[Rumour] Jermaine Pennant To Forest Green Rovers?

Chris

THE January transfer window rumour mill is linking former Stoke City star Jermaine Pennant with a shock move to Forest Green.

The 31-year-old free agent worked with Forest Green management duo Ady Pennock and Dave Kevan at his former club Stoke City and was believed to have been spotted at chairman Dale Vince’s Stroud-based Ecotricity headquarters today, Thursday. Pennant has vowed to start a new chapter in his career after being released by Stoke.

2844190.jpg?type=articleLandscape

What's happened to his career? He could have done a job here, I noticed a couple of comments about some fans hoping he would. It seems he's on the burner, though unlike some he's got the talent worth saving if a manager can deal with his attitude/behaviour.

Thoughts? Surely this won't happen!!!

This makes me feel old, as I remember when we sold him and there was this hoo haa about him being the next big thing! Now he is 31 and could be playing for FGR

I remember being excited about his prospect to play for us, i felt we sold him a little early. 1m was decent offer, however some place have go after that period for far more and he might have made a difference. This said, I would not take him back now.

He would be a problem in my opinion. 

This makes me feel old, as I remember when we sold him and there was this hoo haa about him being the next big thing! Now he is 31 and could be playing for FGR

Tell me about it, I was young at the time and my Grandfather actually took me to the game. He knew I liked Arsenal, so it was nice to say I have seen them but looking back it makes me feel old. I'm only 26, half a kid inside and half something else. :P

i know who he is but i was not aware he started out with us. if forest green could get him, surely we could?

It depends on if our managers interest, JP isn't the type of player who Shaun Derry would perhaps look to bring in. Not to take anything from SD but he seems to want people he can easily manage, which right now is his choice. In the future, it perhaps won't be but he needs time to learn.

I remember being excited about his prospect to play for us, i felt we sold him a little early. 1m was decent offer, however some place have go after that period for far more and he might have made a difference. This said, I would not take him back now.

He would be a problem in my opinion. 

I felt the same, though when I was told it was 1million - I did honestly think it could have been spent much better.

Does anyone know exactly what happened to it?

maybe so dont change the fact he has a attitude problem if the only club after him is forest green rovers says it all about  his ability as a player.

All true. The problem here is his attitude stems from his start in life. Working in the Meadows, from whenst he came, look at the father to see the son!

Wouldn't trust his dad as far as you could throw him or his alleged plant growing of the dodgy sort equipment. JP has an attitude problem because with that start and nothing else to look to, money and self belief that he is better than the rest has led him to this.

For Notts? No way now. Too many issues to deal with as it is without adding significant fuel to the fire.

Supporter+

I remember seeing him play aged 16, wasn't it Pavis who sold him for a reported million?

I can't see him coming back here, too much baggage I would really be surprised to see him drop down F*#*est Green Rovers.

• 2 weeks later...

after reading what u all have to say bout pennent i do agree with what some of you are saying his attitude is bad he has lost some pace but evern if we get him till the end of the season on a pay as you play basis i still think he would be a good player but would he come to notts county thats the question or dose he think he bigger than us 

after reading what u all have to say bout pennent i do agree with what some of you are saying his attitude is bad he has lost some pace but evern if we get him till the end of the season on a pay as you play basis i still think he would be a good player but would he come to notts county thats the question or dose he think he bigger than us 

I'm surprised he's still a free agent. I wonder if this means the reported news was false?!?!

• 1 month later...

Yeah it was Arsenal. 2 million we sold him for I believe. Dave Kevan also at FGR.....

I don't believe we got the full deal, unless I am mistaken. I think the deal was 1m (or slightly under) with bonuses based on appearances or something, I recall reading an article about it but the details slip my mind. :(

Archived