude. I just hope the footballing gods look down kindly on us tomorrow... The £1.5m income boost for being a member of the EFL is critical for our long term future...and would really welcome resuming battles with Wrexham next season in League 2

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Chris some of the light does get taken away from the club of course, due to him being who he is. I don't think it is or was ever his intention to be that way. It's also generated more eyes on the National League, which is a positive for everyone involved. 

Hopefully it doesn't become the Ryan Reynolds show, as the media can often turn things, and it's purely about the football. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

The £1.5m income boost for being a member of the EFL is critical for our long term future...and would really welcome resuming battles with Wrexham next season in League 2

I mean, let’s be real. Playing at a higher level can be like winning the lottery, but with better odds. But the outgoing revenue? That’s like the hangover after a wild night out. That’s why Wrexham is such a solid business model. I’m sure the owners of Notts felt the same way. It’s all about managing costs and keeping things self-sustaining. 

6 minutes ago, KB1862 said:

Hopefully it doesn't become the Ryan Reynolds show, as the media can often turn things, and it's purely about the football. 

And don’t worry, this isn’t going to turn into the Ryan Reynolds show. Sure, BT Sport might try to catch a glimpse of as they pan around the stadium, but it’s not about stealing the spotlight. It’s about sharing this moment with you guys, both in spirit and in person. And trust me, there will be plenty of folks in Wrexham watching from their local pubs. Wayne Jones already gave them the heads up. It’s all good vibes if you’re a glass-half-full kind of person.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Dry Nelson Ray yeah I think the football will take number 1 priority and be the true showcase. Sometimes the media enjoys to take it away for something like this. I can't see that being the case though. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

its quite mad that after this season, how wrexham has gone from being rivals to showing us great sportsmanship. i wished if we had gone up automatically, our fans would have shown that class.

• Love 2

@liampie well some of the fans may have. Others, however, have maintained throwing the digs on social media. But, it does show great sportsmanship in this regard of showing support to us. 

• Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Why not? It's a nice gesture and it's not like he's depriving anyone of a seat. The Independent calling it "weird" for someone who loves football to attend a football match is a really mean spirited take on it. 

Of course the press will be interested in him, he's an A lister. But who cares? From 3.30pm tomorrow the whole focus will be on the team and the big prize. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,294
  • Days Won:  69

9 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

Why not? It's a nice gesture and it's not like he's depriving anyone of a seat. The Independent calling it "weird" for someone who loves football to attend a football match is a really mean spirited take on it. 

Of course the press will be interested in him, he's an A lister. But who cares? From 3.30pm tomorrow the whole focus will be on the team and the big prize. 

The media always try to create controversy and unfortunately there are always some who like to join in negatively. I'm pleased most Notts fans embrace RR's gesture the way he intends it

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  5

Some fans act more immaturely than my younger cousins. It’s embarrassing that we are preparing to go to Wembley and all some fans can do is complain or moan about someone wishing us luck. It’s amazing how some fans just like to be critical of things rather than being happy about where our club is.

• Like 2