• Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

If I am not mistaken, this will be the first game of Notts that Sky has aired. I would have thought that the Grimsby or Tranmere Rovers match would have been appealing to them. However, it’s good to know that the Mansfield game will be live. It will be a good payday for the club.

• Like 10

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  1

I suspect that Notts County will try to sell out their full capacity for this game, which always looks impressive with the Sky cameras around. I am looking forward to recording the game, just to see what the pundits and host have to say about our club. It will make a change from putting up with BT Sports, who only started talking positively about us last season when we were doing phenomenally well.

• Like 10

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

It is great news that fans are being encouraged to attend games at the ground rather than watching from home. Experiencing the atmosphere of the KOP and other stands for the first time will be a truly impressive experience, especially during a televised game. There is nothing quite like being part of a live crowd and cheering on your team alongside fellow fans.

• Like 7

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

its good to see that we have a televised game, last season it seemed we were always on bt sports one week or the other.

i hope sky does us justice.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I must remember to arrive at the ground early to avoid the crowds. While I love watching live televised games, the sheer number of people can be overwhelming at times.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Sky tend to be 100% neutral; they're far better than BT Sports.

I don't have Sky, so there's no chance of recording it, but I do wonder if @william1984, will record it. It's good to be able to go back and watch what the pundits do say, along with recalling moments of the game where you could do with seeing a second view of it.

• Like 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

I'm pretty sure it's another international break so with no Premier League or Championship fixtures they've got no choice really. Although I'm sure they'd just be happier with more Prem highlights if they could get away with it!

I actually think BT did a good job of covering the National League, they had a game on every weekend with one in the week too for midweek fixtures. So far this season there's been no League 2 game broadcast (correct me if I'm wrong), they are showing Bradford v Grimsby tomorrow but considering they've got the rights for EFL games it's pretty poor. The only positive is it's good for us fans as we aren't messed around with different games times every other week!

• Like 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  2

I can’t be the only fan who wishes Sky would choose a different game. Us vs Mansfield is always shown live. I understand the local derby element, but it’s become boring at this stage. They should show others with more priority than this, but they won’t. Thankfully, I will be at the live game.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

19 minutes ago, DeadlyMacca said:

I can’t be the only fan who wishes Sky would choose a different game. Us vs Mansfield is always shown live. I understand the local derby element, but it’s become boring at this stage. They should show others with more priority than this, but they won’t. Thankfully, I will be at the live game.

It doesn’t bother me, but if I were at home, I think I would still want to see it if I couldn’t be at the game. I can see why some people might find it boring, but the game markets itself. Sky will be looking to attract casual football fans as well as fans of both teams who aren’t at the game.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It’s positive news that the Mansfield game will be televised. I hope this discourages those with no real interest in Notts from attending, yet who still turn up for games.