New manager

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  192
  • Days Won:  2

I reckon you can't take the bookies' odds too seriously, maybe under the trees, but we've been more unconventional lately. Stuart Maynard might be the first choice under the Reedtz, which would be a thrilling start. They tend to like the unfamiliar, but I hope we hire a more conventional manager who knows English football well.

• Like 8

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

It took time to find a CEO to succeed the much-missed Jason Turner. I’m sure Christoffer and Alexander Reedtz hoped Luke Williams would stay longer. While they must consider potential replacements, having a list doesn’t guarantee they’re viable for the club.

Despite our better position, there’s no guarantee. A manager might be loyal to their current club, or in Morten Dahm Kjaergaard’s case, the delay might be due to the move.

I’m sure everything will be thought out. If I were to apply as a manager, I’d love to work with our current squad. I wouldn’t mind MDK or Stuart Maynard. Ideally, Maynard, due to his success with Wealdstone. He reminds me of Neil Warnock, just waiting for a chance to manage a league team.

Andrew Croft, Matt Gill, Scott Lindsey don’t appeal to me. I hope we avoid them as they lack the character we’ve seen in previous appointments.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,988
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

When our Danish owners came in and talked about sustainability... never did I think that the perceived main financial incomings were the "selling" of our head coaches!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171

I'm not sure who should come in, but I trust the process. I think whoever comes in might be completely unknown and may not even be mentioned by the betting companies. I don't expect much from the Reedtz, except for signings when someone talks.

• Like 4

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

I believe something’s occurred today, though I’ve no concrete evidence. Notts appears rather laid-back on the media side. Typically, when the social media is chilled, it implies the team is occupied with something. I’m curious if the club is nearing the announcement of the next manager?

• Like 6

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

I noticed that today as well @allardyces tash

Notts have posted nothing on Twitter or Instagram today. They surely must have been up to something

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  305

Just a presser today, I think the board is talking to managers and will appoint one on Saturday or shortly thereafter. We may know who it could be if any are present at the game, but I am not expecting Neil Warnock. I'm not against that, I just feel it's a rumour started to stir up things. At this stage I wouldn't bet on anyone, at least not as a sure thing.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

Surely Warnock is just fan talk, he's a legend but he wouldn't be the right choice for us now for all sorts of reasons. He'd be an awkward fit as a head coach.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I’m upset that Luke Williams has left, but he’s left the club in the best possible position, which should make finding the next manager easier.

The Neil Warnock rumour seems to be just that, a rumour.

Would he step down to League Two at his age? He might prefer retirement, especially considering Mark Hughes’ unsuccessful stint with Bradford City despite his impressive managerial record at higher levels.

I don’t have a specific preference for the next manager, I trust the board to make the best decision. I don’t think they’ll opt for a short-term solution, I believe Notts will be looking at the long term, just like with previous managers. It wouldn’t surprise me if they went for a young, unproven coach.

Being a good coach or manager is about more than just experience. You need to understand the game and if you’re brave enough to give someone a chance, it could pay off.

But it has to be the right person, not just someone picked from an academy or a semi-professional team. Experience isn’t the main factor when choosing a new head coach, because it can be gained in the right environment with the right support.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

The rumours about Stuart Maynard seemed to have ramped up at the moment, some Wealdstone fans on social media are wishing him well 👀 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

I believe it will be Stuart Maynard, Neil Warnock’s connection just seemed odd to me. I would have thought he would have other clubs at a much higher level seeking his signature, and coming to our level could be a weak point for such an amazing career. Maynard has something to prove, I have high hopes it’s him because he stands out to me as the most serious candidate to complete what Luke Williams started.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

On 04/01/2024 at 17:19, Fozzy said:

I have no idea who it will be, but they normally go a bit left field. If I was to pick someone who like to play football and is ready for the move up, it would be Stuart Maynard.

Not one to blow my own trumpet, but Fozzy knows 😉😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

And unbelievably for us the bookies got it right! That has to be a first.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

On the rumour side of things, it’s been pretty standard. Some folks tried to stir up a Neil Warnock rumour, but it wasn’t very convincing. Stuart Maynard does match what we’re after, and it did seem like the club was trying to negotiate with someone already in a job. I reckon if we’d considered someone without a current position, the appointment would have happened much quicker.

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,988
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

The appointment shows that the owners footballing philosophy is the first criteria.

Maynard ticks the boxes for the style of play, if he can sort out the defence, he can take Notts to the next level #COYP