Curtis Edwards joins Notts

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Welcome to Notts Curtis Edwards.

"He can play in various midfield roles, which gives us more flexibility and depth, and is a fantastic technician who’s also very hard-working and mobile between both boxes"

• Like 11
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  2

The signing of Curtis Edwards is fantastic. He brings a unique element to the team and seems to be a valuable addition, especially with the departure of Jim O’Brien and John Bostock. It’s perfect to have someone with his experience as we head into the season.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

I believe he’ll be a key player in the squad. His quality in the English game might be a bit of a mystery, but you don’t compete in the tournaments he has without having a bit of skill. He’s clearly a steady influence in midfield, so hopefully, he’ll bring some creativity and forward-thinking to the team.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,086
  • Days Won:  2

Top-notch signing, I’m really taken with the positive remarks from the Woking fans and others on social media.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i think the club has pulled off a great signing with the arrival of curtis edwards. he seems to tick all the boxes and he will offer us a lot with his experience of playing overseas. that must give him something about him.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  868
  • Days Won:  1

Cracking signing, Curtis Edwards fits the role rather well. Slotting him into the midfield should be straightforward, I can envision him potentially rotating with Scott Robertson or coming off the bench to steady the ship. Very heartening news.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  493

He’s expected to step in and hopefully fill the shoes of Jim O’Brien. It’s going to be tough to match that passion, but in terms of ability and consistency, that’s where Curtis Edwards can step up. He can influence the players around him and hopefully do a solid job.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  902
  • Days Won:  3

You can’t size up a player just by his appearances or what his Wikipedia page says, all the early signs are looking good. Let’s give the lad a chance to find his feet with the squad around him. His experience might just turn out to be a boon in our push for promotion.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I don't know much about his career, but I do know he's capable at League Two level. He helped Woking, who were struggling under Michael Doyle. You don't play overseas unless you have something special. He might not have the pedigree of John Bostock, but he's influential and works hard. I've heard he's very good at picking up the ball, which is ideal since we need to be stronger in this area.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  278

Curtis Edwards appears to be a valuable addition to the team. I concur with others that he brings a unique element to the squad. It’s reassuring to have some experienced players in the midfield. I believe he and Matt Palmer will be in sync on the field.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

I like the choice of wording to describe him; cultured midfielder… Does that mean his interests are French cinema, Bauhaus architecture and poems by William Wordsworth?

I wonder if Michael Doyle got the heads up from Ian Burchnall about him as they were both at Ostersunds at the same time, I can't imagine Doyle having many contacts in Scandinavia! He only had a short spell in the NL (in a poor team too by all accounts) but was clearly better than the level.

I've cherry picked a few comments from the Woking Forum... 

He came into a struggling team heading for relegation, and became undoubtedly one of the biggest difference-makers in the last three months in terms of our survival. Yes, I saw him have a couple of quiet games as well (which player doesn't have quiet games?), but it must be remembered who he was playing in midfield with. Akinola really didn't help him at York, for example. If the season started in February he would likely have been Player of the Season, or very close to it.

Good luck to him, he was very good for us and probably the most leftfield signing we have ever had.

I think Curtis Edwards is better than Jack Roles, who has just signed a two year deal at a League One club. Football is weird.

Ffs, they're going to be so good to watch. Not sure their entirely new defence will be everything they expect, but that team has some ridiculous attacking talent for Edwards to enable.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

I came across a piece of information, possibly on Twitter, that Curtis Edwards had a stint with Woking while he was between clubs and looking for a league team. It’s likely that Ian Burchnall recommended him to Michael Doyle, or perhaps Edwards consulted with Burchnall who then suggested Doyle. Regardless, it’s all come full circle now and he’s here with us. At first glance, he seems more like a coach or fitness trainer than a footballer, but I’m not one to judge. It was just an initial impression when I saw his photo. I’m confident he’ll prove to be a quality addition.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

I know you can't judge anyone by their appearance alone but I agree the main photo of him doesn't make him look particularly imposing. If you asked 100 people what he does and gave them the choice of IT Technician and Professional Footballer, I can see one getting a lot more votes!

He'll probably turn out to be one of the fittest players next season and be able to run for days!

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He reminds me of a footballer from the late 90s to early 00s, but that's not a bad thing. Everyone says 'It's a man's game' when you see young players who fit the characteristics of players like Ed Francis and Will Patching (just as examples) but sometimes appearances isn't everything.

I have no doubt that Curtis Edwards has the ability as a footballer to make a significant impact at Notts.

Everything I know and have read tick the right boxes, so I am encouraged by the arrival of him and I think he fits to what we need. I am looking forward to seeing him on the pitch.