Fact of the day

Piethagoram

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

It is disappointing to see that Luke Williams missed out on the League Two Manager of the Month award, which went to Graham Alexander instead. It seems like a bit of an injustice, considering how well Williams has got the squad performing. However, I hope that the so-called curse hits MK Dons, and I am sure that Williams won’t be too bothered or disappointed by the outcome.

• Like 11

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

next time hopefully luke williams will get the manager of the month award, it becomes predictable when the efl just awards the team who was top at the end of the month. our achievement of adapting is far more impressive.

this stat backs up how impressive it is.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Betfred had to sneak the dig in at Wrexham.

I don't think there's any need for it this season, as whilst they are not doing great - it's a pointless rib. Yes, we both came up last season, but it's irrelevant now when comparing us to them. I do like the stat though, it's nice to know.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

It's a nice bit of recognition but a slightly arbitrary statistic - what is a "start"? The first three, six, ten games?

I've loved see us top of the league (see other threads), but in truth the only statistic that matters is the 13 points we've collected so far.

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  2

Yes! Hopefully, this stat will continue because it highlights how good last season was. The winning streak, numerous awards, players not missing a minute of action, etc.

Edited by DeadlyMacca
  • Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  1

This is a positive development, and it is hoped that the momentum can be maintained. The team remains undefeated since the first match, which is an achievement. There is much potential for further progress.

• Like 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Indeed, it’s impressive. If Notts County can maintain this winning streak, peppered with a few draws, we should be well-positioned at the top end as we approach the crucial stage of the season.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

This is an encouraging fact if we continue to perform well. I hope we can replicate this success. The away match against Salford will be a significant challenge.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

The fact that we’re on an undefeated run is indeed impressive and gives me hope that by Christmas, we’ll see more indicators that we’re on the right path. It would be a dream come true to emulate Arsenal’s feat of going an entire season undefeated. While it might be wishful thinking at this point, it’s a goal worth aspiring to.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

The fact that we’re on an undefeated run is indeed impressive and gives me hope that by Christmas, we’ll see more indicators that we’re on the right path. It would be a dream come true to emulate Arsenal’s feat of going an entire season undefeated. While it might be wishful thinking at this point, it’s a goal worth aspiring to.

It will be quite difficult to achieve as we lost the first game!!

• Haha 1

• Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

On 12/09/2023 at 15:12, Ohh Tommy Johnson said:

It will be quite difficult to achieve as we lost the first game!!

I was explicit enough, but I was referring to the future. We are demonstrating our progress as a team. Having reached this stage with only one loss speaks volumes, but who knows if we can go an entire season unbeaten in a few seasons’ time?