The Weekly- 14/5-21/5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  9
  • 𝕏:  twitter Megan_Elizax

Welcome back to The Weekly! 

As some members of the group know, I used to do a weekly round up. This was for members of the forum to share what they were doing with their weeks. 

It's been a week since the lads won promotion under the arch. So, have you been reliving the fun by watching the highlights, rewatching the match or by watch the videos that media team have been releasing? 

I've not been up to much this week. Last Sunday, me, @ARLukomski and some of our friends went out and celebrated, with a couple of drinks. 

Yesterday, @ARLukomski and I went and toured a theatre. We got to see what a working theatre was like. We saw a set of a current show, along with some props and some costumes. I was such a treat to see the behind the scenes. After we did that we went and played pool. 

In-between all the that, we were both working. 

How has your week been and have you been up to much? 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

monday to friday, i worked from 8am to 5pm. we have a lot of crates that are now being stored in the car park. wrapped up in clingfilm, with multiple waterproofing and weatherproofing sheets over them. it means i have had to rely on the bus to work. i dont mind, it gives me time to come on here or just listen to music. i would bike it but the last time i did that, someone popped my tyres and i had to walk it home.

in the evening i try to get on here as much as i can, i have been speaking a little to @super_ram at the start but i dont like bothering people.

yesterday, i relaxed and just spent time on my computer browsing pon, facebook and twitter. also a few other sites. today, i went on a bike from beeston to clifton to see my mum. i spent a bit of time with her then cycled home.

its been really nice out, the breeze was not cold but it kept you at the right temperature.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I spent a lot of time watching the Wembley videos of the match and afterwards.

We try to do a walk everyday to keep relatively fit, we don’t walk far these days as Mrs Fan of Big Tone struggles a little but just do what we can around the local area.

Apart from that not much happening really, being retired we get up when we want, eat when we want and go to bed when we want, it’s great.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Monday: I woke up early and got ready for work. I work for a media company in Manchester that owns two popular online sites and a magazine. The online sites produce content about celebrities, life, interest and general stories. The magazine focuses on health. I walked from my apartment to the office, which is a lot easier than commuting from Leeds to Sheffield, where I used to work before. At work, I had a meeting with my editor and some colleagues to discuss the upcoming articles and deadlines. I also did some research and wrote a draft for a story about the latest trends in fitness.

Tuesday: I continued working on my story and interviewed some experts and influencers in the health industry. I also edited some photos and videos for the online sites. I had lunch with a friend who works at another media company nearby. We chatted about our projects and exchanged some tips and gossip. After work, I went to the gym and did a yoga class. I felt relaxed and energised.

Wednesday: I finished my story and submitted it to my editor for review. I also helped out with some other tasks, such as updating the social media accounts and responding to some comments and messages from the readers. I had a coffee break with one of my co-workers who is also a good friend. We talked about our plans for the weekend and shared some jokes. After work, I went to a pub with some other friends and had a few drinks and snacks.

Thursday: I got some feedback from my editor and made some revisions to my story. I also started working on a new story for the magazine, which is about the benefits of meditation. I contacted some sources and scheduled some interviews for the next day. I had lunch at a nice café near the office and enjoyed a delicious salad and a smoothie. After work, I went to a bookstore and browsed through some books and magazines. I bought a novel that looked interesting.

Friday: I did the interviews for my new story and took some notes. I also wrote an outline and a summary for the article. I also checked the online sites and the magazine for any errors or updates. I had lunch with my editor and we discussed our progress and feedback. He praised me for my work and gave me some suggestions for improvement. After work, I went to a cinema with my friend and watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol III. We had a great time.

Saturday: I slept in and had a lazy morning. I made myself some pancakes and coffee and read the novel that I bought on Thursday. It was very engaging and entertaining. I also did some laundry and cleaned my apartment. In the afternoon. I also packed my bags and took a train from Manchester to Nottingham where my dad picked me up front the train station.

Sunday: I woke up in my old bedroom, spoke to my parents, they were happy to see me, and we caught up about what's been happening. We had a family lunch together and caught up on each other's lives. My parents asked me about my work, my life, my friends and my health. They were proud of me and supportive of me. We also played some board games and watched some TV shows together. It was a nice day. I have re-packed my bags, I will be heading home after 6pm.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I've been continuing with trying to sort things in the house(with help from family) that couldn't be done while @GrannyPie's bed,rotunda and hoist etc were in place..We had some floorboards replaced a few years ago but this couldn't be completed because of the bed,There's only so much moving around could be done.Also I cut our long hedge on Wednesday and I'm now weeding and generally tidying up the long neglected garden,weather  permitting and when I feel like it.

Today I had a visit from  @Chris with @super_pie and @william1984 with Luna(The Whirlwind) which was very nice.

9 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Apart from that not much happening really, being retired we get up when we want, eat when we want and go to bed when we want, it’s great.

Also being retired ,just like @Fan of Big Tone everything in my own time.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I celebrated @super_pie's birthday on Monday, we went to see @super_ram on Tuesday.... I feel like Craig David.. 😂

Wednesday is a blur. I wasn't feeling well, so I mostly rested and did PON related things. Thursday, I celebrated my birthday a day before as Jake was out until 10pm due to his explorer's group and college. We had something to eat together. Friday was busy with PON, as I was yesterday. Today, I went out for a few hours and had a walk. Popped by @super_ram as promised.

• Like 3

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

1 hour ago, liampie said:

monday to friday, i worked from 8am to 5pm. we have a lot of crates that are now being stored in the car park. wrapped up in clingfilm, with multiple waterproofing and weatherproofing sheets over them. it means i have had to rely on the bus to work. i dont mind, it gives me time to come on here or just listen to music. i would bike it but the last time i did that, someone popped my tyres and i had to walk it home.

in the evening i try to get on here as much as i can, i have been speaking a little to @super_ram at the start but i dont like bothering people.

yesterday, i relaxed and just spent time on my computer browsing pon, facebook and twitter. also a few other sites. today, i went on a bike from beeston to clifton to see my mum. i spent a bit of time with her then cycled home.

its been really nice out, the breeze was not cold but it kept you at the right temperature.

@liampie ,It's always nice to hear from you or anyone else who may wish to contact me.I may sometimes take a while to reply ,though, as I don't always notice messages immediately(or sometimes for days)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

## Monday, May 15th
Woke up at 7 am, feeling groggy and tired. Had a quick breakfast of toast and coffee, then rushed to catch the bus to work. Spent the whole day in meetings and answering emails, nothing exciting. Came home around 6 pm, ordered pizza and watched some Netflix. Fell asleep on the couch around 10 pm.

## Tuesday, May 16th
(Work)

## Wednesday, May 17th
(Work)

## Thursday, May 18th
Woke up at 8 am, feeling refreshed and energetic. Decided to take a day off from work and go for a hike in the nearby park. Packed some sandwiches and water, and headed out. Enjoyed the fresh air and the scenic views, met some friendly people and cute dogs along the way. Took some photos to remember the hike. Got back home around 4 pm, feeling happy and relaxed. Cooked some pasta and salad for dinner, then read a book before going to bed.

## Friday, May 19th
Woke up at 7 am, feeling motivated and ready to work. Had a bowl of cereal and a glass of juice, then got dressed and drove to work. Had a productive day, finished some important tasks and got praised by my boss. Went home around 5 pm, packed my bags and drove to Nottingham with my girlfriend. Checked into a hotel and had dinner at a nice restaurant. Went for a walk around the city center and admired the architecture and the lights. Went back to the hotel and cuddled with my girlfriend.

## Saturday, May 20th
Woke up at 9 am, feeling happy and in love. Had breakfast at the hotel and then went to explore the outside of Nottingham Castle. Learned about its history and legends, took some selfies with the statue of Robin Hood. Went to a nearby pub for lunch and had some fish and chips. Spent the afternoon visiting some museums and art galleries, saw some interesting exhibits and paintings. Went back to the hotel for a nap and then got ready for a night out. Went to a comedy club and laughed at some hilarious jokes. Had a drink at a bar but didn't get drunk.

## Sunday, May 21st
Woke up at 10 am, feeling relaxed and refreshed. Checked out of the hotel and drove to the Park Area of Nottingham. Walked around the green spaces and looked at the caves that are all barred off but fun to explore still. Imagined what it would be like to live in them or hide in them from enemies. Had a picnic on the grass with my girlfriend and enjoyed the sunshine. Drove back home around 4 pm, feeling satisfied and content. Made some chicken and rice for dinner, then watched a documentary on Netflix. Wrote this diary entry before going to bed.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

I worked from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. Occasionally, I ate out, but mostly I had a packed lunch. Nothing noteworthy happened during this time as I spent every day contributing to PON. I re-joined Facebook after forgetting the password to my old account and have been making new friends in the Nottingham community. For the past two days, I have been relaxing and posting on social media. I had planned to do something more adventurous today, but I couldn’t be bothered.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  732
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Megan_Elizax said:

Yesterday, @ARLukomski and I went and toured a theatre. We got to see what a working theatre was like. We saw a set of a current show, along with some props and some costumes. I was such a treat to see the behind the scenes. After we did that we went and played pool. 

That sounds like a lot of fun! I’ve always wanted to see how a theatre works behind the scenes. What show was it? Did you win at pool?

@ARLukomski, you are one of the best commenters on this site. You always made me think and laugh. I hope you are well and happy. Please make your comeback and grace us with your presence again.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  9
  • 𝕏:  twitter Megan_Elizax

@heraldmagpie We had fun thank you. Titanic: The musical was on, but we didn't watch it, unfortunately. I lost all the games we played 

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Unfortunately, I became unwell with chest pains and was taken back to the hospital where I had been since my last visit until late Saturday. I was told that I need to have a pacemaker put in. I think the decision to take on a home to fix up has been my undoing, but I am still feeling positive. I had no issues while working; I put my feet up and tried to settle down, but I am repeatedly in the hospital. I am not after sympathy; I am in great spirits. Let me tell you, I miss the blooming NHS for sure. The bills for hospitals are enough to give you heart trouble.

• Sad 2

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
4 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

Unfortunately, I became unwell with chest pains and was taken back to the hospital where I had been since my last visit until late Saturday. I was told that I need to have a pacemaker put in. I think the decision to take on a home to fix up has been my undoing, but I am still feeling positive. I had no issues while working; I put my feet up and tried to settle down, but I am repeatedly in the hospital. I am not after sympathy; I am in great spirits. Let me tell you, I miss the blooming NHS for sure. The bills for hospitals are enough to give you heart trouble.

@AmericanPie  I know you said you weren’t after sympathy but I’m really sorry to hear of your health issues, I do hope the heart monitor helps to settle your heart down, my wife had a funny turn whilst we were away, we spent 36 hours in Kings Lynn hospital A&E department, she needs a monitor fitted to check her heart, that was around 6 weeks ago, she’s still waiting, I’m afraid the NHS is not as good as you may remember.

Take it easy my friend.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1