Player Ratings v Donny

Super_Danny_Allsopp

Stone - 8 - though he made some excellent saves and let down for the clean sheet. Distribution good on the whole.

Baldwin - 6.5 - Decent, too many wayward simple passes.

Brindley - 9 - Again excellent in that role. Reads the game so we'll and his technical ability is excellent.

Cameron - 6.5 - Good on the whole, couple of cameron-esque mistakes. Not sure how he didn't get a yellow for diving on the ball and purposely handelling it.

Austin - 7.5 - A bit quiet in the first half, but his constant energy caused them issues in the second. Good deliveries.

Crowley - 7 - more quiet than usual, but kept it tidy and put some great balls in the box.

Palmer - 7 - quiet, but kept things ticking.

Bostock - 7 - looks a step above at times, however always has an error in him and almost did a Boreham wood V2 where he sells the defender short on a pass.

Jones - 8 - Menace down that side and got the goal he deserved.

Mcgoldrick - 5.5 - Didn't really work for him today.

Langstaff - 8.5 - Almost got his hat trick and was a little bit more involved in some play today. Warrior.

JOB - 5 - Looked good when he came on, but caught on the ball in our own box to surrender our clean sheet with seconds remaining. 

Nemane - 6 - Didn't do a lot going forward, but tidy enough elsewhere. 

Rawlo - 6 - Decent.

Chicksen - 6 - Steady.

Scott - 6.5 - Thought he looked good when he came on. Few nearly moments.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I would nudge McGoldrick up to at least a 6, as he worked hard and most of his play came from Stone blasting the ball up to him. When it was at his feet, he did okay but was heavily marked. I wouldn't say he was poor, just more average.

Chicksen played well as a sub, bringing another dynamic into our attack. 6 is a fair rating I feel.

I also thought Bostock was fantastic in midfield, handling Doncaster's rough and pushing approach. He won the ball back several times, only for a different player to lose it.

Overall, I can't disagree with the original ratings that much.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

David McGoldrick performed well in the first half. We shouldn't have persistently sent hopeless balls to him, and I agree that when he had the ball at his feet, he did well. He drew fouls, sometimes without them being awarded, and his yellow card was a foolish move on his part, knowing that cards were being given.

• Like 3

i would say @Super_Danny_Allsopp has the scores reflecting quite well, i think mcgoldrick did do okay in the first half but grew out of the game. he has played a lot of minutes, so it is understandable. i dont think o'brien was poor, he just got caught out with a costly mistake but he did not get much time to be rated much higher.

• Like 3

I find it challenging to assign distinct ratings to the performances; I believe the initial assessment provided is reasonable. David McGoldrick faced the challenge of handling difficult passes and had limited involvement in the game, so I'm inclined to concur.

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing the player ratings. I watched the game and thought we played very well. I was a little disappointed when they scored, and after Chicksen’s goal was deemed offside. I think we stopped attacking the game creatively after that point, and it became more about holding the ball, which led to the mistake that allowed them to score.