Bank Holiday Weekend Plans

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It’s a bank holiday weekend so let’s hope for decent weather. What have you got planned? 

For me it’s Park Run tomorrow then Meadow Lane for the match. Sunday no plans as yet and Monday another of my famous bbq’s, just me and Mrs T because the family are away but we’ve got a chicken so I’ll spatchcock it and stick it on the barbie, weather permitting.

What are you lot up to this weekend?

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  224
  • Days Won:  1

I have no plans except for watching Notts vs Tranmere. It should be a good game. I noticed that storms are forecasted, with the potential to continue over the weekend. I hope all Notts fans who read my comment enjoy their weekend. If you are down at Meadow Lane tomorrow, make sure you bring your singing voice.

• Like 8

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'll be at Meadow Lane tomorrow watching Notts, Sunday, I really must go over to see @super_ram.

I may start taking my laptop at times, so I can still do things as we chat. It's nice to have that down time but I would find a lot more time if I were still able to do things. It's like I don't have a life outside of this, but there is a level of attention required.

I still haven't had a walk with my brother for awhile, but hopefully we can sort something.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

i am just looking forward to having a quiet weekend, i have been very busy with work and it will be nice to just unwind. i dont plan on going out on sunday, i will just sit back and relax. i am going to the match tomorrow but that is to be expected. i am looking forward to it.

i hope everyone else enjoys their weekend.

• Like 6

Supporter+
50 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'll be at Meadow Lane tomorrow watching Notts, Sunday, I really must go over to see @super_ram.

I may start taking my laptop at times, so I can still do things as we chat. It's nice to have that down time but I would find a lot more time if I were still able to do things. It's like I don't have a life outside of this, but there is a level of attention required.

I still haven't had a walk with my brother for awhile, but hopefully we can sort something.

@Chris you need to find time for yourself and your family otherwise you’ll burn yourself out, you have a good team on here so delegate as much as you can and let others help.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

43 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@Chris you need to find time for yourself and your family otherwise you’ll burn yourself out, you have a good team on here so delegate as much as you can and let others help.

For sure, we do have a very good team.

I will be offloading things when I get a little more in the swing of things, the content before can be written by various contributors. It's about getting the flow right, then putting extensive paper work on the virtual desks of others and of course, getting deadlines for opinion pieces. 😛

I do get time to myself, so don't worry. :) 

I meant it more in the sense I could probably pop over most days, and nock some of his electric. In all seriousness, I did plan to do this way back, before things changed... 

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

If the weather permits, I’ll be heading to the park with some friends for a game of football. Some of them I don’t see very often due to leaving school, but we’ve decided to meet up for a kickabout. Like everyone else here, I’ll be at Meadow Lane tomorrow! :D

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I'm not sure really this weekend apart from general house stuff.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

I am just going to watch Notts this weekend. I do hope the weather is nice. If it rains, it will dampen the mood.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I am off work for a week, so I will be exploring my options. I am tempted to go to the Lincolnshire coast for a few days. First, I have a seat with my name on it. So, I will decide based on the weather but Saturday is all about match day for me.

• Like 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

I have just returned home from watching Notts play Tranmere Rovers, a very enjoyable afternoon. Tomorrow, I have no plans as of yet. It’s raining heavily now and it’s supposed to rain non-stop tomorrow. I might venture out at some point, we’ll see what happens.

• Like 2

Supporter+

If it rains all day today I’ll finish my jigsaw off, it’s a scene of Padstowe harbour with fishing boats and quayside bars etc. I’ve done most of it I just need to finish the sky so I have lots of white clouds and blue sky to fit in.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,727
  • Days Won:  27

I’m indulging in a bit of laziness before the work week kicks off again. Given the rain outside, I have no desire to venture out and get soaked. Instead, I’ll spend my time watching TV, playing on my PlayStation, and browsing the internet.

• Like 2

Anyone got any plans for tomorrow?

• Like 2

I did go over to see @super_ram for a few hours, we discussed Notts and Derby, along with our upcoming family break. We're granddad napping Super to give him a well-deserved break from Nottingham.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Since it rained most of the day I finished my jigsaw.

20D33BCF-BDD3-4851-A41D-B230334D9A58.jpeg

• Love 1

Supporter+
6 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@Fan of Big Tone Padstow Harbour!

Yes it is.

• Like 1

@Fan of Big Tone how long did it take you to complete? Looks like one of those where the pieces are quite small and similar. 

• Like 1

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

@Fan of Big Tone how long did it take you to complete? Looks like one of those where the pieces are quite small and similar. 

@cheeky~k8 it’s 1,000 pieces and took about 6-8 weeks, I just dipped in and out when the fancy took me so not every day. Yes a lot of the pieces were similar which makes it hard.

• Like 2

On 28/08/2023 at 12:19, Fan of Big Tone said:

@cheeky~k8 it’s 1,000 pieces and took about 6-8 weeks, I just dipped in and out when the fancy took me so not every day. Yes a lot of the pieces were similar which makes it hard.

It sounds like the types of jigsaws my nana does, theres always one on her table that shes doing over a long period of time, that looks similar in size and pieces.  They look good when done.

I have done quite a few of the 5d diamond painting types(small beads and pen type tool you stick on a picture thats been set for certain colours to make up a picture) thats about as close as ive got to a jigsaw coz they've never been something ive had the table space for long periods of time to complete.

• Like 1

Supporter+
44 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

I have done quite a few of the 5d diamond painting types(small beads and pen type tool you stick on a picture thats been set for certain colours to make up a picture)

@cheeky~k8 you’re in good company because Mrs. T does those while I do my jigsaw, she loves them, too fiddly for me though.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@cheeky~k8 you’re in good company because Mrs. T does those while I do my jigsaw, she loves them, too fiddly for me though.

Most are quite good and look good but i have found a few that don't match the detail that an actual picture would, like my pirate ship one.

• Like 2

Supporter+
7 hours ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Most are quite good and look good but i have found a few that don't match the detail that an actual picture would, like my pirate ship one.

@cheeky~k8 Mrs. T is a cat lover (well we both are) she is doing this one at the moment which is a good likeness of our cat Tilly although some of the colours are a bit odd.

7f465804-5263-43c9-a6e7-1d4594b20a66.jpeg

• Love 2