Macca to Swansea?

This just in, according to  Wales on line Swansea are thinking of Making a sizeable bid for Macca. Despite Macca's appointment as Club Captain and a Step Up to the Championship the Swans manager Luke Williams is Confident that Macca could make the move. It is reported, but no names were mentioned that Williams has had conversations with players on the Lap Top.  There were several mistakes in the story, one stating Williams signed Langstaff from Gateshead, which is false, as Macca had already been signed before Williams was appointed.

I have stated in other Threads that I wouldn't be surprised if Swansea came in for Macca. He and Williams had a good relationship at Notts and the Swans Head Coach as every confidence in Macca despite the fact Langstaff would have to Step Up two divisions. Swansea are looking for a Striker and hope to secure any deal before the Closure of the current Transfer Window. So could one of the Magpies Top Three be on the move after all ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Supporter+

It's a click bait story @Wheelbarrow repair man and even if it were true Notts should reject any approach from Williams & Swansea no matter what they offer. 

• Like 6

Leigh Curtis seems to be causing a stir with his journalism, suggesting Derby County might be interested in signing Macaulay Langstaff. While Luke Williams may hold him in high regard, it’s unlikely Langstaff would move to Wales to join him. It’s more probable he’d prefer to stay closer to his family, which works in our favour. Besides, if Swansea City could meet our owners’ likely asking price, they would probably have more established Championship players to consider. Macca isn’t likely to leave without a fight; I believe he’ll stay with us for a while longer.

• Like 8

Supporter+

Notts will have possibly given Macca a nice pay rise to be club captain and as far as we know, Notts could have agreed with Macca that he will stay at least another year to try to get Notts promoted.

Notts hold all the aces with Macca's contract not expiring till End of June 2027.

• Like 2

Yeah, it’s a very easy story, it's just speculation right now. No-one’s actually been interviewed or even suggested an offer has been made all the writer has done is put Luke Williams and Langstaff together and said, could it happen again?

I still believe we've got a very good chance of him staying with us. You can argue that every signing is a risk, but some are definitely more of a risk then others and I’d put Langstaff in the Championship as a bigger risk. There’s no doubt he’s great, but he’s great for us. The teams we play against are far worse than any of the championship teams. Even if he is a “potential target” I think he’d be way down on the list of potential signings. I think Swansea are far more likely to try and sign, for example, a player from the second division in Germany that has scored 20 goals. You’d be more confident he would be a good signing because the level of teams he’d been playing against will be of a similar level to those in the Championship.

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 7

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

Notts should not sell anyone to Williams, he left Notts which caused a lot of disruption and he also left Notts in very poor form defensively.

I wouldn't sell Macca for £5 million to Swansea never mind £2.7 million.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

I think Notts would be making a big mistake if they let him go. They let Ruben go, but it was the end of his contract. Macca has 3 years left. 

This time Notts should insist he tries to help get Notts promoted. Time for Notts to get tough on transfers.

Notts need to think about the affect on season ticket sales if he is allowed to go too.

At the end of the day, as you say it's up to Notts, but the vast number of supporters would want him to stay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

It seems that Swansea will offer £2.7 million for Macca, to join them. Is that enough to tempt the Notts board to part with their Star Striker?

Swansea should invest in improving their defence, not splash cash on a striker.

I don't really buy it. I think Luke Williams may have said that he would love to have Macaualay Langstaff in his team, which reporters are now trying to get the views by saying it's 'serious interest' on their behalf. While his form is good, he will be linked and talk of his move will be rumoured. I don't think it's something we need to worry about; ideally when the offer is too much we will accept it and use the funds to strengthen the squad.

I would love to give Macca another 3-year-deal, if we do land a longer contract that would be great but at some point we do need to think what we can get for him.

Leaving on a free, when there's potential to get a good fee, just seems silly.

I'm saying we have to sell him or that we should, I just think there will be a point where he'll either commit to us longer or we would have to sell down the line.

• Like 5

@Chris

Selling Macca now would mean perhaps getting the most Money for him. He is after all  27 and 29 with a year left on his contract and at any time should his goal tally Drop, say below 20 a season other teams will rapidly lose interest in him. Therefore £2.7 million plus addons my be a tempting offer  and one to difficult for the Notts Board to turn down.

I'd love Macca to stay at the Lane for the Rest of his Career but would that be possible?  He'll have his own ambitions and should Notts fail to get Promoted this coming season and should Macca still be at the Lane, then a lower offer may come in and Notts may let him go for say £1.5 million thinking they could have let him go this off season for £2.7 million so not wanting to miss out on a decent payday he'd go for a lower price. But that is in the hands of Chris & Alex and who ever else has the say so on Transfers.

• Sad 1

Selling Macaulay Langstaff now could be a bad choice. If we do decide to sell him, it should be at the end of the season. Keeping him for one more year wouldn't hurt. I think we should only let him go if we have no chance of promotion. While any money from his sale could improve the team, it might also weaken us. He's more than just a goalscorer, and making him captain shows his importance. We have a good chance of getting promoted to League One, and we are stronger with him in the team.

• Like 4

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man I get what you are saying about Notts losing transfer money on Macca if he stays another year, but that will be far out weighed by the money Notts can earn with extra season ticket sales, higher attendances and the extra money Notts could get for being promoted to league one with Macca's help.

And don't forget, Macca staying could earn Notts more TV money too and more lucrative Sponsorship.

I'd be very surprised if they let him go without a fight.

• Like 1

macaualay langstaff might be happy as things are, i think it will take a club that he likes and wants to play for to come in and change things. swansea is not a glamourous team. plus how safe is luke williams there? he could move, then end up being pushed out by a new manager. i hope we learn of contract news, which will give us a lot of peace of mind.

even at 27, he still has the best years ahead of him. until he turns at least 32/33. if we play our cards right, he might be around when we are pushing for better times in league one.

i would only sell him if the money was right.

• Like 3

Well now a couple or so weeks ago I wrote a Topic about the Media nicking Fans comments off Websites such has PON, and making those comments into a story for their publication. Somebody from the Football League World  picked up on Why Notts could sell Macca. It now seems the The Real EFL have done the same after myself and others commented on the chances of Swansea making a Double Bid for Macca and Jodi.

It's a Shame these so called Journalists (and I use the term very loosely ) haven't got the Talent to write their own stories instead of Stealing Fans Comments and written Topics of said Fans. So it would seem the item is Clickbait and it's just Rumour and Hearsay, stolen from our remarks and comments on the PON Website.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

@Robbie @CliftonMagpie @menzinho

It seems that Swansea will offer £2.7 million for Macca, to join them. Is that enough to tempt the Notts board to part with their Star Striker?

I think it might be, if the Rumour is True of Course. Then again there's No Smoke Without Fire as the saying goes.

It's a large amount for a team that the manager, Luke Williams, would need to spend wisely. I don't think it's a serious transfer target, but until an offer comes in, we shouldn't worry or add to the rumours.

• Like 3

Supporter+

I hope it’s not true but if £2.7m was offered I think Notts might be tempted.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Just seen another click and bait Headline  from the "Swansea Independent" saying Swansea COULD launch a move for Macca and Jodi this summer.

We are already in mid summer and the emphasis is on COULD.

It's just a headline to bait you in to click on their news.

Looks like the Welsh media are absolutely desperate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Notts have a policy of ensuring our players see out their contracts, as evidenced with Reuben. We have invested heavily in a new defence and goalkeeper, after the old defence failed last year. why would we sell our best player? why when his goals lead to promotion?

I think this reveals the true strength of the data driven recruitment. something that the likes of Luke and Swansea do not possess. It shows Luke and Swansea do not possess the ability to target and source players, only a connection to what Luke once worked with.

In agreeing to let Swansea speak to and be bought out by Swansea, would Notts not have put a Clause in the contract that he could not sign our players?

Also, as highlighted by most posters, it is about selling adverts on newspaper sites. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Well said @Scotty The click and bait stories regarding Macca are in overdrive, but as you said. They are put out just to sell a story and get enough on line traffic to get advertising revenue.

• Like 2

Since Macaulay Langstaff’s record-setting season, the constant rumours each season still catch me off guard. I find myself wishing that the transfer gossip would cease with the season’s end. It’s crucial for Notts to secure a new contract for him, even if it’s just for a year. If not, I fear he might depart on a free transfer.

Supporter+
1 hour ago, allardyces tash said:

It’s crucial for Notts to secure a new contract for him, even if it’s just for a year. If not, I fear he might depart on a free transfer.

Macca has three years left on his contract, So anyone interested in him would need to pay for him big 

So Notts hold all the aces.

• Like 1