Championship play off

gtownjohnno

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  378
  • Days Won:  1

After watching yesterday's game I was amazed at the power pace and skill of all the players........ Hate to say it...... But i reckon we have a long way to go before we will be able to match that..... I hope LW has a plan to get us to that level....... Sooner rather than later.... 

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

We shouldn't draw comparisons between our team and those in the Championship; however, it is worth considering the increased amount of time afforded on the ball. Many opponents encourage attacks, preferring to gain possession and utilise their quick players to create difficulties. We possess a few individuals who could potentially achieve success at a higher level, but it is crucial to concentrate on our strengths as a competitive League Two squad, at least for the time being.

Advancing to establish ourselves as a League One team might be a gradual process, and we as fans must acknowledge and accept this reality, especially if we wish to avoid regressing in the future.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  389
  • Days Won:  0

It's a completely separate level, isn't it? We are far away from those teams that invest millions into their players. Although I have high hopes to see Notts at an elevated level, I am content for the club to grow in the right way and give the necessary time needed to achieve those greater standards.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  5

If Notts are to achieve promotion to the Championship, it will undoubtedly result from perseverance and determination. There is a substantial amount that the club must address, but for the time being, such worries should be set aside. It is crucial that we exercise patience and anticipate our time to shine, as everyone should be duly cautioned.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i think luke williams knows our level, what the players have in them and we just need to get back into league one first. we are good enough for that, but promotion is earned and not given. by time notts does make it to the championship i believe we will be ready for the challenge.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

The teams at the upper end of the Championship are different from those mid-table and lower. Only a few teams are really Premier League ready. Luton fans will be on cloud nine but should wonder how they can survive relegation. Are they even upper Championship quality? I think they’ve been a fantastic team but not anything truly above mid-table. They’ve done amazing things to be promoted and that has to be respected. Quite a few of the teams in the Championship aren’t much better than League One teams. We can’t compare the squad yet; it might take time, but that’s football.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I'm impressed with the strides the club has taken in recent years. Achieving promotion to the Championship would be a significant milestone for the team, and it would be a clear indication of how far we've come. I have faith that our squad will continue to adapt and improve as we strive for success at the highest level. It's important that we maintain a strong sense of identity as a club and remain organic and different from others. By doing so, we can continue to move forward and progress towards our goals. I appreciate that our level may not remain the same in 5 or 19 years' time, but I'm hopeful that we'll have made more significant progress by then. Ultimately, I believe that if we continue to focus on developing our team and building on our strengths, we'll achieve great things and make our mark on British football.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Teams can improve rapidly, and it’s uncertain who will successfully make the step-up. In 2–3 years, we could see a player like Connell Rawlinson, who some have dismissed, performing at his very best. The point is, we don’t know what will happen. Let’s focus on becoming a strong club at the League Two level before aiming for promotion and repeating the process in League One.

• Like 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If Notts County is promoted to the Championship, we will have to step up our game to meet the level of competition. We should already be in a good place to compete with the best of the best by then.

It would be foolish if we didn't adapt, so there's no worry about this squad we have now and that which might play in the Championship. Our style of play would befit the league, though, with our defence. Would be the main area which would need a bit of focus. By this stage we would no doubt have a new number one. Ideally, someone young and with plenty of room to further improve.