Reading vs Posting: How do you manage your time on PON?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I’m curious to know how you use the Pride of Nottingham and what you enjoy about it. I’ll share my own habits and thoughts first.

I try to visit most days, but sometimes I find it difficult to sit with my computer at the moment. The Pride of Nottingham is the source that keeps me feeling connected to Notts. Reading views on Notts is like having a third eye. I read what posters say and take it on board, but I also form my own opinion.

I like the topics about what members are doing in their lives. I feel this gives a good sense of community. Instead of just a username you may discuss Notts with, you see their real person and I encourage these types more.

I don’t have a routine as such. I will check the articles for new stories, but sometimes I go straight to my notifications. I try to post comments to at least 10 items per day. Sometimes, just out of enjoyment, I do quite a lot more. I try to add value in everything I write and I take pride in that. I enjoy seeing people reply to my discussions. It’s interesting to see and read members’ opinions.

What about you? What are your habits like? How many posts do you reply to on average? Do you read the articles? Do you read content and choose not to reply? How often do you visit per day?

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I admit that since my return to PoN I’ve become a bit obsessed with checking it, so if I’m not going out I can pop on any time of day on my iPad or phone, in fact if I’m out I’ve been known to check on things. I generally come here first thing in the morning and last thing at night as a minimum.

I don’t always reply to content only if I find it interesting, I enjoy creating topics and like you @AmericanPie I enjoy the posts about everyday life although I try to be careful not to give too much personal information away.

I’m a bit lax on reading the articles sometimes especially when the same topic is on as a forum post. I generally check on notifications first and then unread topics to see who’s been posting.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,727
  • Days Won:  27

When I first come onto PON, I instantly check my notifications, but unless I am busy, I will head to try to post to a couple of discussions. I am quite active; I enjoy reading the articles written and think the fan features are the best out there for Notts fans. I would say I average 5-15 posts per day, but it all depends on my time. I read topics; as a mod, I take it seriously to make sure I have covered enough of the posts.

If I choose not to reply, it’s either because I can’t add anything of value or because I intend to think about it, to which I go back.

• Like 3
  • Love 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I read all the articles, but I usually don't reply except for features because now I'm responsible for writing the front end content since JJ is no longer active. I believe because fans take their time to contribute, the least I can do is give a detailed reply. That's what I try to aim to do.

Simon Clark's content is undeniably enjoyable, and personally, his work stands out as one of my favorites.

Forum posts, I reply to everything. I must revitalize my engagement with the blogs and encourage the members of the Facebook group to extract valuable content from both the forum and blogs, since I intend to boost the promotion of said content through social media.

I always reply to messages and put in maximum effort because I believe starting a discussion deserves attention.

My routine now, is to come find a good discussion. I share that out via Facebook and Twitter. I come and do a few posts, then I start planning what else will go out on social media. Between checking for Notts news, then coming back to post. Usually, after 3PM, I start doing my daily server maintenance to keep everything smooth. I make sure everything is update and I try to find time to resolve any issues which may occur.

PON for me is like a full time job, it's a privilege, and I am very lucky.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Days Won:  2

When I first joined PON, I used to read more than I would post. I would post until I felt I had nothing left to say or felt bored. Not because of PON, but there’s only so much writing you can do. Now I focus on the news stories, which are great, and I reply to a few topics when they pique my interest.

• Like 5

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

I tend to come on PoN check notifications and then check out the topics that are being discussed and have an input on topics that catch my eye and I feel like I can contribute to. 

I try to keep as up to date as I can with everything that's going on here but sometimes I haven't got time getting round to doing so. 

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I read all the articles and know how important they play in any site. I think Chris does a great job making sure they are done. It’s not as easy as people would think. I write and enjoy it as a living, but I do have days where I would rather do something else.

I post as a rule 3-5 posts per day, sometimes more and very rarely less.

As for my notifications, I tend to only check them when I expect something good. At the moment, since so many are coming through, I am checking daily, but it’s people replying or quoting me that I want to see.

P.S. I tend to open 3 to 4 pages, then interact with the comments by giving likes and reactions. Then I reply one by one to each of the loaded content. I re-read and might make changes. Once I am happy, I will post them one by one.

• Like 5

Supporter+
52 minutes ago, TheSkipper said:

it’s people replying or quoting me that I want to see.

There you go, you’re welcome. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 4

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

funny @Fan of Big Tone, i have missed this type of laughter!

i post to everything and i try my hardest to make it of value, i want to support those who put time in making a contribution. my comments might not be the best, but they are written with the best of my intention.

i usually dont have many things to post to because i am on point with discussions, but i have had a few days where i have come to my surprise to see quite a few new items.

when i see them, i try to make sure i have not missed any.

my routine is to comment on what has the biggest priority with what time i have.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

I used to be a lurker and have read a lot. The community seemed very inviting even before I joined. I must admit, I was put off by the idea of joining in because I don't like confrontation. However, I took the plunge and it's been very enjoyable so far.

I post to what I see, maybe 2 or 3 times. When time permits, I try to visit the site a few times per day. The articles are what drew me to the site; they are very well written.

• Like 3

Supporter+
4 minutes ago, BlackandWhitePie said:

I used to be a lurker and have read a lot. The community seemed very inviting even before I joined. I must admit, I was put off by the idea of joining in because I don't like confrontation. However, I took the plunge and it's been very enjoyable so far.

I post to what I see, maybe 2 or 3 times. When time permits, I try to visit the site a few times per day. The articles are what drew me to the site; they are very well written.

Hopefully you won’t encounter any confrontation here @BlackandWhitePie if any occurs it is dealt with swiftly by the moderators. 👍

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Hopefully you won’t encounter any confrontation here @BlackandWhitePie if any occurs it is dealt with swiftly by the moderators. 👍

I am certain that I won’t have my opinions and thoughts shot down. I am just mindful, I suppose. Everyone perceives things differently, which creates contrast.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

I tend to read more than what I probably post; I usually check the forums first, but the article section has been great for the past few weeks. I find myself going there first from time to time; I post to discussions mostly when in the mood. I may come on two to three times, even more. It might just be once, but I probably average a fair few posts per day.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I read like 5-8 posts per visit. Sometimes I go back and re-read what others have posted since. I have been trying to keep an eye on if any of the members need help and commenting on a few more posts. I read the articles and have been interacting with them. I wouldn’t say I’m stuck in a routine as I change all the time.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

Once I have completed my rounds and checks during my shift, I come in here and browse through discussions that interest me. I read them and then decide whether or not to comment. I do not limit what I look for and simply load a random amount. I usually reply to most of them while continuing with my work. The articles are of a high standard and I enjoy reading them, but it is the discussions that intrigue me the most.