Match Discussion: Game 29 - The Hatters (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  485
  • Days Won:  1

I agree, Stockport defended really well but their goalkeeper was the one who kept them in the game. If Notts had closed up and avoided some of the mistakes, the result could have been different. I think our form at this stage is the most important thing and avoiding defeat would be good. I fully expect the players to challenge Stockport County, with them attacking us in a similar way. It should be an entertaining game.

• Like 8

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,454
  • Days Won:  5

If the game goes ahead, I reckon the conditions might slow things down. I hope the officials don’t mess about and are good at controlling the game. I agree, Stockport did try to bully Notts at their ground but they did everything right on defence. The quality we showed in that game needs to be repeated tomorrow. No excuses, just go out and aim to create good chances.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Stockport could collapse at any point just as we did; they're a good side but are often overhyped. I believe we should dominate them at times, but I think the game will be determined by whoever scores first. I don't anticipate it ending in a draw.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  101

Well, if you were a natural, you would predict a draw again, I reckon. Stockport can be strong defensively when they're on form, so we'll need to get in behind them to make things happen. If we can defend reasonably well, the match should be entertaining and not too one-sided. The games at Meadow Lane this season have mostly been very good, and I hope this one will be too.

• Like 5

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

I'll just wish Stuart, Notts and all you Pie fans all the best on the next stage of your journey.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  154
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+
3 minutes ago, super_ram said:

I'll just wish Stuart, Notts and all you Pie fans all the best on the next stage of your journey.

Hear Hear.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  131

I’ll start the chant of ‘It’s just like watching Juve’ as soon as we take control of the match. Let’s outshout Stockport County’s fans and cheer on the lads to show Stuart Maynard how good we can be when we’re in sync.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  2

I hope that Notts can make us proud. I won’t take the result too seriously even if it goes against us because we’re in a transition. I just hope Stuart Maynard inspires us to be at our best, especially as we’re playing at home.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  56

A very strong feeling that no-one’s going to be busting a gut to get the pitch declared fit. The new gaffer would probably prefer not to have a game against the league leaders after 48 hours in the job.

Edited by yelobeli
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  18

If the game goes ahead, it will be good to watch. Obviously, I won't be able to make an impact on the atmosphere, but I want to hear you all cheering the lads on. Stockport should bring a good crowd with them, so I expect a good game from both teams.

• Like 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

11 hours ago, yelobeli said:

A very strong feeling that no-one’s going to be busting a gut to get the pitch declared fit. The new gaffer would probably prefer not to have a game against the league leaders after 48 hours in the job.

Looks like you were right.

• Sad 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  54

I think we'd have been fine had the game been on, our injury list seems to be stuck in a bit of permanent state with personal at the moment so I think bar getting some defenders in we're about as strong as we can be. I've seen a few Stockport fans say they don't mind it being off either as they have a few key players currently injured.

I agree it gives the new coaching team a bit of time to find out about their new players before the Barrow game though.

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

To be fair it sounds like Notts did everything they could to get the match on, the groundstaff were there all night with the heat lamps etc. Must have cost the club a fortune in overtime and electricity.

• Love 1

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i dont think for a second notts would not want the game to go ahead, our ground staff would have tried their best and the decision is down to the officials. i am more disappointed by the reactions on the official clubs facebook page. its been called off, accept it and dont seek blame.

• Like 2

Supporter+

I have no problem with the match being called off, it gives the new Head Coach another week to prepare for Barrow.

And the results today have gone Notts way too. Wrexham and Barrow lost today.

• Like 1

Supporter+

So on Tuesday evening we play Stockport in the rearranged game 

I congratulate Stockport on their promotion to League 1.

This is a very important game for Notts even though it doesn't appear that they have much to play for now.

Notts have a 3 match unbeaten run and I'm sure Maynard and the team will want that to continue & beating Stockport would mean that Notts have won three on the bounce for the first time this season.

I believe Stuart should pick the same team that beat Walsall, unless Robertson is fit and continue with the Jatta Macaulay partnership up front 

Key areas will be our defence, as it always has been this season. Notts need to keep with the high intensity football, and ensure that we close Stockport down when they get the ball. 

Notts need to be alert at all times, especially on crosses and dead ball situations.

As we know, Stockport will be very weary of our attacking prowess and Jatta will be a fresh problem for them to deal with.

A score draw would be a good result but we are very capable of getting a win.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Stockport can win the league tomorrow night. I'd prefer if they didn't win the league win at ML, nothing against Stockport, they deserve to be champions but not on our watch please! It's a proper test for us. One we are more than capable of passing. 

Supporter+

Stockport 3 up at half time. A stroll in the park. Notts have been poor. Individual mistakes again. 

Supporter+

The subs made a big difference but the damage was done in the first half. You can't concede 85 goals and expect to challenge for promotion. Stockport have conceded 44. Looks like Stockport are enjoying their night. Well deserved. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,666
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I am fed up of our defenders. Another careless slip from Baldwin..how many times!!!!. Cameron should have given away another penalty a minute before they scored, by grabbing a Stockport player around the neck. Every corner conceded is heart in mouth time

Ref was out of his depth. Same ref as Barrow home game

Positives Crowley, Robertson performances

JOB's penultimate Meadow Lane appearance? We dont have the physicality to compete, so many 2nd balls not won

• Like 1

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
5 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

I am fed up of our defenders. Another careless slip from Baldwin..how many times!!!!.

I said exactly the same thing, it’s like Groundhog Day watching Baldwin.

Notts weren’t helped by a poor referee but in fairness we were well beaten. Hopefully it’ll be us celebrating promotion this time next season. 

• Like 2

Supporter+

We got some pride back in that second half, Langstaff could easily have had a hat trick in the game.

We know what the problems are, the defence tonight simply not good enough, Bostock and Didzy very dissapointing.

Our three substitutes made some difference in the second half.

We missed Jatta big time, we had no outlet, and I'm sorry but as soon as I saw who we had at the back, I was concerned that we would concede a few.

We know where the changes need to be made and that will be done.

I'm pleased we scored two, another for Macca and Dan.

88 league goals now scored. We should make over 90 now.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  36

If ever a game showed that we have to be ruthless in the summer, it was this one. Terrible mistakes at the back alongside a hopeless referee only meant one result tonight.

I actually thought we started quite well, but it was heads gone as usual when the inevitable mistake results in their first goal.

How many assists has Baldwin got for the opposition this season? It has to be close to double figures. Brindley also showed that he is nowhere near the standard we need. 
Release them both in the summer with TAR and also try to offload Rawlinson.

Can now see us genuinely releasing all out of contract players with the exception of Scott, who should have been brought on to get some minutes into his legs as there is no point just leaving him on the bench.

I thought Robertson was quality, but we need a couple more centre mids in the summer as we don’t know how Matty will return.

Finally, Randall can go shopping every matchday for me. He’s of no use to us.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Fozzy

I agree with you.

I am optimistic for next season. We could easily have won this match without the individual errors.

We know the players that are not good enough at this level and they should be released or transferred.

With the right players we can challenge next season.

We are very capable of winning our last two games and we should aim to do just that. 

With the pressure off, Notts can go out and express themselves to the full starting against Colchester on Saturday.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

Welcome to the REAL World did the Stats and Data predict this? And did the Stats and Data Predict how Poor our Defence would be? No but funny enough the Fans knew. As soon as the line up came out and who Notts had in the Back Three, I bet there were an awful lot of Fans who knew Notts were on to a Hiding. Brinsley Baldwin and Cameron  it's been clear from the Start of the season NONE  of these players are League 2 Standard. How much Longer are Notts going to play Tippy Tappy Football in their own 18 yard Box? What does it need to Convince Stuart Maynard and his Coaching Staff you can't play this type of Football in League 2, you have to mix things up and Not be Predictable ( how many times have those words been written on here?)

Notts haven't beaten any of the Promoted sides this season, being thumped 4-1 at home by Mansfield and Now 5-2 by Stockport.,(home) along with the 2-0 lose to Wrexham(home). And a team who seem certain to Relegated back to the National League, have scored a Total of 9 goals against The Magpies over two matches. So Nobody Can Say That There Isn't A Problem Down The Lane. A Total Rebuild Is Required and if Montague his Recruitment team and Data doesn't get it right in the off season, then Let's Not Kid Ourselves Notts are going to be mediocre at Best or in a Relegation fight. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1