Tranmere sack their manager

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i think there is more to tranmeres poor form then just their manager, they have been real poor but seeing mark hughes in charge if bradford city and now nigel adkins at tranmere. it feels like league two is starting to attract former high quality managers. it makes it more interesting than seeing some of these championship aspiring managers snubbing teams in favour of being out of work.

was nigel doing a role already at tranmere?

• Like 9

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

Tranmere Rovers have had such a dismal start to the season, it’s difficult to envision how a new manager could bring about improvements. They should have been more patient. Even Nigel Adkins might struggle to effect a turnaround until they can offload some players.

• Like 8

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t foresee Tranmere Rovers making significant progress just because they’ve dismissed their manager. This season, they seem unlikely to achieve their ambitions. They appear to be a team with players who, for whatever reason, aren’t performing at their peak.

• Like 7

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

His departure was necessary due to the dreadful start, and Tranmere shouldn’t be performing this poorly. While I concur that the players also seem to be at fault, just as we did, you have to work with them.

• Like 5

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

As expected,another early season sacking.How many more before the end of the month?

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Tranmere Rovers have had a dismal start, which explains why they’ve decided to part ways with their manager. I’ve seen no evidence of progress from them, despite having some talented players. It’s puzzling why they don’t capitalise on the partnership between Kane Hemmings and Kristian Dennis. They haven’t seen much playtime, but there’s undeniable quality in their team that could potentially turn things around.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

Intriguing and anticipated decision to sack their manager, but I wasn’t certain who they would bring in. Tranmere Rovers are one of the EFL’s oddest teams with how they oscillate between divisions, never really having one they can call home for long. Non-League, Championship, League One and Two. They’ve experienced them all, this squad should be performing much better.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  210
  • Days Won:  0

I am not at all surprised by this situation. In fact, it wouldn't astonish me if the players intentionally underperformed in order to lead to the dismissal of their former manager. Their performance in League Two has been exceptionally poor, making it one of the worst starts in the league. The lack of success and poor performance certainly raises suspicions about the team's intentions.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Ian Dawes seemed pretty clueless, their statement mentioned that he had them playing some good football. I haven't seen it so far this season, I think he was the wrong man for the position. His experience so far seems quite a lot down to luck.

They may want to stick with Nigel Adkins until the end of the season if he is able to turn things around, then give the new manager a fresh start to make the needed changes.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

In my opinion, Tranmere has been one of the poorest teams we’ve faced so far; Grimsby appeared superior. From all the highlights I’ve seen, they seemed out of their league and subpar. I’m not surprised to see them eager to make a change.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

The decision to dismiss the manager is one that I find myself in agreement with, a rarity in such circumstances. It was a necessary step to prevent Tranmere Rovers from spiralling into a struggle that could have led to a relegation battle. While it’s never pleasant to see a manager lose their job, the timing of this change, ideally before the season commenced, was crucial for the team’s future.