Match Discussion: Game 5 - Super White Army (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

Today’s result was fantastic, with the game being thoroughly enjoyable from beginning to end. There were moments of back-and-forth play, which was a delight to witness. The significance of the three points gained today is beyond words. They have not only boosted Notts’ standing but also underscored the tremendous effort being put into the club, especially considering the initial challenges.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  367
  • Days Won:  0

The players did us proud today by hanging onto the win. It was unfortunate to see Cedwyn Scott go off and us concede. We played exceptionally well and completely deserved the win. The performances were very good too, and we could have scored a lot more. Hopefully, Luke Williams will hold back on making all the changes at once, as it could cost us, but I don’t hold it against him. I just feel it would be better to reserve at least one substitution for the dying moments of the game, unless we are comfortably winning.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

Very impressive performance, for large parts of it we made Tranmere look like a Sunday League team. The way we passed it around them was breathtaking at times and we really should have scored more than two.

Then came the substitutions. I've said before, just because you can use five subs, it doesn't mean you should. Replacing half your outfield players stops any momentum in its tracks, then you have the situation we found ourselves in yesterday with Scott coming off injured. That's incredibly unlucky and could have happened in the three subs era as well, but with five substitutions available and in the position we were in it just seems so unnecessary to take that risk. But we've got the three points we deserved and it's hopefully a lesson learned.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  2

What a great win! Keep flying high, Magpies. You are looking very good. I have been watching your highlights, and when your team performs well, they are unstoppable. There were some good signs against Tranmere, on top of those two excellent goals. I am pleased for you!

Edited by nightOWL
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

9 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Then came the substitutions. I've said before, just because you can use five subs, it doesn't mean you should. Replacing half your outfield players stops any momentum in its tracks, then you have the situation we found ourselves in yesterday with Scott coming off injured.

It really is a similar comparison to not choosing a backup keeper on your bench, it's one of those things which you can't predict.

The moment Cedwyn Scott went down, I knew he wasn't going to be able to play.

I think it was @menzinho who compared Scott's to Baj's, Scott hobbled but managed to walk, so hopefully it's not as serious. He will be back stronger, as that's his attitude and I wish him a speedy recovery. I do wonder what caused the injury.

• Like 5

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,502
  • Days Won:  9

It was an excellent team performance, with urgency and patience at the right time. Notts knew when to press and create chances, very unlucky not to have beaten Tranmere Rovers by at least 5 goals. Macaulay Langstaff, Dan Crowley’s blazing miss, David McGoldrick’s post-hitting effort. So many very good chances which Luke Williams should be delighted to see Notts produce. We still need to find a test like Gillingham or MK Dons, but the confidence is lifting by the game.

A very good win for Notts.

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Days Won:  5

It was end-to-end at the start, but Notts had the best of chances. Tranmere tried to huff and puff, but they didn’t get anywhere. Cedwyn’s injury turned the game on its head. It gave Tranmere the surge to believe they could get something; it shows the real quality that our 11 has and how defiant we are in protecting leads when going down to 10 men. It’s much easier to hold leads than to come back from disadvantages when teams have goals and you have fewer players on the pitch. Excellent win, long may it continue.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

@nightOWL Thank you, we appreciate your kind words. It’s nice to see a fan of a different team wishing us well. There used to be quite a group of them on here at one point.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  455
  • Days Won:  2

The performance was top-notch, from start to finish. I always felt confident that a good result would come. There was a spell when Tranmere wanted to take advantage of us being down to 10 men, but it was superb to see us tighten up and defend. If anything, it made the game more entertaining. I think they will eventually start to do better. They are a good side going forward and I hope they would be inclined to agree that we are one of the best attacking teams in this league.

• Like 1

• liampie unfeatured this topic