Neil Warnock

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

I came across this video that's currently doing the rounds on social media and it just about sums up what a character Neil Warnock is. He's the gift that keeps giving 🤣

Also, check Warnock out on Kammy and Ben's proper football podcast. Could listen to him for hours. 

Anyone got any other great Warnock moments? There's surely plenty out there 😅

• Haha 11

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Neil Warnock comes across like Del Boy from Only Fools and Horses here. I thought it was going to be about a young player who had gone further in his career, like Harry Maguire. I didn’t expect it to be a story about him not paying for decorating and instead giving the person’s son 20 minutes in a friendly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

@TheSkipper I thought the same like someone breaking through either going on to further themselves or ending up falling off not to avoid paying the dad for decorating 😅

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I heard a story where he took players on a “team building” trip to a ten pin bowling alley, he suggested before they started playing that it would be fun to put some money in a kitty and the winner would take the money, the players all agreed. They weren’t very happy when he opened his bag and he’d got his own bowling shoes and ball, it turned out he played in a league and wiped the floor with them and took the money. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

Can you imagine being that 14-year-old? I bet an account of the story would be interesting to hear. If they were a good player, imagine what sort of spotlight those 20 minutes could have done for him. Just for the bragging rights alone, it’s one hell of a story.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Those who know Neil, will say this is the classic story of him (not that I know him) but I have heard stories from ex players of our clubs.

I was going to share an encounter I had with Neil, where he gave a former manager of mine a taste of her own attitude, but I won't. It was a strange and funny experience, with ex-Notts players doing their best to get me in trouble (in a joking way). Neil went to a wedding anniversary party for a former player from our club. Many players from his time were there, including Tommy Johnson and Mark Draper, who knew me.

The latter two pretty much hi-jacked me whilst waitering, as they did the conga. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

hahahahaha haha 😂

what a manager, i wonder how many times he pulled this trick off? the amount of clubs hes managed he could have fully renovated his home for free. 😛

@Chris that sounds hilirous!

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

This is one of the funniest football stories I have heard: a manager who settled his bill by giving a lad 20 minutes in a friendly. Haha!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Neil Warnock sounds like a real character. I have seen videos of him ranting at his players and then snapping back into a nice guy. I have seen him kick water bottles in anger, argue with officials, and this is probably the funniest thing.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  224
  • Days Won:  1

Can anyone blame him? It’s a stroke of genius to get the job done at the cost of 20 minutes in a pre-season friendly. Neil Warnock is a clever and cunning bugger for sure.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I’m sure there are many more stories like this from Neil Warnock’s career. He is a character and a very funny person, whether he means to be or not. However, he is also a very strict boss.

• Like 1

@AmericanPie absolutely, he can switch it on and off whenever he wants. He knows how to deal with situations in his own way and it works for him. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

I was really sad that his night at the Playhouse was postponed. It would have been a great post-promotion party.  Looking forward to the rearranged gig.

• Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

@KB1862 I wouldn’t want to be on the end of his rant; I think I would prefer one from Alex Ferguson because I don’t think it would be as intimidating. Plus, I would find it hard to understand and not laugh at him.